sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

sandman bowl games thread

posted my plays before kickoff every week since week 2, and i have kept an honest record using only sbrodds. has been a pretty crappy season for me...tho still ahead a little i guess. bowl season is usually where i do best...as most others do i am sure. 117-102-2 and +10.2 this season, after taking a nosedive from +49 units a couple of weeks ago...lol. i actually took that money i was ahead to use in bball, where i have made over 20 units on it so far...but it still feels like i am behind. won't be right on a lot of these of course...but they are what i will be betting. i always welcome opinion and talk about the games...but i have used my own system and style for almost 20 years now, and will never change my mind because someone else feels different about it.

added this play in my last thread for this weekend...

army under 56.5 ****
    posted in the game thread for this one. not much thought as to the play if you use numbers to bet. was thinking navy as well, but i will just go bigger on the play i feel is best...under.

and from there i will start today on the bowl games, in order mostly, spreads and totals, and whatever units i like them for. play them, fade them, or ignore them completely...your money. gl all this year.

sandman0713

wyoming +7.5 **
    i find this bowl to be fairly interesting, mainly because i have had such a hard time deciding who i liked. i was leaning wyoming...and the chart i posted with the conference records sealed it for me. wyoming o is really balanced, and have shown they can score against fairly tough d's. the temple d numbers look good...but their pass d has been exposed by several teams in conference. the temple o has looked really pathetic several times this year...and many of us have lost money multiple times on this team. they should score on a fairly weak wyoming d, if they decide to show up. i just have a hard time finding anything to point either way...other than my opinion wyoming can keep up in a 31-28 type game, and a td+ is too much. like the over and the dog.

over 47.5 **

i will have better thoughts and present a better case for most games...lol. this is just one that i have no feel on really...and making kind of a guess based on nothing.

sandman0713

sdsu -4.5 ***
    comes down to d for me...and run d mainly. i have seen the ull d, and they are not stopping the sdsu running game here. this is just one of those kind of games i look for and love to find all year. one team has trouble running on everyone really, up against a pretty sturdy run d. one team who has been very good running the football, against a very bad run d. sdsu should control this game imo on both sides. i am thinking a fairly big sdsu win here, focusing on the terrible ull run d and exploiting it...38-17 sdsu.

under 60 **

sandman0713

utah state -3 **
    fact that mac is 4-17 su in bowl games over 5 years makes it very hard for me to take a mac team +3...lol. i feel utah state has played a tough schedule...and ran the ball well on some good teams. the d is bad...leading me to the over...but i just think utah state is better all the way around in this game. these early games are very hard to get a handle on...lol. i run every game thru a quick system i use, and usually come up with something pretty close to what vegas has it set at...and then you must guess what will happen between 2 teams that have never met. i like utah state in a high scoring game...41-28.

over 57.5 **

sandman0713

marshall +4.5 ***
    like marshall to win this game. when i first looked at the line i almost just posted fiu without even looking deeper. marshall actually a solid team tho...as far as being compared to fiu and other sun belt teams i mean. losses against w virginia, ohio, va tech, ucf, houston, and tulsa...so it is not like they lost to scrubs. fiu losses coming to duke and laffy and ark state and w kentucky...and just sliding by most of the sun belt schedule in close games. i know the marshall d has been bad...but will it be bad against a sun belt team who averages 26 against a pretty weak schedule? i just feel upset here. i think marshall moves the ball and scores 28+...like 31-27 marshall.

over 49 **

sandman0713

tcu -10.5 **
    this is where you have to decide if a team that feels they should be in a bcs game will be excited for a bs bowl instead. i think with tcu moving to the big 12, they will be looking to make a statement. la tech d has been very good this year...but tcu has proven they can score on good d. the talent edge is clearly held by tcu, and 10.5 is covered imo if they show up to play. la tech d scored on plenty, so i like the over...38-24 tcu.

