sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

sandman week 14 and bowl games

will use this thread for championship week and the bowl games. glad the full slate of games each saturday are over, as this way i can focus on fewer games. need to change the way i am doing things a little...getting kicked these last couple of weeks. down from like 49 units just a couple of weeks ago to like 8...each unit is $20, so you can do the math...lol. need to get on a good roll with this last week and the bowl games. 112-96-2 and +8.3 units for the year, after getting spanked again yesterday. gl all this week...and gl with the bowl games.

sandman0713

w virginia -1.5 ***
    i guess you can try to be smart and take so florida to fade the "public"...but w virginia is what the numbers say. wv d playing much better since big east play started, and i really see no way the bulls can keep up. i will just take the loss if that is what it is...no way i could put money on so florida here.

oregon -32 **
    hate laying these points...but i have to. i was actually going to bet ucla unitl i looked closer. line is so high for 2 reasons...

1. ucla is awful on the road. i played with the numbers from only the road games and it was what convinced me to take oregon. maybe the toughest place to play in the pac 12...and a team that is terrible on the road.
    2. the run game is where it's at as far as ucla goes. by looking at the numbers you see they need to rush for over 200 yards...or else they lose. just one of those teams that implodes without the running game...qb starts making mistakes and the d gives up. oregon run d is very stout, and ucla will not run for 200+ this week.

hate laying that much chalk, but i gotta do it.

ohio +4 ***
    don't like to go against harnish, but i must. game comes down to d and coaching for me...both clearly go to ohio here. 2 balanced o's that are a wash from what i can see...but the ohio d is the difference.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've won a couple times recently with WVU and let me tell you, watching those games was excruciating. They insist on digging themselves into a hole early with mistakes on the field and have real trouble running the ball. Dana Holgerson is getting balder by the day as he rips his hair out watching them play.

I really like USF here to win the game (assuming BJ Daniels plays) and I expect Geno Smith to get sacked no less than 4 times when USF turns loose their very aggressive pass rush. I also suspect that there could be a little bit of FU in order from the Big East officiating crew to the WVU team that's walking out on the conference.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    I've won a couple times recently with WVU and let me tell you, watching those games was excruciating. They insist on digging themselves into a hole early with mistakes on the field and have real trouble running the ball. Dana Holgerson is getting balder by the day as he rips his hair out watching them play.

I really like USF here to win the game (assuming BJ Daniels plays) and I expect Geno Smith to get sacked no less than 4 times when USF turns loose their very aggressive pass rush. I also suspect that there could be a little bit of FU in order from the Big East officiating crew to the WVU team that's walking out on the conference.
    you may be right man...and i know what you mean as i have had to sit thru a couple of wv games with money riding...lol. i just couldn't bring myself to bet on so florida here. i will prolly offset it with a total play before thursday to protect myself in case of a hosejob by the big east ref's. wv d has been really solid lately, so i would guess any str8 up win by so florida would have to be under a reasonable total. prolly add that for 3 units as well.

sandman0713

adding 2 totals to the weeknight games, so it looks like this...

w virginia -1.5 ***
    under 55 ***

oregon -32 **
    over 65 ***

ohio +4 ***

also...

okstate under 74 ****
    weather here is calling for 70% rain in the 1st half, and 80% in the 2nd half...temps near freezing as it gets dark, and kind of windy. may be a sloppy game and a slow track. i also expect neither team to be able to run the ball much, and this may slow down the scoring a bit. hearing on the news here that blackmon is being accused of selling his autograph...tho i didn't hear all of it. googled it, but nothing yet. if it blows up and he can't play, or if he is focused on this bs...under it will be.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    adding 2 totals to the weeknight games, so it looks like this...

w virginia -1.5 ***
    under 55 ***

oregon -32 **
    over 65 ***

ohio +4 ***

also...

okstate under 74 ****
    weather here is calling for 70% rain in the 1st half, and 80% in the 2nd half...temps near freezing as it gets dark, and kind of windy. may be a sloppy game and a slow track. i also expect neither team to be able to run the ball much, and this may slow down the scoring a bit. hearing on the news here that blackmon is being accused of selling his autograph...tho i didn't hear all of it. googled it, but nothing yet. if it blows up and he can't play, or if he is focused on this bs...under it will be.
    What a convenient time for a scandal to break...

