t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Northwestern +4 and ML vs. Penn State is the Best College Play of the Week

This is the game that stands out to me for next week's college football card. The Wildcats are much better than their 2-4 record and Penn State isn't as good as their 6-1 record. The Nittany Lions have a really solid defense but the offense is just flat out anemic. The running game has come around but they still struggle to put up points on the board.

Northwestern nearly knocked off a then-undefeated Illinois team in Champaign and followed that with a blown 10 point lead to lose to a really good Michigan team. I think what we are seeing with Northwestern is that they are right on the edge of being a decent team but they just can't put together a whole game. Since Dan Persa has come back the offense has looked really good and I think that this is the week the Wildcats put it all together. This is a really big game for them and they will be looking to avenge a loss in Happy Valley last year. Keep in mind, Northwestern was leading 21-0 last year before blowing that game.

Like I said, PSU's defense is stout, but Northwestern has the weapons to give them some problems and move the ball down the field. No one is better at betting Penn State games on this site than me. Trust me on this one fellas.

Northwestern +4 -110 (4x); ML +155 (1x)

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Possibly the last chance for Pick Six to get a win.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not betting the game yet...may tease it...But Penn States offense is absolutely pathetic, and I don't care how good there Defense is, if they allow 10 points to a "decent" Northwestern Offense, I don't know if Penn State can get in FG range 4 times in that game to win.

good bet.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Not betting the game yet...may tease it...But Penn States offense is absolutely pathetic, and I don't care how good there Defense is, if they allow 10 points to a "decent" Northwestern Offense, I don't know if Penn State can get in FG range 4 times in that game to win. good bet.
    Northwestern will put up 20+

t-wizzle

The Greek holding +3.5 here. Very telling.

Just about every book still has +4. Grab it now before it drops. This one will close at best 3.5, probably 3.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13593

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This is the game that stands out to me for next week's college football card. The Wildcats are much better than their 2-4 record and Penn State isn't as good as their 6-1 record. The Nittany Lions have a really solid defense but the offense is just flat out anemic. The running game has come around but they still struggle to put up points on the board. Northwestern nearly knocked off a then-undefeated Illinois team in Champaign and followed that with a blown 10 point lead to lose to a really good Michigan team. I think what we are seeing with Northwestern is that they are right on the edge of being a decent team but they just can't put together a whole game. Since Dan Persa has come back the offense has looked really good and I think that this is the week the Wildcats put it all together. This is a really big game for them and they will be looking to avenge a loss in Happy Valley last year. Keep in mind, Northwestern was leading 21-0 last year before blowing that game. Like I said, PSU's defense is stout, but Northwestern has the weapons to give them some problems and move the ball down the field. No one is better at betting Penn State games on this site than me. Trust me on this one fellas. Northwestern +4 -110 (4x); ML +155 (1x)
    Don't understand your unit allocation assuming scale 1-5. 4 pts turns the game from a 1 to 4.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the game that stands out to me for next week's college football card. The Wildcats are much better than their 2-4 record and Penn State isn't as good as their 6-1 record. The Nittany Lions have a really solid defense but the offense is just flat out anemic. The running game has come around but they still struggle to put up points on the board.

Northwestern nearly knocked off a then-undefeated Illinois team in Champaign and followed that with a blown 10 point lead to lose to a really good Michigan team. I think what we are seeing with Northwestern is that they are right on the edge of being a decent team but they just can't put together a whole game. Since Dan Persa has come back the offense has looked really good and I think that this is the week the Wildcats put it all together. This is a really big game for them and they will be looking to avenge a loss in Happy Valley last year. Keep in mind, Northwestern was leading 21-0 last year before blowing that game.

Like I said, PSU's defense is stout, but Northwestern has the weapons to give them some problems and move the ball down the field. No one is better at betting Penn State games on this site than me. Trust me on this one fellas.

