Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, seriously consider taking OHIO 2night! I love this game!

I love this game, and will post why after I get some feedback on it. Might be one of my biggest plays of the college football season.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-16-11 at 08:33 AM.

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14227

Over??

Urbanwildlife

Not interested in the over but my house has it at 58.5

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Bowling Greens offense has looked like garbage for awhile now. Last 3 games 13,15,14 and that 14 was against Northern Illinois defense which is terrible. They only put up 21 on Toledo who has a terrible defense. Ohio should roll in this one not sure about the over which seems to hit all the time in Mac games.

Titan_12
    Titan_12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5992

I like OHIO -7 here....

OHIO are 3-9 ATS in their last 12 meetings (Although in the last 4 meetings OHIO is 3-1 ats, and 2-0 ats the last to meetings in BG)
    Road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings
    BG is 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 Wednesday games

And BG's offense has blown the last few games....

Looking a the game it seems like OHIO will cover easily, but it's a MAC game so BG will probably win by 20

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

You want quality insight here?

Been watching this crooked conference most of the season.

On paper, Ohio 10 plus better than Bowling Green, even on the road.
    Schilz is actually a pretty good passer for BG, but his rushing attack is lacking, and their defense gives up too many points.

BG started off season OK, but has been really crappy lately, losing 5 out of 6, and my guess is they will mail in the rest of the season.

But this is the MAC, where anything can happen, and usually does.

Ohio does everything better than Bowling Green does.

Like I said, Schilz is pretty good QB for BG, but Tettleton is better for Ohio
    Harden is a quality running back that averages over 6 yards per touch.
    Ohio puts up 34 points a game on the average.

Ohio is the much better team, has more weapons, has won 3 straight, as opposed to BG who has lost 5 out of 6, home field means squat here tonight.

Ohio or nothing.

Urbanwildlife

Based on what the posters above have shared, and doing my own due diligence, this is one of those must games you have to bet, as it should be a cake walk for Ohio, based on every statistic and trend that I can see. GO OHIO! Thank you all for your contributions and insight!

arsenalxiv
    arsenalxiv's Avatar Become A Pro!

BG to SU win! MAC is unpredictable. Also looking at the schedule this year, BG has had tougher opponents than OH. OH is untested and just dont feel comfortable laying 7 points on the road. Look for BG to upset.

Urbanwildlife

Only in your dreams! Bet your house, your car, and your kids and your mama on it.

Urbanwildlife

Here’s The Deal … Ohio has won three of the last four in the series including the last two, and if it makes it three in a row, it’ll mean a trip to play for the MAC championship.

Thanks to the thrilling 35-31 win over Temple a few weeks ago, Ohio can clinch the East title and its third MAC title game in six years with a win over a struggling Bowling Green team that can’t seem to find its groove. The Bobcats come in winning three straight in the series, and while they can afford a road slip and still win the East with a Temple loss to Kent State in a few weeks, they need to take care of business now with a date with Miami coming up next Tuesday to close out the regular season.

This is Bowling Green’s bowl game. The Falcons did their part to help out the Bobcats with a win over Temple a few weeks ago for the lone victory over a rough six game span, but this is the home finale and it’s a shot to shine on national TV. The passing game hasn’t kicked in as expected and the offense as a whole has sputtered too much, and the defense hasn’t done enough to pick up the slack.

Why Ohio Might Win: Ohio’s running game is on a role with 200 yards or more in four of the last five games while coming off a dominant day against Central Michigan. The O line is improving by the week, and it showed by paving the way for 309 yards and three scores against the Chippewas last week in the blowout win. Balanced, the passing attack is working, too, helping the suddenly high-powered attack crank out its third game in a row with more than 520 yards. The Bowling Green defensive front that was so great at getting into the backfield earlier in the year hasn’t come up with a sack in three of its last four games. If Ohio’s O gets time to work, it should dominate.

Why Bowling Green Might Win: How did the Falcons beat Temple? The line got to the Owl passing game with four sacks, while the secondary came up with its best game of the season. The defense has to play at a whole other level against the Bobcats, while the passing game that’s been effective at cranking out yards over the last few weeks has to start getting into the end zone. The Falcons have thrown for 200 yards or more in four of the last five games, with 400 yards against Kent State, but they only threw six touchdowns in the span. Ohio’s pass defense has been stellar, but it also hasn’t been pushed all year long. CMU has one of the few offenses on the Bobcat schedule that can throw, and Ryan Radcliff bombed away for 362 yards and three scores.

