Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Maybe worried about these public games?

So I follow the covers consensus a bit and this year of all the picks where the public is 70% or more on one side the results are pretty amazing.

So far if you have followed the covers consensus picks of 70% or more in college football you would be hitting at 55.55% which is crazy, the record is 75-60 with a couple of pushes.

This week the plays where the public is on board are:

texas tech -14
    clemson -3.5
    Va tech -14.5
    Iowa -15.5
    Wisconsin -7.5
    Arkansas -8.5
    Hawaii -7
    Az St/Colorado over 56.5
    Michigan/Purdue over 53.5
    Texas A&M/Mizzou over 63.5
    Oklahoma/K State over 59

I have no idea what this all means, but I hope this trend stops today! 55.5%, come on!

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Just goes to show you that both sharps and squares are lucky to get over the 50% mark. You need to fnd an edge on a game and go with it, regardless of who else is playing it.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    Just goes to show you that both sharps and squares are lucky to get over the 50% mark. You need to fnd an edge on a game and go with it, regardless of who else is playing it.
    Exactly. I play my own system. So far, it is hitting at 55.26%, and I am having an off year. Find a good system and you will reap the rewards. Remember, YOU are the only person that matters. If you find a good wager, it matters not who is on it.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by TheCommish View Post
    I agree, but I also think you can use out of the ordinary type of percentages as another angle.

8-3 today if you were fading these public plays, with the three losing picks all being totals. Still think the linesmakers are off a bit with college totals for some of these teams, but it seems like they're improving.