tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

is the weather going to play a factor in Ames, Iowa?

TodayTonightTomorrowPartly Cloudy / Windy Sunny / WindMostly ClearCloudy50°F54°33°55°Feels Like: 50°Get FREE weather on your desktop
    HighLowHighPast 24-hr:
    Precip: 0.0 in
    Snow: 0.0 in Chance of Rain:
    0%Chance of Precip:
    20%Chance of Rain:
    20%Wind:
    From SW at 28mph gusting to 33mph Wind:
    SSW at 29 mph Wind:
    S at 10 mph Wind:
    SSW at 15 mph Through 6pm: Mostly sunny and windy. Temperatures steady in the upper 40s. Winds SSW at 25 to 30 mph. A mix of clouds and sun with gusty winds. High 53F. Winds SSW at 25 to 35 mph.Mostly clear skies this evening will become overcast overnight. Low 34F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.Cloudy skies. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 56F. Winds S at 15 to 25 mph.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!

20% chance of precip.. could be a factor. seems everyone is on the over tonight.. i have it at 70.5. Don't know if i want to pull the trigger..

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I think it was real windy the last two games for Oklahoma state. They scored 45? and 66. I don't think it effects them as much as we think it does sometimes.

panikpoker
    panikpoker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

im in des moines and its a bit windy but clear skys all around it should be a factor in jack trice

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyeagleIrish View Post
    I think it was real windy the last two games for Oklahoma state. They scored 45? and 66. I don't think it effects them as much as we think it does sometimes.
    you are 100 percent correct sir...........

qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I was going to start this same thread but you beat me to it. I looked at the hour by hour forecast and the wind will be blowing 19-24 mph according to my weather channel app on my cell phone. I hate to answer a question with a question, but I would like to know how much of an affect wind speed has on the passing game?

If it is substantial, then Toledo may be a worthwhile play. I wasn't interested or planning on touching this game but from what I can determine, Central Michigan is only averaging around 115 rushing yards per game (100th overall) whereas Toledo is around 215 (17th overall). The passing stats are almost identical and both teams have poor defenses. Please don’t get the wrong idea; I am not making a pick. I am just expressing my observations and hopefully someone with more knowledge can answer my question. This is especially true because I have no idea how good or bad the special teams are for each side.

RenoHightower
    RenoHightower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2688

No...ever been to Stillwater? They practice in high winds every day. Not a factor.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by RenoHightower View Post
    No...ever been to Stillwater? They practice in high winds every day. Not a factor.
    This. 20mph winds is normal for this place, the open range...

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!

yes, played there twice.
    Points Awarded:

qwertvt gave tcarn01 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.