LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Alabama didn't lose to Iowa state - thats the bottom line

Neither Lsu or OSU has a legitimate complaint about the Alabama Lsu Rematch.

Strength of Schedule yes bama played Georgia southern and Kent State , but they didnt lose as OSU did to Iowa State .

Lsu - claimed a shared national Championship with two losses in which came in over time
    so its very fitting that Alabama not count their over time loss against them either , as LSu did not in 2004 .

as far as Houston fans - they were exposed also yesterday - Exactly why Boise state doesnt move they would rather whine about not playing in the Bcs game rather than getting too and getting stomped -

Houston loss yesterday cost the Usa conference over 17 million -

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

No doubt OSU had a tougher schedule. I think after all is said and done, whomever is ranked 1 and 2 tonight should play for the national title.

I am more interested in how much it cost the usa conference to not be eligible for the sugar bowl, in which they(houston) were projected to go. Do you know exactly how much houston would have gotten and how much would be distributed throughout the conference, etc?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    Neither Lsu or OSU has a legitimate complaint about the Alabama Lsu Rematch. Strength of Schedule yes bama played Georgia southern and Kent State , but they didnt lose as OSU did to Iowa State . Lsu - claimed a shared national Championship with two losses in which came in over time so its very fitting that Alabama not count their over time loss against them either , as LSu did not in 2004
    Actually it was 2007 and LSU lost in overtime to Kentucky.

So we don't hold it against an SEC team for losing in overtime to Kentucky but we hold it against a Big 12 team for losing in overtime against Iowa State?

Since when is a loss more important than wins and conference titles?

Bama's argument revolves around a game in which they lost. OSU's revolves around winning the Big 12 and beating 7 teams with a winning record.

Even the lower tier teams OSU beat were better than the crap Bama played OOC. Tulsa and La. Lafayette were both 8-4 and they both blew out the teams Bama played which were 5-7 Kent State and 5-7 North Texas.

Yes, lets reward Bama for only beating 3 teams with a winning record and not even winning their division.

Why should LSU have to beat Alabama again when they already beat Bama, won their division, and won their conference? LSU should just decline the invite and claim a title if Bama gets in.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MTek

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

OSU deserves it as much as anyone. Yeah they lost to Iowa St. but it was under special circumstances and although im the first to say that you can't make excuses i think they proved it last night that they deserve that #2 stop.

If Bama makes the championship game I wouldn't be mad, but i rather see a different game.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I guess we should take away LSU's title in 2004 since they lost to a .500 conference opponent at home.

By the OP logic, Houston should be playing in the title game had they gone undefeated.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

maybe they didn't lose to Iowa St, but they did lose at home. Maybe the rematch will produce 6 field goals this time.

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

107th ranked defense Oklahoma has and almost losing to tex a&m, kansas state, and losing to Iowa State doesnt help... Alabama blew out every team they played with exception of LSU which they will do in title game. TWO best teams in country...PERIOD, not about who wins conferences

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Quote Originally Posted by jjax107 View Post
    107th ranked defense Oklahoma has and almost losing to tex a&m, kansas state, and losing to Iowa State doesnt help... Alabama blew out every team they played with exception of LSU which they will do in title game. TWO best teams in country...PERIOD, not about who wins conferences
    I am not sure they will blow them out , but bama will have more of a sting from the loss
    Alabama and the fans knew they would not go tot the title game after losing , that was accepted
    even when oregon had one loss , and stanford was undefeated they knew they would get jumped - however I do think they over looked osu handing them a loss to Oklahoma - but never did they figure on oregon and oklahoma having 2 or more losses
    I do know their was no way to let stanford play after oregon handed them their beat down and I believe Alabama losing in the over time was the key here -
    OSU needs to blame themselves , if they feel cheated in anyway , they are pointing the finger in the wrong place .
    the line already on this game Bama /LSU proves the correct 2 teams were chosen - real surprised OSU is favored in theri game against Stanford and by 3.5

jjax107
    jjax107's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Quote Originally Posted by LINE-crush-ER View Post
    I am not sure they will blow them out , but bama will have more of a sting from the loss
    Alabama and the fans knew they would not go tot the title game after losing , that was accepted
    even when oregon had one loss , and stanford was undefeated they knew they would get jumped - however I do think they over looked osu handing them a loss to Oklahoma - but never did they figure on oregon and oklahoma having 2 or more losses
    I do know their was no way to let stanford play after oregon handed them their beat down and I believe Alabama losing in the over time was the key here -
    OSU needs to blame themselves , if they feel cheated in anyway , they are pointing the finger in the wrong place .
    the line already on this game Bama /LSU proves the correct 2 teams were chosen - real surprised OSU is favored in theri game against Stanford and by 3.5
    exactly. Oklahoma losing to Baylor also hurt Oklahoma State in the last game. I agree the Fiesta Bowl will be a good game.