over 56 **

sandman0713

boise -14 **
    this is a zona state team that has been getting hammered on d by some bad pac-12 teams. a boise team that is giving up a little over 200 per game on d since the loss, while gaining over 500. pissed off boise team, fueled by a pissed off coach, adds to the bad year for asu. 58-17.

over 66.5 ***
    and i feel boise will get close to the over with no help.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    posted my plays before kickoff every week since week 2, and i have kept an honest record using only sbrodds. has been a pretty crappy season for me...tho still ahead a little i guess. bowl season is usually where i do best...as most others do i am sure. 117-102-2 and +10.2 this season, after taking a nosedive from +49 units a couple of weeks ago...lol. i actually took that money i was ahead to use in bball, where i have made over 20 units on it so far...but it still feels like i am behind. won't be right on a lot of these of course...but they are what i will be betting. i always welcome opinion and talk about the games...but i have used my own system and style for almost 20 years now, and will never change my mind because someone else feels different about it.

added this play in my last thread for this weekend...

army under 56.5 ****
    posted in the game thread for this one. not much thought as to the play if you use numbers to bet. was thinking navy as well, but i will just go bigger on the play i feel is best...under.

and from there i will start today on the bowl games, in order mostly, spreads and totals, and whatever units i like them for. play them, fade them, or ignore them completely...your money. gl all this year.

118-102-2 and +13.8 units headed into bowl season. bothers the &%^$ outta me that i dropped like 40 units in the last few weeks...but this helps to get it headed back that way...and basketball is helping as well. just got caught up and started chasing each week...and i never do that. anyways...time to move on and take it back. gl all with bowls...will get the rest done next week.

sandman0713

gonna go ahead and knock a few more out here. some of these totals are hard to call, not really knowing the weather. i am just going with what the numbers say tho, and i am not gonna worry about it. seems my first thought and early bets have been very good this year, and added games and changes to my card have been off. just gonna call each game, and then i will bet according to this.

n carolina +4.5 ***
    mizzou running game not the same without josey, and the nc run d very good. also like the nc passing game, and the mizzou pass d is awful. i think this is one of those games that exposes one team on both sides of the ball...mizzou. think the total is close, but i lean over with the mizzou d being exposed.

over 53 **

louisville +3 **
    would bet another unit, but the line moving the other way bothers me. nc state seems to have trouble scoring on good d, and louisville is playing very well down the stretch. i think the under is where it is at, if you look at nc state against good d's.

under 44.5 ***

w mich +1.5 **
    i really like this team to win here. i don't think it is the high scoring game most think it will be tho. purdue will focus on running against the weaker w mich run d, like they did against indiana. w mich like 31-28...something real close to the total.

under 60*

toledo -3 **
    man i wanted to take air force here...lol. i like numbers tho, granted it is hard to put a lot of value in the toledo run d numbers here. i think toledo can run the ball here and spread out the air force d...and that is when the toledo o is best. they thrive on screens, quick-hit passes, and draws...don't think af is fast enough to slow it down. i think af scores very easily as well...and i love the over.

toledo over 70.5 ***

cal +3 ***
    texas has let me down time and time again this year. i actually heard one of the espn guys say he expected them to show some pride in this bowl game and handle cal...lol. i remember saying they would show some pride against baylor, and a few other times this year...never happened. slight advantage to texas as far as the d's...tho i like the cal run d, and that should be all they need in this game. the cal o trumps the horns o for sure. they have a couple of nfl type wrs who can make big plays at anytime, and i really like the rb. qb has been playing better late in the year. playmakers...which texas doesn't have.

cal under 48 ***

n dame +3 ***
    just feeling n dame here...tho the numbers and most i know say otherwise. i think they need this game badly...and that is often a huge factor in bowl games. think the total is a flip at best...but i will go over.

