jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

horns vs ags

If Cyrus Gray plays I like the spread (-7.5) and possibly the under (53.5)....if Gray doesn't play I really like the under

Blackout2012
    Blackout2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with you. I've watched nearly every game by these two teams too so I have some perspective. I don't think Texas defense will hold A&M's offense to 24-34 points in my opinion. And I see Texas scoring between 13-21 points with Fozzy out (usually good for at least one long TD a game) and McCoy and Ash both playing QB with supposedly McCoy starting. I don't know the status of Shipley, but I do know the quarterbacks for Texas have been awful the last two weeks in particular. And they're about to be in a loud, pressure-packed environment with an A&M defense that has really played pretty well the last 5 games. They had Kstate at 14 points and Mizzou at 17 points entering the 4th quarter. That's usually when Mike Sherman goes into his ultra conservative offensive playcalling mode that has cost A&M 4 second half double digit leads - all losses. He is definitely the Aggies achilles heel. All those teams that put up points could throw the ball though. In his press conference Mack Brown sounds suprised that his qb's played that bad last week. They are going to get harassed this week with A&M averaging 3.7 sacks a game. Cyrus Gray, sr RB for a&m, has a stress fracture in his shoulder but I bet he plays. The backup RB, Malena, is a Rivals 4 star RB who got a lot of 2nd half time vs kansas last week but he obviously doesn't have the playing time to have us believe he'll be effective versus a stingy texas defense.

I've lost plenty money betting on A&M to cover though. The Aggies have been very successful at home vs texas the last couple meetings with A&M having the lesser team of the two unlike this time. I really think the homefield pushes me over the top to make the bet. I would've bet A&M to cover 10 points before the season. The differences known between now and then is A&M's 2nd half playcaller sucks, the a&m pass defense sucks altho their top cornerback Coryell Judie is supposed to play for the first time in 5 games, and Texas pass offense is nonexistant. All of Texas' strengths play into A&M's strengths. There's always even more of a will to win in College Station (a&m) for the Texas game and this year the only other game that felt like that after they lost to OSU & arkansas was Baylor. And baylor got ran out of town 55-28 as a 9 point underdog. Feels like Sherman is coaching for his job in this one. Given his conservative collapses this year, you would think Sherman would keep the heat on texas come the 3rd quarter. I really could see Sherman being more aggressive but is it possible to score a lot of points on this Longhorn D. I like the under too. 31-17 A&M. More than anything, I'm tempted to bet the first half on A&M. They've been amazing at that.
    Last edited by Blackout2012; 11-22-11 at 12:55 PM.

jakeloftin2186
    jakeloftin2186's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1188

shipley is out and Texas passing game is uglier then mack browns yellow teeth...expect A&M to load the box i see Texas scoring 17 max....people dont talk about with but A&M rush D isnt bad only giving up 107 per game

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Blackout, you say it is possible to score alot of pts on THIS Texas D? Good grief...THIS Texas D is a bunch of young pups that keep getting better and better and is nails right now.