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    What a convenient time for a scandal to break...
    right...lol.
    Last edited by sandman0713; 11-29-11 at 12:45 AM.

sandman0713

iowa state +11 ***
    none of the players on this team have lost to ksu by this margin...and they have beat them once. just a solid iowa state team that has been together for a while. balanced o with a solid running game, and that will serve them well here. weather calling for freezing rain friday night...rain all day saturday and a high of 41...and snow saturday night. we don't know for certain until it gets closer, but you could see snow saturday. certain tho...it will be wet and very cold. very low scoring game imo...and 10 points by iowa state should do it as far as the +11.

sandman0713

texas +3 ****
    i really like this game. texas d has been playing incredible as of late. take out the ou\osu games and the 25 to a+m last week was the most given up by this d all year...and it would be like 2tds per game they give up. i take out the oklahoma schools because nobody has stopped ostate...and at that time when ou played texas it was a completely different ou o just as good as ostate. anyways my point is...baylor doesn't have the balance or the stregnth up front to even be able to run for the 104 yards the aggies did on texas. they will be passing into a very solid secondary that knows the pass is coming. i think the 25 a+m scored is at the very top of the likely baylor scores here...honestly. i also feel the texas o will be better...and not just because the baylor d is so terrible. the mccoy run was one of those things that brings a team together...and i feel it will put a team that has been split between 2 qbs almost all year completely behind that kid. i strongly dislike the horns...but if i had watched that replay of my qb making that run and fighting that way, i would have been proud to go to war with him the next week. may sound goofy, but this is the kind of thing that brings an o together...and there is no question at all about the talent level of this o imo. baylor also beat the horns last year for the first time in a gazillion years, and i really love texas to show some pride here. only 4 units because i will pound the ml for another 2 or 3 when it comes out.

sandman0713

georgia +14 ***
    i will have to jump on and take all the free points with georgia. georgia d has been really tough as well this year, and i just see a really tough game. i do think lsu wins, but 14 just too many in the sec championship game. 23-14 lsu.

sandman0713

new mexico +51 **
    wow...i can't remember the last time i saw a 51 point spread with 2 d-1 schools playing. i am sure there have been...maybe this year even...but none come to mind. i will have to bite here. i mean isn't the weather posed to be bad? oh well...i have to do it.

i will leave it at this and just see how it goes. i have leans in the later games saturday, and plenty of time to look at them. if it goes ok i will likely add those games saturday. in my almost 20 years experience...a saturday where i am on 4 dogs and an under is a good thing. not one where you search out 4 dogs and an under...but a day where you honestly just like all dogs. just almost always turns out well. gl all this weekend.

sandman0713

w virginia -1.5 ***
    under 55 ***

oregon -32 **
    over 65 ***

ohio +4 ***

okstate under 74 ****
    texas +3 ****
    iowa state +11 ***
    georgia +14 ***
    new mexico +51 **

Golden Palomino
    Golden Palomino's Avatar Become A Pro!

For what it's worth

I'd like to jump in here on these picks (just the line, not the totals):

w virginia -1.5 ***
    I agree with SuicideKings: WV makes you sweat til the buzzer. The Louisville game should have been a loss, and then Syracuse demolished them. You never know what you're gonna get - I'd stay away from the play.

oregon -32 **
    Aside from the fact that Oregon is insanely good at home, combined with how dreadful UCLA is on the road, you have to figure the following things:
    1. UCLA has nothing to play for except for their lame-duck coach, and it won't be enough to inspire them
    2. Oregon needs to lay a total beatdown in this game for style points.
    3. Oregon jumps on your early: UCLA won't be able to control the pace and run after the 1st half.
    Oregon ALL DAY

okstate under 74 ****
    I like taking the -3.5 a lot better; OK State is coming off of a bye with an outside shot at the BCS title game. As for the Blackmon controversy, that kind of off the field antics didn't hurt Newton in a big game last year. OK State has the best player on the field, and a QB who needs a redeeming performance.

texas +3 ****
    I would go the other way for this reason alone: This is Griffin's showcase game for the Heisman. I know Texas's D has been inconsistent, but I see this as the game where Baylor is gunning for 60 minutes to get their guy noticed even more than he currently is.

iowa state +11 ***
    Kansas State is a fraud, and as you mentioned, the weather will be a huge factor. Neither team runs particularly well, so the +11 (and under 54) look like safe plays

georgia +14 ***
    I only have one comment: HAVE YOU SEEN LSU PLAY THIS YEAR?!?!? -14 is a gift for the Tigers.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Palomino View Post
    I'd like to jump in here on these picks (just the line, not the totals):

w virginia -1.5 ***
    I agree with SuicideKings: WV makes you sweat til the buzzer. The Louisville game should have been a loss, and then Syracuse demolished them. You never know what you're gonna get - I'd stay away from the play.

oregon -32 **
    Aside from the fact that Oregon is insanely good at home, combined with how dreadful UCLA is on the road, you have to figure the following things:
    1. UCLA has nothing to play for except for their lame-duck coach, and it won't be enough to inspire them
    2. Oregon needs to lay a total beatdown in this game for style points.
    3. Oregon jumps on your early: UCLA won't be able to control the pace and run after the 1st half.
    Oregon ALL DAY

okstate under 74 ****
    I like taking the -3.5 a lot better; OK State is coming off of a bye with an outside shot at the BCS title game. As for the Blackmon controversy, that kind of off the field antics didn't hurt Newton in a big game last year. OK State has the best player on the field, and a QB who needs a redeeming performance.