over 47 *

washington +9 ***
    one of my fav's as far as watching. people forget how bad the baylor pass d is, and they assume baylor dominates. i don't think either d has a chance...and i LOVE the over. 9 is too many here tho. washington will have no more trouble than baylor will scoring here...52-48 type game, and i don't know who wins it.

washington over 79 ****

will do some more later. i want to finish this week when there is little else to worry about looking at. will have to go back and see which ones i missed. i know there is a so miss game in there that sbr doesn't have a line on...and maybe more. haven't got my sheet yet, so i haven't given much attention to anything but the sbrodds.

sandman0713

iowa state +2 ***
    really like the way this team looks late in the year. i think they will be overlooked by many, based on what they have been in past seasons. the more complete team in this game, that is playing real well down the stretch and is actually excited to be in this game. tough game that looks something like 21-17 imo.

under 45 *

miss state -6.5 ****
    i just see it as a lopsided game. you can look at whatever you want...but watching both teams myself several times this year wins out for me. i think both teams score some as well...41-24

over 47.5 **

oklahoma -14 ****
    anyone who looks at my posts each week knows i take the sooners after a loss...auto-play. plenty of time to work in the new wrs, and kind of just relax and focus on moving foward. iowa pass d sucks...ou team that got humiliated last time out...young future stars getting a shot in this game...55-23

over 57.5 ***

tulsa +2.5 **
    you have to try to figure out if byu wants to play in a game this year before betting on them...at least that has been my experience. not even gonna try to guess. i will take the healthy team i know i will at least get an honest effort from. byu has beaten some real terrible teams down the stretch, making people forget how crappy they looked against good teams earlier this season. really close to the total...but over since i like tulsa to score.

over 56 *

takes it to the 31st. gonna slow down there, because i have a couple i am unsure of still. units per game will get bigger...and i need to spend a little more time.

sandman0713

ok...back to the so miss game...

so miss -5.5 ***
    really like the so miss run d against nevada. i think that is the most important thing to compare here, as nevada needs to run it to move it against this d. super square play, and the line is moving the other way...lol. gotta take it tho. don't think either of these d's get enough respect for how good they are...and i like the under for that reason.

under 61.5 ***

cinci +3 **
    i will admit i was completely unable to get a feel for this game. in the end there were a couple of trends i liked, and the cinci d that i ended up biting on. i never play trends...but when there is nothing else you like about a game...lol. everybody i have seen picks from likes vandi here, and most of the money is on them, and the espn guys are telling everyone how this is the easiest bowl game. just have a feeling a lot of people get spanked here.

under 48 **

utah +3 ***
    tell me i'm crazy...lol. i love teams getting a few weeks to get ready for this o. i don't have the numbers in front of me for the option against more than a week to get ready...but i know it is ugly from earlier games i have capped. utah has a solid d...and a really solid run d...and they have plenty of time to get ready. ugle game...like 21-17 utah

under 51 **

texas a+m -10 ****
    i know people are big on nwestern, but i really like a+m here. the losses down the stretch were more about turnovers than anything else. after losing 4 of 5...i think they will be excited about the new coach and the move to the sec, and looking to play. i really don't think nwestern can score enough on the aggie d to keep up. call me a dumbass or whatever...lol.

over 64.5 ***

virginia +1 *****
    auburn run d sucks...and the virginia o is actually very good when they can run the ball and be balanced. auburn has been blasted by pretty much every team on their schedule with a balanced attack. the exception is so carolina...and that team is completely different from week to week. these guys look worse to me this year than some of the mac teams in bowls...and i think they get spanked.

over 48 ****
    just because i think the auburn d gets blasted.

ucla +2 *
    wouldn't even want to watch this game...lol. ucla a bowl team with a losing record, illinois getting dropped by everyone down the stretch. comes down to the illinois run d sucking...tho their pass d is solid. this plays right into what ucla likes to do...run the ball. the ucla d is not so bad either this year against bland o's like this. i will take the points...but does anyone really care who wins this? take the under and go to sleep.

