jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Funny. Its Texas A@M and theyre in the SEC now, he should tell the haters to kiss his you know what.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sumlin goes the way of Charlie Strong. He will end up with some Group of 5 team after A&M fires him. Their first game at UCLA should basically set the stage for the entire season. Trips to Arkansas (Arlington Tx), Florida, and season ending trips to Ole Miss and LSU, plus home games against both Alabama teams makes another 8-5 season questionable, and 8-5 probably will not be enough to save his job at A&M.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Who do Texas A&M think they is???

Certain schools have pipe dream

They will fire him and the next coach is going to go 9-4/10-3 like everyone else

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Sumlin goes the way of Charlie Strong. He will end up with some Group of 5 team after A&M fires him. Their first game at UCLA should basically set the stage for the entire season. Trips to Arkansas (Arlington Tx), Florida, and season ending trips to Ole Miss and LSU, plus home games against both Alabama teams makes another 8-5 season questionable, and 8-5 probably will not be enough to save his job at A&M.
    Your hate for black coaches is sickening. You said the same about all of them including Taggart, theyve made you eat your words so far. Just enjoy the game and get the hate out of your heart.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Your hate for black coaches is sickening. You said the same about all of them including Taggart, theyve made you eat your words so far. Just enjoy the game and get the hate out of your heart.
    Black head coaches have sucked for years in college football.

Lovie Smith
    Darren Hazell
    Turner Gill
    Derek Mason
    Charlie Strong
    Kevin Sumlin

Other than David Shaw, they all stink and Shaw inherited a program that Harbaugh built.

But I guess you can put your hopes in Willy Taggart and Dino Babers. Taggart at Oregon will be a disaster. Should have rehired Chip.

Buffalo Nickle
    Buffalo Nickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 878

Sumlin has nothing to lose at this point. He is either getting fired or he isn't. He might as well talk big.

He's probably got 2 years. They are getting antsy at A&M but I'm not sure they have the guts to fire him.

But two 7-win seasons and he will probably be out. They don't really have anyone to replace him with though.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post

Lovie Smith
    Darren Hazell
    Turner Gill
    Derek Mason
    Charlie Strong
    Kevin Sumlin

Other than David Shaw, they all stink and Shaw inherited a program that Harbaugh built.

But I guess you can put your hopes in Willy Taggart and Dino Babers. Taggart at Oregon will be a disaster. Should have rehired Chip.
    And nothing ever to say about any white coaches. Get a new hobby.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You really are a dumb racist know-nothing. I said that Strong was a terrible hire at Texas, and I was proven correct. I said that the worst thing that could have happened to Sumlin was going 10-2 with Manzel in that freak year of 2012 and once again, I was correct. There is no hiding the fact that A&M is not an elite school in the SEC West. To make matters worse, Sumlin's record in the last 2 games of the regular season from 2013 to present is a terrible 2-6. He is 0-5 against LSU, 1-4 against Alabama, and 2-3 against Ole Miss. He is a bigger disaster ATS, going 16-31-1 in the last 4 years and 9-22-1 ATS against the SEC. Those are NOT numbers that keep coaches in their job. Do you really think this guy can coach with the likes of Saban, Malzahn, Mullen, Jones, Smart, or McElwain? By the way, since you love throwing the race card around, the two black head coaches in Texas, Sumlin and Strong, went 9-14-1 ATS last season. That would have cost you a pretty penny or two. They were a combined 10-13-1 in 2015 and 11-14 in 2014. Money losers for all three seasons.

Now I expect Strong and his USF team to win at least 12 games this season. They return 16 starters off of an 11-2 team in 2016 and host Houston, the only Top 20 team they play all season (excluding their bowl game). They have the inside track to going to the Peach Bowl as the Group of 5 rep to the Big 6 Bowl games. My guess is that they will play either Auburn, LSU, Georgia, or Florida, assuming that Alabama makes the final four again. Strong is back coaching where he belongs. In the "Group of 5". He should do very well because he does not have to face the caliber of opposition that he did while at Texas.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Need another Johnny Football

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You really are a dumb racist know-nothing. I said that Strong was a terrible hire at Texas, and I was proven correct. I said that the worst thing that could have happened to Sumlin was going 10-2 with Manzel in that freak year of 2012 and once again, I was correct. There is no hiding the fact that A&M is not an elite school in the SEC West. To make matters worse, Sumlin's record in the last 2 games of the regular season from 2013 to present is a terrible 2-6. He is 0-5 against LSU, 1-4 against Alabama, and 2-3 against Ole Miss. He is a bigger disaster ATS, going 16-31-1 in the last 4 years and 9-22-1 ATS against the SEC. Those are NOT numbers that keep coaches in their job. Do you really think this guy can coach with the likes of Saban, Malzahn, Mullen, Jones, Smart, or McElwain? By the way, since you love throwing the race card around, the two black head coaches in Texas, Sumlin and Strong, went 9-14-1 ATS last season. That would have cost you a pretty penny or two. They were a combined 10-13-1 in 2015 and 11-14 in 2014. Money losers for all three seasons.

