Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Anybody have an angle here? Thinking of taking FIU -4
    Take the loser bud (FIU)!

Who have they played?

Why cause there favorite?

Just wire me the money I'll make the best bet for u

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cristobal(FIU) can coach circles around Doc Holliday who is a hell of a recruiter but not too great of a coach. More along the lines of former WVU coach Bill Stewart.

The game is in Tampa so I'd guess it'd be more of a home field advantage. I still believe they're playing where the Tampa Rays play..and it gets quite loud in that joke of a dome. Ringing ears loud even with a 1/2 filled place.

Cristobal's name is also being mentioned for the Pitt job among other teams. Some may argue but I tihnk he'll make a push to have a convincing win on his resume before he looks at other options this offseason.

TY Hilton will have a field day on Marshall's secondary...

I'd say the line should be FIU -5.5

Ab34
    Ab34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2836

I am a Marshall season ticket holder and playing Hilton scares me with our horrid secondary, I do feel like this game will be good for kids a lot almost half or more are from the state of FL on the mu roster. This should be a good game to watch but a no play for me!

Make sure to keep an eye on 99 venny curry

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by Ab34 View Post
    I am a Marshall season ticket holder and playing Hilton scares me with our horrid secondary, I do feel like this game will be good for kids a lot almost half or more are from the state of FL on the mu roster. This should be a good game to watch but a no play for me!

Make sure to keep an eye on 99 venny curry

Doc Holliday has always recruited extremely well in the state of Florida so at the least that dome will be packed with friends and family. It'll pay dividends maybe for you guys in recruiting but I still don't see Marshall winning the game unless they get some fluke turnovers.(Wesley Carroll the FIU QB has done a decent job of handling that.

It won't be a blowout by any means I don't think. Marshall has a questionable secondary and because of FIU's *unique* style of blocking with their offensive line..Marshall will be hard pressed to try too many blitz patterns(atleast compared to where they're used to doing)

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Marshall will make their usual mistakes that lead to them losing the game

Weems2k
    Fat!!!
    Weems2k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8884

After watching the New Orleans Bowl, and getting robbed at the same time, I'll never underestimate a Sun Belt team again. Schools like that actually are pumped just to be in a bowl, and in their home state no less. Marshall shouldn't even be in a bowl either. I'll go with FIU to cover easily this time.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Normally, these throw away games come down to the teams that want the win the most getting it. Marshall has the worst record, but has defeated some decent teams. A pass for me.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

That home state stuff is HUGE

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

We are marshall!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    We are marshall!
    Problem is, that slogan originated at Penn State...

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Normally, these throw away games come down to the teams that want the win the most getting it. Marshall has the worst record, but has defeated some decent teams. A pass for me.
    I am on the other side of the fence... I see some golden betting opportunities in some of the lower-tier bowl games.

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

FIU own Marshall in almost every statistical category yet the line is only -4.

Hmm?

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

small play on the under for me here. fiu has been an under machine this season (9 outta 12 i believe) while marshall has had their fair share of unders in a conference with a ton of great offenses and no defenses.

Ambition
    The Professor
    Ambition's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2452

FIU has played no one and Marshall has lost to three Top 25 teams with Houston, VT, & WVU so those are big loses. You can't look at the record alone to make this decision but, I'd go with Marshall and the points.

PeEWeEZeE
    PeEWeEZeE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

Marshall+4!

presley177

Marshall is the wrong side here....FIU or no play
    Points Awarded:

nosniboR11 gave presley177 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

I wouldn't say that they "own" marshall but they have a considerable advantage in many categories...I wouldn't feel comfortable with Marshall keeping it within a FG though but I haven't seen much of their games either. FIU -4

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by presley177 View Post
    Cristobal(FIU) can coach circles around Doc Holliday who is a hell of a recruiter but not too great of a coach. More along the lines of former WVU coach Bill Stewart.

The game is in Tampa so I'd guess it'd be more of a home field advantage. I still believe they're playing where the Tampa Rays play..and it gets quite loud in that joke of a dome. Ringing ears loud even with a 1/2 filled place.

Cristobal's name is also being mentioned for the Pitt job among other teams. Some may argue but I tihnk he'll make a push to have a convincing win on his resume before he looks at other options this offseason.

TY Hilton will have a field day on Marshall's secondary...

I'd say the line should be FIU -5.5
    joke of a dome?????????I have been to at least half of the MLB parks in the country and i would have to say tropicana field is one of the best game enviroments in the Nation.I loveeee the trop and i dont know why all the hate from everyone about them needing a new venue?????Does not make any sense.Would be a huge waste of money for tax payers.The trop is bad ass.....I can tell you have obviously NEVER been there!

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

my angle is brandon lang is on fiu...which means im not

presley177

Quote Originally Posted by bradleysnyder View Post
    joke of a dome?????????I have been to at least half of the MLB parks in the country and i would have to say tropicana field is one of the best game enviroments in the Nation.I loveeee the trop and i dont know why all the hate from everyone about them needing a new venue?????Does not make any sense.Would be a huge waste of money for tax payers.The trop is bad ass.....I can tell you have obviously NEVER been there!

I went to USF and went to many Rays games when they were the DEVIL Rays....back when you could hear foul balls smacking against empty blue seats. Many games indeed. The stadium is ugly, the catwalks are ridiculous and it's just not good. The concourse is small, food concourse and food leaves much to be desired.

The only good thing about the place is the parking, checkers fries and the hawaian shirt wearing ushers who all seemed to be friendly being old retired men who love baseball.

I like the Rays but they'll be the next team moved.

presley177

they don't even have the "Heckler" anymore

but to get back on topic. FIU good up to 6

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!

Panthers

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

thx lang for the free money..i hope u keep losing so i keep winning..now 10-0 in 4 days fading that clown