under 47 *****

houston -5.5 ****
    one of the most interesting game for most people. not for me tho, because i already know what's gonna happen...lol. penn state has proven they are not scoring more than 20 on pretty much anyone...and the houston d is actually underrated. i honestly can't see them scoring over 24 on this d...and that is giving them credit above what their season scoring average shows, and the scoring average of the houston d. if you think houston can drop 30 points on the penn state d then you have to take houston here. this houston o is unlike anything psu has seen this year, and we will get to see how fast they get side to side...not very imo.

over 56.5 **

michigan state +3.5 *
    don't know who is gonna win...so i will take the points. love both d's to dominate this game...meaning a huge total bet, and a who cares on the spread.

under 50 ****

florida -2.5 **
    over 44 **

nebraska +3 **
    under 47 **

like 7 more games to go. may go ahead tomm with the pitt game and the cotton bowl. gonna take a little time on the bcs games, and i may even wait til after some of the bowls are played. i plan on unloading on a couple if i am up some.

sandman0713

as a matter of fact, i will just go ahead and post all of it...other than the bcs games. i already know who i am taking in the last few games, and would just be looking for a few meaningless things to write under each. all non bcs games...

wyoming +7.5 vs temple **
    over 47.5 **

sdsu -4.5 vs laffy ***
    under 60 **

utah state -3 vs ohio **
    over 57.5 **

marshall +4.5 vs fiu ***
    over 49 **

tcu -10.5 vs la tech **
    over 56 **

boise -14 vs zona st **
    over 66.5 ***

so miss -5.5 vs nevada ***
    under 61.5 ***

n carolina +4.5 vs mizzou ***
    over 53 **

louisville +3 vs nc state **
    under 44.5 ***

w mich +1.5 vs purdue **
    under 60 *

toledo -3 vs air force **
    over 70.5 ***

cal +3 vs texas ***
    under 48 ***

n dame +3 vs fsu ***
    over 47 *

washington +9 vs baylor ***
    over 79 ****

iowa state +2 vs rutgers ***
    under 45 *

miss state -6.5 vs wake ****
    over 47.5 **

oklahoma -14 vs iowa ****
    over 57.5 ***

tulsa +2.5 vs byu **
    over 56 *

cinci +3 vs vandi **
    under 48 **

utah +3 vs ga tech ***
    under 51 **

a+m -10 vs nwestern ****
    over 64.5 ***

virginia +1 vs auburn *****
    over 48 ****

ucla +2 vs illinois *
    under 47 *****

houston -5.5 vs penn state ****
    over 56.5 **

mich state +3.5 vs georgia *
    under 50 ****

florida -2.5 vs ohio state **
    over 44 **

nebraska +3 vs so carolina **
    under 47 **

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 **

there...all 30 non-bcs bowls. like i said...not always right. i have kept an honest record this year...always based on the sbrodds at the time i post. not my greatest year, but still winning money. gl all with the bowls. i am sure many disagree with me on many of these...but we all have our own opinions and reasoning for liking who we like...and in the end it is our own money on the line. back with the bcs bowls later. til then...take care everyone.

sandman0713

saturday card...

ncaa fball...118-102-2 and +13.8

wyoming +7.5 vs temple **
    over 47.5 **

sdsu -4.5 vs laffy ***
    under 60 **

utah state -3 vs ohio **
    over 57.5 **

adding utah state -1.5 ***

hoops...71-64-3 and +26.9

detroit over 146.5 ***
    kansas state +1 ****
    oklahoma state ***
    oklahoma state under 127.5 ***
    w kentucky -2.5 ****

gl guys.

sandman0713

119-108-2 and +1.6 after a 1-6 start to bowl season...wow. said it was tough to cap these first few games, as there was really nothing to go on...and i guess i was right...lol. glad to lose my under on the last play in the laffy game tho...and i was rooting for them to make that kick. one thing i dislike more than losing is a dirty ref costing some kids a game they deserved to win...laffy deserved to win that game. i will come back and make money this bowl season i am almost cetain...so no big deal. rough day tho.

