bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

2006 California Football Breakdown

coach Telford has a very talented team this year to work with. the bears do have alot of talent returning this season, including 8 starters on the offense and 7 rerturning starters comming back on the defense.

the bears were ranked 26th in the nation in total offense this year, but QB nate longshore and RB marshawn lynch could have a tough time this year if the rebuilt offensive line doesn't live up the expectations.

on the defensive side of the ball the bears have does have a very good returning squad anchored by biship and mebane

heres there schedule:

Sat 09/02/06 Tennessee Knoxville, Tenn.
    Sat 09/09/06 Minnesota Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 09/16/06 Portland State Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 09/23/06 Arizona State Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 09/30/06 Oregon State Corvallis, Ore.
    Sat 10/07/06 Oregon Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 10/14/06 Washington State Pullman,
    Sat 10/21/06 Washington Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 11/04/06 UCLA Berkeley, Calif.
    Sat 11/11/06 Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
    Sat 11/18/06 USC Los Angeles, Calif.
    Sat 12/02/06 Stanford Berkeley, Calif.
    my projection for the bears this year is 9-3

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cal QB Levy reinstated to team:

BERKELEY, Calif. (AP) -California quarterback Steve Levy was reinstated to the team Thursday, one day after pleading no contest to a misdemeanor for his involvement in a bar fight in June.

Levy will be able to practice with the team when camp opens Sunday but remains suspended for the season opener at Tennessee on Sept. 2.

Levy, a senior who led the Golden Bears to season-ending wins over Stanford and Brigham Young last season, had faced felony assault charges stemming from the fight, in which he allegedly threw a pint glass at a bouncer's face after getting into an argument with another patron at a pub in San Francisco.

Under terms of his plea, Levy has three years of probation and must perform 100 hours of community service.

``I have learned from the experience,'' Levy said in a statement released by the school. ``I just want to put this behind me and move on with my life and do anything I can to help the 2006 Bears.''

Levy is expected to be a third-stringer behind Nate Longshore and Joe Ayoob this season

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Levy's the best QB they have...Ayoob is terrible...

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

For what it's worth, I really like Cal this year to win the PAC 10. If they come away with a W in Knoxville, look out.

E