brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Stanford is The Only Team That Can Give LSU/Bama A Run For It's Money

yep, Stanford kind of reminds me of an SEC team with their great run defense and great run game

I really hope they don't get snubbed because Clemson played a tougher schedule - Clemson would get ripped apart because of their horrible defense against LSU or Bama

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Clemsons last 2 games have gone over 90. Swiss cheese D.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

So one rough outing from Oklahoma & Boise and you've written them off as garbage?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    So one rough outing from Oklahoma & Boise and you've written them off as garbage?

Oklahoma has no chance to make it anyways, that's why I'm not discussing it (no point really)

I actually think Boise would give them a good game but they have no chance to make it either because of their schedule. I put zero stock in what happened with Boise today, they just struggled with a gimmick offense they won't face again the rest of the year

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

LSU and Alabama are better than Boise St. For sure

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

stanford won't even beat oregon

suicidekings
    Update your status

After LSU/Alabama play, one will have a loss and it could speak a lot in the rankings if the win is lopsided, knocking the loser out of second place. I doubt Stanford survives Oregon, and an undefeated Boise or Clemson could absolutely sneak in the door. The margin of victory in the big game could create opportunities for several teams.

Hell, OK State could sneak in if they manage to go undefeated.

NYSportsGuy210

Actually Boise might not beat Oregon. And Id take Oregon to beat Oklahoma.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    stanford won't even beat oregon

You realize Stanford is at home in that matchup right??? They win by least 2 scores

Stanford looks way stronger than last year and Oregon looks a lot weaker than last year IMO - their secondary looked soft as hell against ASU

suicidekings
    Update your status

If Oregon and Stanford played today, I would make Stanford a -7 fave at home. You're undervaluing Oregon.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    If Oregon and Stanford played today, I would make Stanford a -7 fave at home. You're undervaluing Oregon.

I'd say closer to - 10... either way Stanford will win

they dominated the matchup last year early in the game before they collapsed in the second half... Stanford won't collapse at home

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I'd say closer to - 10... either way Stanford will win they dominated the matchup last year early in the game before they collapsed in the second half... Stanford won't collapse at home
    It totally depends on current form. Texas Tech isn't better than Oklahoma but look at what's happening. Tech came in prepared and OU came out flat, and they've been struggling to keep up for the entire game.

BettingWizard

Oregon getting 10 pts against anybody

brahmabull117

Oregon getting 10 pts against anybody

Stanford >>>>>>>>>>> Oregon

both offense and defense

NYSportsGuy210

Stanford vsOregon....id bet the OVER

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

why don't we fk over Boise again, its like an annual tradition... they have a solid D and one of the best offenses in the country, they deserve it and when they do actually get their shot in the big game, they won't dissappoint

can't wait to hear numbnuts response to this one

BettingWizard

boise ****** themselves as a 15 pt favorite last year

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Sick of Boise not getting respect, hope this year is their year.

iceminers26

boise ****** themselves as a 15 pt favorite last year
    yes Boise did themselves in last year with that Nevada game in LV but their were a couple years where they ran the table and got left out, one was when everyone was talking up Oklahoma as the best team in the country and they dropped a game and got matched up against Boise in the bowl game that year, we all know how that turned out for the Sooners.

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

for the love of God, let's just put Boise in for one year against LSU/Bama so everybody can see just how OVERRATED they are.. 9/10 BCS Championships are blowouts anyway, why not just hand the trophy over to the team that won it on Nov. 5 and let everybody see why Boise should never be in ANY BCS talk

iceminers26

lol, the year Boise beat Oklahoma in the bowl game, they could have beaten any team in the country... heck the whole world was already crowning that Sooner team until they dropped a game late in the season and Boise took care of them.

heck I honestly think this year's squad could beat LSU or Bama but you like most like to knock the little guy, not their fault who's on their conference schedule, they schedule SEC and other big name conferences and their out of conference schedule and beat them but you don't want to hear that.

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    lol, the year Boise beat Oklahoma in the bowl game, they could have beaten any team in the country... heck the whole world was already crowning that Sooner team until they dropped a game late in the season and Boise took care of them.

heck I honestly think this year's squad could beat LSU or Bama but you like most like to knock the little guy, not their fault who's on their conference schedule, they schedule SEC and other big name conferences and their out of conference schedule and beat them but you don't want to hear that.

Bad comparison.. Oklahoma can't win a BCS game anyway

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Review of Stanford's schedule

2 SEC are in a league of their own. OkState, Wisc, Ok, Boise, Stan are about level and all way behind

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

well said man. i have been saying this shit for years but everyone has some bullshit excuse about why boise can't hang with the "big boys". i don't know what else they can do besides smash everyone they fukking play, right?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7882

Quote Originally Posted by DerekMadden View Post
    Bad comparison.. Oklahoma can't win a BCS game anyway
    no, you just don't want to accept that boise is better than arkansas.

Sunde91

lol Boise

this is the team who plays teams like San Jose State, Air Force, Fresno, etc. 11 of 12 games every single year with 1 above average BCS school

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    Review of Stanford's schedule 2 SEC are in a league of their own. OkState, Wisc, Ok, Boise, Stan are about level and all way behind

there's no chance of having 2 SEC teams in the bcs title game

people need to stop with that pipe dream. There's no way they are gonna put in an SEC team with a late loss in over an undefeated Stanford/Boise/Clemson

a late loss in the season is just absolute death in the current BCS system, even if that loss is to the green bay packers in wisconsin by 3 points while your backup QB plays the whole game

DerekMadden

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post

no, you just don't want to accept that boise is better than arkansas.
    down boy...

Sunde91

brahmbitch I said it would be 2 SEC?

you said the ONLY team like a god damned idiot when Stan has done nothing and there are other contenders

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

There is a 0% chance that Stanford will be 10 point favorites over Oregon. That line will be less than 7.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

why don't we fk over Boise again, its like an annual tradition... they have a solid D and one of the best offenses in the country, they deserve it and when they do actually get their shot in the big game, they won't dissappoint

can't wait to hear numbnuts response to this one
    Well I guess my nut's are numb, Boise needs to pay their due's as Fla St. did in the 80's. Playing 1 or 2 big boy teams does not a season make. They control their schedule, schedule big boy's, go on the road, pay your due's at least 4 or 5 times a year. I would love to see Boise play against Bama/Lsu for the championship. Boise would get destroyed. Everyone else in the NCAA has to account for strength of schedule so does Boise, just the way it is.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State, Clemson, Boise State are all better than Stanford.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Alabama and LSU would make NFL scouts doubtful of drafting Andrew Luck no.1!

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

It wouldn't surprise me if Stanford lost to USC this weekend. They are a good team, don't get me wrong, but they're not a great team. I can't see them beating Oregon, even at home.

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if Stanford lost to USC this weekend. They are a good team, don't get me wrong, but they're not a great team. I can't see them beating Oregon, even at home.
    Title game is going to be Stanford, Oregon, or OSU vs Alabama. Y'all know it. And how is Stanford anything but a great team? You can't name 10 better teams, and if that's the case, then you're a great team.

And Brahma it's funny to see you making this thread since you faded alot of earlir Stanford picks like Stanford-Colorado, lol. Welcome to the wagon

12 Last