No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Anyone else like Virginia Tech tonight?

Hokies seem like a solid play. Thoughts?

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

virginia tech 2x
    pick 'em!
    1x @ -110 and 1x @ -105
    good luck, no co!

SASH
    SASH's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt classify va tech tonight as a "solid play". You guys know the drill, youve been to this dance before.....home team in a nationally televised thursday night espn primetime game more often than not steps up their game big time. And there is not much that seperates these two teams, ones an 8 win team, the others a 7 win team. Can va tech win, sure. But as far as a solid play? Wouldnt categorize them as a solid play. Im not touching the game

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

V-tech is a mediocre team with a good record. I have to go with the home team on this one!
    In this series the home team usually wins sans the Vick years.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    V-tech is a mediocre team with a good record. I have to go with the home team on this one!
    In this series the home team usually wins sans the Vick years.
    GT isn't anything special either.

Betn247
    Past succes doesnt equal future results
    Betn247's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

UNDER.........But I do like the Chokies, prolly wont play the spread cause of their name though LOL
    BOL

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

think you gotta look at teams that have more than a week to get ready for the option...like virginia did. nothing for certain with road fav's in weeknight games, but i like va tech and the under. one of the best run d's in the country with 2 weeks to focus only on the 1-dimensional ga tech o.

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    think you gotta look at teams that have more than a week to get ready for the option...like virginia did. nothing for certain with road fav's in weeknight games, but i like va tech and the under. one of the best run d's in the country with 2 weeks to focus only on the 1-dimensional ga tech o.
    BINGO BANGO BONGO....RIGHT ON!

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

really not impressed with georgia tech, their win over clemson was more of clemson losing the game than georgia tech winning it....

undecided at the moment if I pull the trigger on the hokies but its hokies or nothing for me...Takin the Raiders +7 though.

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    really not impressed with georgia tech, their win over clemson was more of clemson losing the game than georgia tech winning it....

undecided at the moment if I pull the trigger on the hokies but its hokies or nothing for me...Takin the Raiders +7 though.
    I dont think the raiders can keep up with SD in the scoring dept for that game but thats fro a different thread

brewcrew2k
    !

That's a great point sandman. But it always seems like v-tech is never ready for a big game. Not sure if it's the coaching or not but in situations like this they come out flat.

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im on Georgia Tech

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

georgia tech wins this game no coin. I have gone big on georgia tech already.

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    really not impressed with georgia tech, their win over clemson was more of clemson losing the game than georgia tech winning it.... undecided at the moment if I pull the trigger on the hokies but its hokies or nothing for me...Takin the Raiders +7 though.
    Yea man...Tech offense running all over Clemson and keeping the lead the entire game coupled with the D stepping up to stop a potent clemson offense was nothing more than Clemson losing the game than Tech winning it..
    BTW.Chargers will cover the 7

Bucki43210
    Bucki43210's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia Tech's 2 losses have come to the 2 best defenses they've played all season. Virginia and Miami. Virginia Tech has the nation's 6th best D, and 2 weeks to prep. Bemerball shuts down the Jackets.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post
    Yea man...Tech offense running all over Clemson and keeping the lead the entire game coupled with the D stepping up to stop a potent clemson offense was nothing more than Clemson losing the game than Tech winning it..

Clemson was due to pull a clemson, thats all I am referring to. It was a bad spot for Clemson and they were due for a loss.

maybe chargers cover but I will take the capable road dog.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by Bucki43210 View Post
    Georgia Tech's 2 losses have come to the 2 best defenses they've played all season. Virginia and Miami. Virginia Tech has the nation's 6th best D, and 2 weeks to prep. Bemerball shuts down the Jackets.
    You do realize that 4 of the virginia tech starters in defense are out right?

geez...people in forum just talk, talk and talk without doing their homework.

Those defensive stats from first seven games mean shit now when most of their defense is injured.

Betn247

Quote Originally Posted by kcDdegenerate View Post

Bump

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

Those defensive stats from first seven games mean shit now when most of their defense is injured.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

their offense has been struggling and Georgia Tech defense is very underrated

tough game to pick - my guess is that it will be 24-21 type game either way so Id play the under...

sandman0713

i do lots of homework man...tho i'm sure i miss plenty of good info that is out there. sounds from all i read that some of that is just him moving people around...just like he did last year in this game. these guys have had 2 weeks to get ready, and their 2nd string d is more talented than virginia...the last team to face ga tech off a bye. not saying i am right as this is only a medium play for me...but i like the under and va tech even after looking at the game for more than 2 hours this week. my money tho...and i can handle a bad night if i am wrong. gl all whatever way you go.

