BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    the only thing that scares you in the game is Stanford's team defensive speed is not that great so their defensive lineman have gotta dominate and play on Oregon's side of scrimmage the whole game. That's how you kill Oregon's explosive run game before it even gets going The other side of the field, I just don't think Oregon will slow down Stanford at all in this game. The run game should go for 200 yards setting up Luck for 300+ and 3 scores
    We shall see. Oregon doesn't look nearly as good this season as they did last year. They're still really good but I think Stanford is a legit top 5 team and they obviously have best QB in the nation. It's hard to go against them at home.

It would benefit my Sooners more if Stanford lost but kind of feel like Stanford may be a team of destiny.

I think Stanford is better than Oregon. They are playing at home. They have the best QB in the nation and they have the better defense. Those are my reasons. I'm just going to roll with it win or lose.

The fact that everyone seems to like Oregon on here makes me feel even better about my pick. I feel like Stanford is going to beat up the Ducks tomorrow.

People will probably say Stanford is a "square" pick and Oregon is a "sharp". These people fail to realize that sometimes the underdog is the "square" play. Regardless, I don't really care about all that talk. I would rather have a "square" play that wins rather than a "sharp" play that loses.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    We shall see. Oregon doesn't look nearly as good this season as they did last year. They're still really good but I think Stanford is a legit top 5 team and they obviously have best QB in the nation. It's hard to go against them at home. It would benefit my Sooners more if Stanford lost but kind of feel like Stanford may be a team of destiny. I think Stanford is better than Oregon. They are playing at home. They have the best QB in the nation and they have the better defense. Those are my reasons. I'm just going to roll with it win or lose. The fact that everyone seems to like Oregon on here makes me feel even better about my pick. I feel like Stanford is going to beat up the Ducks tomorrow. People will probably say Stanford is a "square" pick and Oregon is a "sharp". These people fail to realize that sometimes the underdog is the "square" play. Regardless, I don't really care about all that talk. I would rather have a "square" play that wins rather than a "sharp" play that loses.

If you want a really safe pick dude, just play the over

there's really no scenario in this game where the over is not covered (outside of maybe both teams having 3 turnovers each in the redzone)

Joseph365
    Joseph365's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207

Ducks are on a roll and legit. Ive seen all there games. it took everything to go wrong to lsu to lose by only 13. If Oregon limits the turnovers they will roll. This is a great ml pick. Ducks win...

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph365 View Post
    Ducks are on a roll and legit. Ive seen all there games. it took everything to go wrong to lsu to lose by only 13. If Oregon limits the turnovers they will roll. This is a great ml pick. Ducks win...
    Oregon was down by like 20 when LSU quit playing. Didn't Oregon score a "dressing" touchdown late to make it more respectable? There was like 10 seconds left in the game.

LSU was like a heavyweight fighter feeling out their opponent in the first half and then they knocked them out in the second half.

"Oregon will roll"? Good luck with that.

I think Oregon is good but they are not nearly as good as you people give them credit for. They're not simply going to win easily on the road in this game.

Joseph365

James and Barner were out with injury. De Thomas fumbled 2 times in a row, that was his first game as a true freshman. Cliff Harris was suspended and Oregon had 8 new defensive starters. The defense has gotten much better and everyone on offense is healthy. The o line has gotten better. So yes if Oregon wins the turnover battle they will roll...

Joseph365

And good luck to you CHOKLOHOMA fan. To bad you cant get a mulligan against T Tech.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph365 View Post
    James and Barner were out with injury. De Thomas fumbled 2 times in a row, that was his first game as a true freshman. Cliff Harris was suspended and Oregon had 8 new defensive starters. The defense has gotten much better and everyone on offense is healthy. The o line has gotten better. So yes if Oregon wins the turnover battle they will roll...

please show me some examples of top 3 teams getting "rolled" at home in recent history in the latter part of the season

that's an outrageous statement

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Oregon's not gonna win by 10+ on the road against a top 5 team looking to win a BCS title. Do you not see how outrageous that is??

Even If Oregon does win, it will be an up and down shootout where Oregon scores late and takes it like 49-46
    Oregon beat that ass last year, bro. As tough and strong as Stanford's D is, they do not have the speed to match up to Oregon's offense. I also don't see Oregon being able to stop the Stanford running game. I don't think Im going to lay the -3, but I might hit the over....these are 2 of my 3 favorite teams, so its hard to bet against either one of these cash cows.

Doug C.
    Doug C.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

I believe this game Oregon will turn the over at least 2 times or more, just like they turned the ball over 4 times against LSU. Stanford offense will put up huge numbers against Oregon. Standford playing at home is a huge plus. I'm thinking Stanford win by at least 7 points. By the way, USC will beat Oregon this time around when the time comes.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Neither team is anything special thus the -3.

One thing to keep in mind is the Pac-10 will try to keep one team undefeated....

DigBick86
    Update your status
    DigBick86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6432

Quote Originally Posted by Dkid View Post
    i've stopped arguing with him because he is convince Stanford is the best thing since sliced bread.
    LMAO

Joseph365

Do you still think my statement was outragous?

Joseph365

please show me some examples of top 3 teams getting "rolled" at home in recent history in the latter part of the season

Is my staement still outrageuos?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

So much for Stanford eh Brahma???

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

on paper, Stanford clearly looks like the better team across the board (better defensively and a more efficient offense), yet everybody is either predicting Oregon to win (and if they're picking Stanford, it's by just a few points) why is this?? I actually think Stanford wins this by about 10 points (something like 41-31). They're playing at home and they will come out with a ferocious effort knowing that this is their only chance to even contend for a BCS title game. What am I missing here?
    You still wondering?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow complete domination by a significantly better oregon team, who would of guessed? oh wait....

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't expect Brahm back in this thread.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

stanford tonight is 1

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon's not gonna win by 10+ on the road against a top 5 team looking to win a BCS title. Do you not see how outrageous that is??

Even If Oregon does win, it will be an up and down shootout where Oregon scores late and takes it like 49-46

brahmabull117

Nice call guys, real shocker tonight to see stanford get sliced up

Thankfully I just played the over and went 5-2 today

Dkid
    Play to win.
    Dkid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 614

Nice call guys, real shocker tonight to see stanford get sliced up

Thankfully I just played the over and went 5-2 today
    just here to say, I told you so.
    speed kills. good play on the over though.

First 12