basketball plays i posted were 3-2...bringing my total to 74-66-3 and +29 units this year. may be the first season i make more in bball than football...ever i think...lol. gl the rest of the way everyone.

sandman0713

bumping it up a little...

marshall +4.5 vs fiu ***
    over 49 **

adding marshall +4 **
    over 48 **

bball...

n'eastern -1 ***
    bradley -6.5 ***
    troy -6.5 ***
    so utah under 148.5 ***

sandman0713

today...

tcu -10.5 vs la tech **
    over 56 ***...adding 1 unit
    tcu -9.5 **...added

hoops...

texas +12 ***
    texas under 154.5 ***
    okstate +8 **
    okstate under 121.5 ***

sandman0713

121-113-2 and -4.9 now after 0-3. posting the bcs games and all right here in this post, and not adding anymore. gl with the rest of the bowls guys. bball going well, so i can't really afford to keep adding to these bowl bets i seem to lose every night...lol.

boise -14 vs zona st **
    over 66.5 ***

so miss -5.5 vs nevada ***
    under 61.5 ***

n carolina +4.5 vs mizzou ***
    over 53 **

louisville +3 vs nc state **
    under 44.5 ***

w mich +1.5 vs purdue **
    under 60 *

toledo -3 vs air force **
    over 70.5 ***

cal +3 vs texas ***
    under 48 ***

n dame +3 vs fsu ***
    over 47 *

over 79 ****

under 45 *

over 47.5 **

over 57.5 ***

tulsa +2.5 vs byu **
    over 56 *

cinci +3 vs vandi **
    under 48 **

utah +3 vs ga tech ***
    under 51 **

a+m -10 vs nwestern ****
    over 64.5 ***

over 48 ****

ucla +2 vs illinois *
    under 47 *****

over 56.5 **

under 50 ****

over 44 **

under 47 **

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 **

oregon -6 ****
    under 71.5 ***

okstate -3.5 ***
    over 74 *****

va tech +2.5 ***
    under 51 ***

w virginia +3 **
    over 60.5 ***

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****

gl guys the rest of the way. talk to you all next year as far as football goes...so take care.

sandman0713

changing my play on the texas game...and i will prolly wish i hadn't...lol. more i have looked at it tho the more i like texas and all the speed and all the athletes against cal. tonight will look like this then...as i will take the cal bet as a loss.

toledo -3 **
    toledo over 70.5 ***
    cal +3 ***
    texas -3 *******
    texas under 48 ***

bball...

okstate -4.5 ***
    louisville -5 ***
    toledo +8.5 ***
    mizzou state +10 ****

rest of bowls...

n dame +3 vs fsu ***
    over 47 *

over 79 ****

under 45 *

over 47.5 **

over 57.5 ***

tulsa +2.5 vs byu **
    over 56 *

cinci +3 vs vandi **
    under 48 **

utah +3 vs ga tech ***
    under 51 **

a+m -10 vs nwestern ****
    over 64.5 ***

over 48 ****

ucla +2 vs illinois *
    under 47 *****

over 56.5 **

under 50 ****

over 44 **

under 47 **

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 **

oregon -6 ****
    under 71.5 ***

okstate -3.5 ***
    over 74 *****

va tech +2.5 ***
    under 51 ***

w virginia +3 **
    over 60.5 ***

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    changing my play on the texas game...and i will prolly wish i hadn't...lol. more i have looked at it tho the more i like texas and all the speed and all the athletes against cal. tonight will look like this then...as i will take the cal bet as a loss.

toledo -3 **
    toledo over 70.5 ***
    cal +3 ***
    texas -3 *******
    texas under 48 ***

bball...

okstate -4.5 ***
    louisville -5 ***
    toledo +8.5 ***
    mizzou state +10 ****

rest of bowls...