What To Watch Out For: Ohio’s LaVon Brazill has been on a tear in MAC play hitting the 100-yard mark in every game except for the three-catch, 17-yard day against Buffalo. Equal parts steady and explosive, the veteran is doing whatever the passing game needs highlighted by his eight catches for 157 yards and two scores in the loss to Ball State.

Equally hot is Bowling Green senior Kamar Jorden, who followed up a 12-catch, 203-yard, one score day against Kent State with eight catches for 152 yards and two scores against NIU. Like Brazill, Jorden has rocked in MAC play, and now a spot on the All-MAC team next to Western Michigan’s Jordan White could come down to who has the bigger game this week.

What Will Happen: Bowling Green doesn’t have the defense to slow down all of Ohio’s parts. The Bobcats will crank out over 500 yards, and the one-dimensional Falcon offense won’t be able to keep up.

DarkNite
    DarkNite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I am pretty sure that Ohio will win this match, but by how much? It maybe by 6.

DanzeM
    DanzeM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 299

uw ive already unloaded on ohio, gives me some comfort reading that you are hitting it big, and so to most of the guys in this thread. Lets cash this one boys ohio -7

Urbanwildlife

Yes, we are going to take the stroll to the pay window guys!

Ticket Details : # 38700323-1
    Wager Type : Spread (or run line)
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 3,000.00 / 2,727.27(USD)
    Accepted : 11/15/2011 8:02AM - PST

Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Ohio
    Time : 11/15/2011 5:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -7 -110
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-16-11 at 09:30 AM.

lilrushc8
    lilrushc8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just went ALL IN on Ohio but I was scared of the spread, so I just took the ML.... Lets hope for the best! GL!!

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Yes, we are going to take the stroll to the pay window guys!
    Ticket Details : # 38700323-1
    Wager Type : Spread (or run line)
    Wager Status : PendingRisk / To Win Amount : 3,000.00 / 2,727.27(USD)
    Accepted : 11/15/2011 8:02AM - PST

Sport / Period : College Football / Game
    Selection : Ohio
    Time : 11/15/2011 5:00:01PM - (PST)
    Line : -7 -110

Wow, on a Mac game, good luck

Urbanwildlife

My other wagers that include Ohio. Yes it is a MAC game, but I am very confident in this Ohio team playing against Bowling Green, so that is why I am going with it full tilt. I consider it one of my best plays of the year, but as we all know, it is called gambling, so things sometimes do not go as expected, no matter how confident you are in your pick, as I found out by losing a fortune on the Baltimore Ravens when they got there asses kicked by Jacksonville in front of a national tv audience.

Ticket #AcceptedTypeRiskTo Win Short Description
    38699623-1 11/15/2011 12:03PM Parlay 513.00 2,935.36
    Football - 301 Ball State +18 -110 for Game
    Football - 307 New York Jets -4 -120 buying ½ points for Game
    Football - 305 Ohio -7 -110 for Game

38700323-1 11/15/2011 12:34PM Parlay 500.00 2,860.97
    Football - 307 New York Jets -4 -120 buying ½ points for Game
    Football - 301 Ball State/No Illinois over 72½ -110 for Game
    Football - 305 Ohio -7 -110 for Game
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-16-11 at 09:28 AM.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Good luck Is more than 10% of your BR on ohio?

Urbanwildlife

No, not even close.

Poundabooty
    Poundabooty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really like Ohio here too....

Only thing is.... Everytime everything points to one team, everyone seems to be on that team, and it only makes sense to take that team for all the right reasons.... The other team seems to cover!!!!

But in this case OHIO all the way!!!!

petermans23
    the whale picks
    petermans23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4703

Thanks Urbanwildlife for a great write up!

I´m also on Ohio.

But I agree with Poundabootys comment: "Everytime everything points to one team, everyone seems to be on that team, and it only makes sense to take that team for all the right reasons.... The other team seems to cover!!!!"

Just a question perhaps somebody has an answer to: If so many is on Ohio why doesn´t the spread move? It opened -7 went to -6.5 and is now back to -7. Wouldn´t it have moved more if so many is on Ohio?

