SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Sorry Irish fans but ND is a go-against team this year.

They will win almost every game because their offense can score and score and score some more. But they will not cover the kind of big of inflated lines a #2 team is shown imo. There is just not enough defense to finish in the top 3. I'm looking for a 5-10th finish.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND hasn't been that good ats in recent years anyways. I am a huge Irish fan, but trust me, I will be fading them all season.

Catsfan
    Catsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    ND hasn't been that good ats in recent years anyways. I am a huge Irish fan, but trust me, I will be fading them all season.
    Illusion
    What do you think about their opening game at Ga Tech?

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not ready to trust Chan Gailey and Reggie Ball with my money against Weiss and Quinn...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i just don't see them being a covering machine this year either.

pags11

they're going to be fun to watch though dan...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    they're going to be fun to watch though dan...
    Their offense and lack of defense is gonna light up the scoreboard this season.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Did I see Herbstreit pick Notre Dame in the national championship game or was I imagining that? I was in a loud, loud bar when I saw it and thought, "surely, that's not the case".

E

pags11

I'm sure as hell not betting against them in week one, especially with Reggie Ball at the helm for G.T...

JDK192
    JDK192's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ebone - yes Herbstreit picked them. I couldn't believe it either given his Ohio State is so hyped this year. Their offense will be awesome again, there D is the question although they do have some good athletes on D (Zibikowski). I have no problem laying 7.5 on the road vs G Tech week 1. You give Charlie Weiss over a month to gameplan and the athletes they have on offense and I don't see how they don't score at least 40 like they did on Pitt opening game last year.

darkghost
    darkghost's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10547

The big question here is can GT's D contain ND's offense. GT has a top 20 D but I've noticed they have trouble containing pass-oriented multiple formation type offenses like ND's. GT will likely score around 20 pts while ND could score anywhere between 20 - 40 pts depending on how sharp their offense is. Remember offenses tend to be behind defenses at the start of the season and GT's not a place where you want to start your season particularly when the game will be at night and a prime time televised game giving GT a little more of a home field edge. I see the line's at 7 but see no value on playing either side.

pags11

that's the way I see it as well, darkghost, but I think those that play G.T. may end up sick to their stomachs...if you lose with ND in this one so be it, but the G.T. backers may have some problems...