bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan RB Mike Hart

After a fantastic freshman season, Michigan RB Mike Hart had a lot of injuries during his sophomore campaign. Hart's name is no longer bandied about nationally in the same breath as Oklahoma's Adrian Peterson or California's Marshawn Lynch. I still think he's still one of the nation's top backs IMO

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Blue Ribbon Yearbook.

This is a deep and talented pool of candidates, led by junior Mike Hart (5-9, 198), who burst onto the scene two years ago with 1,455 yards and nine touchdowns as a freshman.

Last year, dogged by hamstring and ankle injuries, he missed four games and his productivity slipped to just 662 yards and four scores, but he showed again what he can do when healthy with a three-game explosion of 218 yards at Michigan State, 109 against Minnesota and 108 against Penn State, with a score in each game.

Hart started the season with 117 yards against Northern Illinois but injured his hamstring early in the Notre Dame game and missed two starts. He came back with his big three-game spurt, but then injured his ankle after just five carries at Iowa and had to miss two more games. He wasn't much of a factor against Ohio State, with just 15 yards on nine carries, and he added 74 yards on 19 carries in the Alamo Bowl. After two injuries, he said it was hard to play with confidence in his legs.

"It took me a couple games to get back to 100 percent, and then the next week I messed up my ankle," Hart told Scout.com. "I was never 100 percent after that. It was just tough to not be able to go out there and give it 100 percent. It's hard because you can't do the things that you're able to."

The key this year will be keeping Hart in one piece, and with a solid crop of backups to spell him and the return to health of his offensive line, he shouldn't face the same troubles he had to deal with last season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can really see this kid having a big year this year.