texas +3 ****
    I would go the other way for this reason alone: This is Griffin's showcase game for the Heisman. I know Texas's D has been inconsistent, but I see this as the game where Baylor is gunning for 60 minutes to get their guy noticed even more than he currently is.

iowa state +11 ***
    Kansas State is a fraud, and as you mentioned, the weather will be a huge factor. Neither team runs particularly well, so the +11 (and under 54) look like safe plays

georgia +14 ***
    I only have one comment: HAVE YOU SEEN LSU PLAY THIS YEAR?!?!? -14 is a gift for the Tigers.
    thanks for the input. once i post them in my thread tho i have either already bet them, or 100% will bet them...in the case i am waiting for a line to move. not saying i am always right, but this is just what i am betting this week. i have kept an honest record of it the entire season...with not so good results always...but honest. you may be right about every single point you made...but it is too late for me...lol. gl this weekend, and welcome to the forum.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

texas +3 ****
    i really like this game. texas d has been playing incredible as of late. take out the ou\osu games and the 25 to a+m last week was the most given up by this d all year...and it would be like 2tds per game they give up. i take out the oklahoma schools because nobody has stopped ostate...and at that time when ou played texas it was a completely different ou o just as good as ostate. anyways my point is...baylor doesn't have the balance or the stregnth up front to even be able to run for the 104 yards the aggies did on texas. they will be passing into a very solid secondary that knows the pass is coming. i think the 25 a+m scored is at the very top of the likely baylor scores here...honestly. i also feel the texas o will be better...and not just because the baylor d is so terrible. the mccoy run was one of those things that brings a team together...and i feel it will put a team that has been split between 2 qbs almost all year completely behind that kid. i strongly dislike the horns...but if i had watched that replay of my qb making that run and fighting that way, i would have been proud to go to war with him the next week. may sound goofy, but this is the kind of thing that brings an o together...and there is no question at all about the talent level of this o imo. baylor also beat the horns last year for the first time in a gazillion years, and i really love texas to show some pride here. only 4 units because i will pound the ml for another 2 or 3 when it comes out.
    i like your rationale here. i hate texas but when i watched that game last week it was obvious, especially after the run you mentioned, that they finally found their qb. there are 100 ways to argue this game but i like what you're saying. might play it after all.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    i like your rationale here. i hate texas but when i watched that game last week it was obvious, especially after the run you mentioned, that they finally found their qb. there are 100 ways to argue this game but i like what you're saying. might play it after all.
    well i hope we hit it then man...gl.

tonight...

ncaaf
    w virginia -1.5 ***
    under 55 ***

ncaab
    g'town +7.5 ***
    ole miss under 146.5 ***
    wright state +5.5 **

gl guys...and man didn't it suck not having football all week?...lol. gotten used to football every night, and after this weekend it is really gonna suck for a while.

sandman0713

113-97-2 and +8 units after a split tonight. lucky bball is starting to take off i guess. 3-0 and +7.2 units there tonight for 51-46-1 and +19.4 units this season. gl all this weekend.

sandman0713

115-98-2 and +11.4 after 2-1 tonight. at least headed back in the right direction now.

okstate under 74 ****
    texas +3 ****
    iowa state +11 ***
    georgia +14 ***
    new mexico +51 **

adding...
    uconn under 47 **
    cuse under 47 **
    so miss over 72.5 ***

add the late games tomm afternoon if i don't get slapped down again tomm morning...lol.

sandman0713

add uconn +290 *...and gn all.

sandman0713

117-102-2 and +10.2 after another crappy day...4-5. the boys taking down the big 12 title made up for it in a big way. seeing all those kids so happy, and the ostate fans get to be happy for once...it really brings out the good part about college sports, and really the most important part. it is a shame we have these crooks in the bcs allowed to control our fav sport...and hopefully this season will have some part in changing the system some day soon. even bama is getting shafted, but just doesn't realize it. if they go beat lsu there will be many who question the true champion, and that is not fair to those kids. there is no solution now that does not leave at least some very small doubt in some people's minds...and that means our system has failed, no matter who plays in the nc. until we have a playoff it is pointless to go on about...so i will just leave it. congrat's lsu on looking every bit the best team in america today. whoever they play is gonna have their hands full...lol. i don't really give a shit where we play. just the fact these kids get to represent the big 12 in a bcs game is fine with me. would love to get some stanford tho, if we can't play les...lol.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Hey Sandman,

