Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stephen Garcia...point shaving??

Has anyone else heard any rumors that Garcia had been involved in some point shaving in the Navy game earlier this month? There was a late line move at a book named Cantor that only deals with heavy bettors, $50,000 minimum. While most books had the game at - 17, Cantor went to -13 right before the game. I think South Carolina won 24-20.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

That would make no sense. If South Carolina won by 10, then there may be some merit to that story, but to only win by 4 means that they could have lost that game, and poiint shavers do not cut it that close. I have not heard that story. Chalk it up to a rather vivid imagination. Remember, South Carolina was behind in that game in the 4th quarter and had to ome from behind to win it.

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    That would make no sense. If South Carolina won by 10, then there may be some merit to that story, but to only win by 4 means that they could have lost that game, and poiint shavers do not cut it that close. I have not heard that story. Chalk it up to a rather vivid imagination. Remember, South Carolina was behind in that game in the 4th quarter and had to ome from behind to win it.
    Yea, I see your point but if a QB wanted to sandbag for the purpose of shaving points, the game might of got away from him and ended up closer than planned. The story that I read indicated that this was the true reason he was tossed off the team and more facts will be coming out soon, they also said the people involved in this case was also involved in a Toledo game a while back. We'll see.

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

just google: "Stephen Garcia Point Shaving" and a lot of stuff pops up

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

covers.com/articles/columns/articles.aspx?theArt=249668
    Last edited by spladle08; 10-28-11 at 11:51 AM.