Now I expect Strong and his USF team to win at least 12 games this season. They return 16 starters off of an 11-2 team in 2016 and host Houston, the only Top 20 team they play all season (excluding their bowl game). They have the inside track to going to the Peach Bowl as the Group of 5 rep to the Big 6 Bowl games. My guess is that they will play either Auburn, LSU, Georgia, or Florida, assuming that Alabama makes the final four again. Strong is back coaching where he belongs. In the "Group of 5". He should do very well because he does not have to face the caliber of opposition that he did while at Texas.
    Wow Im racist? Thats a new one. Nothing you said is valid. You try your best to nitpick at records, having to discuss the last 2 games of each season lol, thats comical, what you cannot erase is the fact that he's gone 8-5 the last 3 years in the SEC with A@M, a school inserted into the most powerful conference in the country not to mention A@M is not supposed to go even 8-5 in the SEC. Every school you named that he has a losing record against are schools that have been better. Who cares about ATS records? REALLY? Mr. Moneyline bettor, yea ok. Strong never had much of a chance because some big power people there never wanted him there in the first place, people like you didnt want him to succeed, go figure. Nobody cares about YOUR projections, saying YOU expect Strong to win at LEAST 12 games in a 12 game regular season is absurd and when it doesnt happen, as it shouldnt, then youll try and nitpick that he didnt reach YOUR projection, which is worthless. You were wrong about Taggart which you, not suprisingly, left out of your mindless rant. You left out Shaw who youve condemned wholeheartedly in the past. Malzahn was just on the hot seat, still is. Sumlin has a much better record and winning percentage in and out of conference than Jones in the SEC, Jones has a losing SEC record, no mention of that from you of course, Sumlin has a winning one. Mullen is coming off a 6-7 season where State went life and death with Miami of Ohio.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Strong never had much of a chance because some big power people there never wanted him there in the first place
    More excuses for black failure.

Strong recruited great classes at Texas. He can't coach a lick. His team losing to freaking Kansas has nothing to do with fans or alumni knowing he's a complete dumbasss who only got the job because he played in a crap league and had an NFL QB at his prior job.

The era for excusing black failure was over when Obama left and Trump is in. If black people suck, if black coaches suck, we are going to say it. No one will be silenced in their criticism of blacks anymore for fear of being labeled a racist, because nobody cares about racism. We care about the truth. And the truth is that black football coaches have been in large part failures, both in the NFL and in college.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

ever heard of Eddie Robinson who coached Grambling?

black coaches - when they have the full opportunities that white coaches have gotten - will get the experience they need to rule college football. it is just a matter of time. the only thing that can stop them is the old boy network that ruled years up til about 15 years ago.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Taggart has turned around two programs and installed offenses that are hard to stop. There's lots of reason to be optimistic at Oregon. He hasn't done it in year one, most people don't, but patience should pay here IMO.

Shaw should not be discredited for winning at an already winning program. He's done great work. He's won with his players as well as Harbaugh's, not to mention the higher academic standards.

And the truth is that black football coaches have been in large part failures, both in the NFL and in college.
    And this is unfortunately true. But not because racist boosters and admins wanted them gone. If you win, only the most dyed-in-the-wool racists are still gonna disapprove. People just want to win.

I'm sure Houston was thrilled with Sumlin, Kent State with Hazell, Buffalo with Gill, etc and were not happy to see them go at the time.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

james franklin is black

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24008

Did we win?

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Strong never had much of a chance because some big power people there never wanted him there in the first place . . . .
    You know who didn't want him there? His players.

Otherwise they wouldn't have lain down and lost to Kansas when they knew Strong's job was on the line.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    black coaches - when they have the full opportunities that white coaches have gotten - will get the experience they need to rule college football. it is just a matter of time. the only thing that can stop them is the old boy network that ruled years up til about 15 years ago.
    Sorry. Just like Blacks, on average, have more of some the qualities that make good football players (especially speed), Whites, on average, have more of some of the abilities that are important for head coaches, especially intelligence and organizational skills.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    james franklin is black
    Yes, and he did a great job at Vandy He seems to be doing well at Penn State, too.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Sorry. Just like Blacks, on average, have more of some the qualities that make good football players (especially speed), Whites, on average, have more of some of the abilities that are important for head coaches, especially intelligence and organizational skills.
    East Asians and east Indians would dominate football coaching if it's intelligence and organizational skills. White ppl sukk at math and science in general. Don't start talking about intelligence w me you fukking white devil phaggit.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17024

Lovie Smith
    Darren Hazell
    Turner Gill
    Derek Mason
    Charlie Strong
    Kevin Sumlin

since we know the average conf record in football is .500, you can compare that to the college conf records of the black coaches you mentioned in this post along with franklin since the penn st guy mentioned him. if you average all their conf win percentages together you get .500 (and some change). with just the guys that you mentioned you get .4989. so the winning statistics of these black coaches are shown to be the same as non-black coaches.

name record win %
    smith 2-7 .222
    hazell 15-28 .348
    gill 35-41 .460
    mason 5-19 .208
    strong 32-24 .571
    sumlin 46-27 .630
    shaw 42-12 .777
    taggart 31-25 .553
    babers 28-11 .717
    franklin 25-24 .510
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jtoler

jtoler

ur an idiot

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on an asian coach?

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    East Asians and east Indians would dominate football coaching if it's intelligence and organizational skills. White ppl sukk at math and science in general. Don't start talking about intelligence w me you fukking white devil phaggit.
    That's just batshit insane. Science and technology are white things. You wouldn't understand.

And you are a crazed racist hater.
    Last edited by M.W.; 07-23-17 at 08:57 PM.

M.W.

Quote Originally Posted by qwertvt View Post
    Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on an asian coach?
    Which Asian coach? Obviously, there could be great Asian coaches, but I can't think of one. Do you have a specific one in mind?

By the way, I got my law degree at UGA.
    Last edited by M.W.; 07-23-17 at 09:13 PM.

M.W.

duplicate

First 12