Just wanted to tell you that I think your Cowboys should be in the BCS National Championship game.
    I think too many people (including myself) have been focusing on the wrong side of the argument. It is always argued, 'look at who Bama lost to and look at who Okla St lost to'. The other side of the argument is very intriguing. How bout we take a look at who Okla St beat and who Alabama beat. The Cowboys beat 4 ranked teams to Alabama's 4. However, Okla St beat 2 top 10 teams to Alabama's zero. Plus, Okla St won the Big-12 and that is not an easy task. Not to mention, defeating OU the way they did was very impressive. I definitely think the Cowboys are more deserving. Just my .02

GL thru the rest of the weekend buddy

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sandman what's the mood down there in ok state country? You guys think your getting in? Looked damn good today

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Hey Sandman,

Just wanted to tell you that I think your Cowboys should be in the BCS National Championship game.
    I think too many people (including myself) have been focusing on the wrong side of the argument. It is always argued, 'look at who Bama lost to and look at who Okla St lost to'. The other side of the argument is very intriguing. How bout we take a look at who Okla St beat and who Alabama beat. The Cowboys beat 4 ranked teams to Alabama's 4. However, Okla St beat 2 top 10 teams to Alabama's zero. Plus, Okla St won the Big-12 and that is not an easy task. Not to mention, defeating OU the way they did was very impressive. I definitely think the Cowboys are more deserving. Just my .02

GL thru the rest of the weekend buddy
    thanks man. i meant it yesterday when i said i no longer care where they play. i started reading about the bcs, and it made me sick man. i also felt there has been a huge bias on espn, pumping a rematch and trying to make the bcs look pretty. i started reading some articles about espn then, and i learned quite a few things about all these people i had come to respect on espn...and that made me sick as well. everything from sexual harassment to racism to bias by certain figures there...and these are people i turned to for my sports news. all the posts in here with these people calling these kids "losers" and such have really started to get to me. then to top it off...the old fat guy calling the lsu game said some of the worst things i have ever heard a pro say. he pretty much campained the entire game for a rematch, trying to influence voters. he is entitled to his opinion, but when i turn on cbs to watch a game i expect an unbiased commentator to call the game...not tell me how "everyone knows oklahoma state has no shot to beat lsu. it has to be a defensive team like bama". just put a bad spin on everything for me. not the fact that bama will play for it. those kids deserve it just as much as anyone else, and i would never want to taint that or take away from it. i don't even know where to go next, as i could continue all night...lol. just happy to see these kids happy, and proud of them no matter where they play. ostate in the nc seemed so important to me earlier this week...but now i just don't really care. gl man with the bowls as well man...and sorry for the rant...lol.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Sandman what's the mood down there in ok state country? You guys think your getting in? Looked damn good today
    everyone i was around tonight is just proud of the team...and whatever else happens, happens.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

That I can respect. I have to admit, i didn't expect you guys to put it on them like that

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    That I can respect. I have to admit, i didn't expect you guys to put it on them like that
    lol...that was 8 years worth of ass whooping all unleashed finally. that is gonna put the boom back in bedlam tho man. ou gonna come out str8 brawling next year...lol.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    and mack went back to the 2 qb system i take it? didn't watch much, but when i turned it on i was shocked to see the other kid in there. texas has screwed me...and their fans...all year. i am not usually one to call for coaches...but they may need a change there to get that program back on track. something has to happen, because they are just not texas anymore. i know there are other factors...but i mean they are missing the fight and pride texas has always shown. anyways...hope you didn't lose much on it. i ended up losing a tad for the weekend...like $20 or so. hate losing the big plays tho.

army under 56.5 ****
    posted in the game thread for this one. not much thought as to the play if you use numbers to bet. was thinking navy as well, but i will just go bigger on the play i feel is best...under.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

and mack went back to the 2 qb system i take it? didn't watch much, but when i turned it on i was shocked to see the other kid in there. texas has screwed me...and their fans...all year. i am not usually one to call for coaches...but they may need a change there to get that program back on track. something has to happen, because they are just not texas anymore. i know there are other factors...but i mean they are missing the fight and pride texas has always shown. anyways...hope you didn't lose much on it. i ended up losing a tad for the weekend...like $20 or so. hate losing the big plays tho. army under 56.5 **** posted in the game thread for this one. not much thought as to the play if you use numbers to bet. was thinking navy as well, but i will just go bigger on the play i feel is best...under.
    like this under call, sandman, may be on it too. BOL to you this weekend and in the bowls. already eying Stanford/Okie State over.

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    like this under call, sandman, may be on it too. BOL to you this weekend and in the bowls. already eying Stanford/Okie State over.
    good luck to you as well man. bowls are usually pretty easy money in my experience...but i have had a crappy year since i started posting here, and maybe in for a bad bowl season as well...lol. i think the stanford d is a little slow...and they may have some problems against us. i also wouldn't put money down on us stopping luck and co...so over prolly money if both show up after 3 weeks off.