Virginia Tech has juggled its starting defensive lineup a bit for this game, and at least one guy will be featured in a new spot. J.R. Collins has started all nine games thus far at defensive end, and he leads the Hokies with six sacks, but he’ll likely start Thursday night at defensive tackle. The idea is to get more speed, athleticism and experience against the option in the interior of the line. Tyrel Wilson, who already has one start this season at defensive end, will likely start at defensive end in Collins’ place.
    Other than Collins, keep an eye on sophomore middle linebacker Jack Tyler. His only other start came in last season’s Orange Bowl, but defensive coordinator Bud Foster likes Tyler’s “downhill” approach to stopping the run. Senior Barquell Rivers started against Duke at middle linebacker, and Rivers will likely rotate in for Tyler from time-to-time against Georgia Tech. The only reason Virginia Tech is even in a position to have to play Tyler and Rivers at middle linebacker is due to regular starter Bruce Taylor’s season-ending Lisfranc foot fracture he suffered Oct. 22 against BC. Kyle Fuller, who is one of Virginia Tech’s regular starters at cornerback, will instead start at outside linebacker against Georgia Tech. He played the same role last season against Georgia Tech (logging five tackles), and has experience playing a similar role this season when Virginia Tech has employed its nickel defensive package.

paranoyd androyd
    paranoyd androyd's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 134523

gtech or pass

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

whoever says VT can stop the triple option by GT needs to get there heads examined. if it wasn't for a kick off return late last year in VT, GT would have had a good chance to win in VT's own backyard. If you watched that game, GT was able to move the ball very well. And that was with GT backup who will be playing as the starter tonight with extra motivation to win.

2 years ago GT beat VT when the hokies were ranked 4th!! by about a TD i think.

Don't come on here and say VT has had success against them in the past because they haven't.

This is GT game, especially at home with big time confidence after beating clemson.

GT LARGE

sandman0713

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    whoever says VT can stop the triple option by GT needs to get there heads examined. if it wasn't for a kick off return late last year in VT, GT would have had a good chance to win in VT's own backyard. If you watched that game, GT was able to move the ball very well. And that was with GT backup who will be playing as the starter tonight with extra motivation to win.

2 years ago GT beat VT when the hokies were ranked 4th!! by about a TD i think.

Don't come on here and say VT has had success against them in the past because they haven't.

This is GT game, especially at home with big time confidence after beating clemson.

GT LARGE
    ok i hope this wasn't for me. what i said was teams that have a bye before playing an option team do far better than teams who don't...and that is fact as their scoring and ypg go down in these spots. i feel like them having an extra week to get ready for a 1-dimensional o will be the difference...but i will be the first to say i could be wrong. just depends on what is important to you when choosing spots to bet your money. thread starter was asking for opinions on this game, and i gave mine.

VTSandman
    VTSandman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Food for thought:

VT 17-5 alltime on Thurday nights
    VT 7-2 on Thursday night road games
    VT 25-5 since joining ACC
    VT current streak of 11 straight ACC road wins
    VT head to head series 5-3

GT lost 7 of past 11 Thursday night games

jaeguyoon
    [Too Long]
    jaeguyoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1087

Doesn't vtech have 5 starters out in their defense?

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Like.... you? Most of their injuries occured before conference play even started. All except one. Those stats were accrued by the defense that will remain on the field tonight. Not to mention Bud Foster is perennially a top 3 defensive coordinator in the country. (Richt and Meyer both offerred him jobs that he turned down.)

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree 100%.
    Young D is maturing, plenty of speed, more than GT has seen, with 12 days to prepare and a crafty coach who has seen the GT option for yrs, knows what it takes to beat them.
    And VT QB can throw... do not just think about their great RB.. balanced O!
    VT-1.

Fettirooski
    Fettirooski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

sandman dont confuse these posters with stats. Their hearts tell them Georgia Tech will win...... "and so it is written".

brewcrew2k
    !

Quote Originally Posted by Fettirooski View Post
    sandman dont confuse these posters with stats. Their hearts tell them Georgia Tech will win...... "and so it is written".
    And normally your heart tells you more than your brain. Stats in a matchup like this don't always tell the truth

UNCGQ
    UNCGQ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 905

Quote Originally Posted by Fettirooski View Post

Like.... you? Most of their injuries occured before conference play even started. All except one. Those stats were accrued by the defense that will remain on the field tonight.
    this.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

This is what happens when you only go by SBR's injury report, one of those players have been out before the season started and one is questionable which means he still may play.

JamesBrown
    JamesBrown's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

I parlayed VT and the bolts ML for a large amount tonight, NC. I hope they win. BOL

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

The extra time is the selling point for me... plus it's a HUGE game for both if they want to get to the ACC championship game

warriorfan707

Quote Originally Posted by jaeguyoon View Post
    Doesn't vtech have 5 starters out in their defense?
    boom

12 Last