Shouldn´t it be more like ohio -8 or -9 by now? What am I missing here?

Thanks for all input!

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Great write up. I usually dont like to bet the spread on the mac games but after reading some of these comments and looking at the numbers I feel like Ohio -7 is pretty solid. Thanks and good luck tonight gentlemen

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

POTVINSUX
    POTVINSUX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 602

I am on a small teaser tonight...

2 Team Teaser #232564369 (Placed by Web)Football - College Lines (Game) Point Spread
    (303) Western Michigan +7½ Wed@8:00p
    Competitor304) Miami OhioTeased 6.0 points
    Football - College Lines (Game) Point Spread
    (305) Ohio -1 Wed@8:00p
    Competitor306) Bowling GreenTeased 6.0 points
    Risk US$ 31.22 to win US$ 28.38

angelodebo
    angelodebo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2429

I agree 100% that Ohio is the better team. But one thing I have learned over the years, while watching the MAC on weeknights, is that all the MAC teams suck! And no team is that much better than the other!

Perfect example..last night Northern Illin -18 vs. Ball St. Some teams in the MAC have winning records..others do not..but they all suck and any team can beat any team. Period! And Bowling Green..at home..catching a touchdown..I will take the points b/c most likely it will be close.

good luck though. I would never bet that much money on a MAC team. These teams are so unpredictable!

montoronto
    Update your status
    montoronto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5582

Go ohio!

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Miami tonight too. Got it at 6.5. I'd be a bit careful going huge on it though. As some have mentioned above, it is a MAC game and anything can happen. Good luck.

kylska1183
    kylska1183's Avatar Become A Pro!

Urbanwildlife....At least give credit to where you took the writeup from and not act like you came up with it. It's from cfn.scout.com

They do writeups for every single game.

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

All I need to know is;

81% of the public is on Ohio
    The line hasn't budged
    Every single person in this thread is pimping Ohio

So I'll take Bowling Green +7 and ML, watch them get completely outplayed, make a couple of lucky TD's and a few bad calls, and I'll take my money to the bank.

Good luck everyone

loodachris99
    loodachris99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4421

Quote Originally Posted by nj1035 View Post
    All I need to know is;

81% of the public is on Ohio
    The line hasn't budged
    Every single person in this thread is pimping Ohio

So I'll take Bowling Green +7 and ML, watch them get completely outplayed, make a couple of lucky TD's and a few bad calls, and I'll take my money to the bank.

Good luck everyone
    sounds about right, however im a sucker so im on ohio -7

HilltopTony
    HilltopTony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

All I see is Ohio love here and on other forums. I am going Bowling or nothing.

Urbanwildlife

@kylska1183 You are correct but I never claimed anything, as I only provided information. Now will you please post some information on a game, as it would be much appreciated.

I know you are new but in one of your two posts you asked about Oklahoma State, why not post why you are considering them, instead of just asking for advice?
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-16-11 at 04:53 PM.

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Home Dog Under The Lights...I wish I could find the stat again, but Im pretty sure I read that they cover something like 64% of the time...may not win, but they cover.

Either way - OU controls their own destiny in this mess of a MAC East Confrence. They put up 549 rush yards and 499 pass yards in the last 2 weeks behind Tettleton, Harden, Blankenship and company...Bowing Green cant run the ball to save their lives. And just posted a 45-14 beatdown last week handed to them by Northern Illinois. Side note - BG was a total -289yd deficet.

For what its worth: OU running away 35-14

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Ohio can afford to lose this game.
    If they lose and then beat visiting Miami Ohio they still win the MAC East and go to the MAC Championship Game.
    SO in the back of these kids minds, they have a "mulligan"... there might be a letdown on the road after some crucial wins.
    BUT Ohio wants to pile up wins... this would be win # 8 which could ensure a bowl game even if they would lose next week.
    AND Ohio has simply been playing well, BG has no "O" and is playing poorly... no crowd will show up in the cold for a 4-6 team.
    SO I agree, Ohio -7, but small.

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Ohio appears the play. Lets cash!

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Looks like I'm on the wrong side... I took BGU +7 for two-fiddy and threw another buck on them @ +240.

12 Last