n dame +3 vs fsu ***
    over 47 *

over 79 ****

under 45 *

over 47.5 **

over 57.5 ***

tulsa +2.5 vs byu **
    over 56 *

cinci +3 vs vandi **
    under 48 **

utah +3 vs ga tech ***
    under 51 **

a+m -10 vs nwestern ****
    over 64.5 ***

over 48 ****

ucla +2 vs illinois *
    under 47 *****

over 56.5 **

under 50 ****

over 44 **

under 47 **

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 **

oregon -6 ****
    under 71.5 ***

okstate -3.5 ***
    over 74 *****

va tech +2.5 ***
    under 51 ***

w virginia +3 **
    over 60.5 ***

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****

ok...128-120-2 and +2.5 after a 3-2 night. getting into the games i really like now so i am hoping to get it going the right direction. got spanked on the first part of the bowl games...but it is hard picking sides and totals on crap games nobody cares about, including me...lol. good night in bball as well. gl all from here on out.

sandman0713

oh yeah...hope everyone had a great Christmas. i spent time with family i hadn't seen much...away from this computer and out and about. anyways...hope all is well.

sandman0713

terrible bowl season for me, and one of my worst overall years doing this. 142-140-3 and -9.8 units now for the year. only six games left, and i need to at least get ahead for the season...so i am changing it up a little. call it chasing or whatever...doesn't matter.

va tech +3.5 ***
    under 51 ***

adding va tech +135 **

w virginia +3 **
    over 60.5 ***

adding w virginia +135 **

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

adding over 47 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 ***...added 1 unit

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****

hopefully i can get ahead with a little added action. gl all the rest of the bowls. hope everyone is doing much better than me...lol. sucked for betting, but a really exciting bowl season with a lot of close and entertaining games...and some really interesting storylines. all these people crying and posting threads calling kids and coaches losers every night...consider betting less next year, or not at all. if it is to the point where your action on a game takes all the fun out of football...you got problems. down 9 units here, but i have even changed sides during some of these games and rooted against my money...just because of a great story or a player or team i felt deserved the win. anyways...take care guys, and enjoy the rest of the games.

sandman0713

147-141-3 and +.8 for the year i am thinking...lol. at least back to the + side i guess. gl all from here on out.

kansas state +7.5 ****
    under 62.5 ***

smu +4 **
    over 48 **

adding over 47 **

arkansas state -1.5 ***
    over 63 ***...added 1 unit

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****

sandman0713

adding lsu +2.5 for 5 more units. this is it for me...been the weakest year i have had by far since i started doing this. i think about halfway thru the season i got caught up in posting here...and by that i mean i starting feeling like i needed to have an opinion on every game. i would read what someone wrote about a game, and then i would go do a quick cap to see if i agreed...and then i would end up betting it. stuff like that snowballed until i ended up on a ton of games each weekend. the ones i liked in the first place and actually capped properly would win, while the added "action" games buried me each week. i never really knew much about chasing until this season, because i am usually not behind...lol. i learned all about that and got caught up in that as well. pretty much all i am saying is that i sucked this year. not the fault of anyone but me...but i have been doing this long enough to understand where my mistakes were. just like picking the total and spread for every bowl game...of course i am gonna get blasted, but i did it anyways. i am sure anyone who has gotten caught up in this for a minute or two understands what i am saying. i need lsu and the under just to put me ahead for this miserable season. then i need to go about changing this pattern i have fallen into for the rest of basketball season. this was the play i liked best in the entire bowl season...and i know i haven't lost many of my 5 unit plays this year. i wish i hadn't even bet the total and had instead just put it all on the spread. anyways...gl all tonight. hope everyone had a better season than i did. card tonight...

lsu +1 *****
    under 40 *****
    lsu +2.5 *****

hoops...

okstate -2.5 ***
    over 130.5 ****