This isn't a good bet. Penn State has a lot more to play for and is the better football team.

priskilla22

Yeah, and PSU won 35-21... Why would anyone have faith on a team against another team who scored 35 unanswered points on them just the previous year?

priskilla22

2010 - PSU 35-21 over Northwestern
    2009 - PSU 34-13 over Northwestern

Not to mention, PSU dominated Iowa, and Iowa just dominated Northwestern. There isn't much to suggest Northwestern will hang around in this game... PSU's offense isn't very good, but the same pair of QB's they'll be using Saturday had 35 unanswered on Northwestern last year to win 35-21.

priskilla22

And just to compare the defenses a bit... PSU allowed 3 points to Iowa, and the very next week, Northwestern's panty wearing defense gives up 41 to them.

PSU's 4th string defense would start for Northwestern.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

love it

t-wizzle

Ok wiseguy, you seem pretty confident in Penn State. Let's make a wager on it. I get Northwestern +4. Whatever you wanna bet priskilla.

priskilla22

Ok wiseguy, you seem pretty confident in Penn State. Let's make a wager on it. I get Northwestern +4. Whatever you wanna bet priskilla.
    I was actually more trying to figure out why you are so confident in such a bad football team?

You seem to be from PA... are you a Pittsburgh fan? Just seems like you hate PSU to be honest.

I'm a Big 10 football junkie, big Illinois fan, and I can tell you that PSU will by far be the best defense Northwestern has faced this year.

PSU isn't great... that 21 ranking is probably about right... but Northwestern is ranked around 60th or 70th probably, so I'm just trying to get some justification for this play.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Bouncing back and forth between this and Purdue. Methinks I'll just pound the shit out of both of them.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Northwestern has big problems, to bet on them is suicide

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Northwestern has big problems, to bet on them is suicide
    What are their "big problems" exactly?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What are their "big problems" exactly?
    Zero defense

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Zero defense
    That's it? I thought you had some kind of inside info on locker room issues....

Muscles
    Muscles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2096

Playing on the road is a pretty tough thing to do in any conference. NW hasn't had a fully healthy Persa for most of the season and trust me that guy can deal. PSU isn't as good as their 6-1 record goes. I'm all over NW +4 but hesitant on the ML.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Muscles View Post
    Playing on the road is a pretty tough thing to do in any conference. NW hasn't had a fully healthy Persa for most of the season and trust me that guy can deal. PSU isn't as good as their 6-1 record goes. I'm all over NW +4 but hesitant on the ML.
    This will be the worst defense PSU has seen in a few games, and this will be the best defense NW will face all year.

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

lockit up against Brock .....NW win outright..

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Fish View Post
    lockit up against Brock .....NW win outright..
    Ha, Brock is on the right side here. PSU hasn't lost to Northwestern in a long, long time. The games are usually blowouts.

PSU is better than last year and PSU beat NW 35-21 last year.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

F the game.......I'm trying to figure out how priskilla has 1,100+ posts in 27 days. That's JJ Gold pace right there.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post

I was actually more trying to figure out why you are so confident in such a bad football team?

You seem to be from PA... are you a Pittsburgh fan? Just seems like you hate PSU to be honest.

I'm a Big 10 football junkie, big Illinois fan, and I can tell you that PSU will by far be the best defense Northwestern has faced this year.

PSU isn't great... that 21 ranking is probably about right... but Northwestern is ranked around 60th or 70th probably, so I'm just trying to get some justification for this play.
    I haven't lost a Penn State bet in 2 years. Take it for what it's worth. I know this team like the back of my hand.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

NW looked pretty average against a pretty average Iowa team. I see no value in betting on NW this week.

t-wizzle

And no, fukk pittsburgh.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    F the game.......I'm trying to figure out how priskilla has 1,100+ posts in 27 days. That's JJ Gold pace right there.
    I work where I do nothing but study and surf the internet.

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

I've seen every Northwestern game. Their defense is bad, but it is mostly bad decisions in the secondary. They give up big plays on messed up assignments, or a CB getting burned deep. Their run D is not that bad. Illinois could not run at all against them. And they held Michigan very well until the 2nd half. Yes, the Northwestern D is bad, but this may be their best match up with a weak PSU passing attack.

The offense will score points. They outgained Iowa by 100 yds. They just made a few costly turnovers (did the same in the Michigan game). I think NU offense scores 24+, and I don't think PSU will score 24. I think NU D steps up this game.

NU 28 Penn St 17

priskilla22

I haven't lost a Penn State bet in 2 years. Take it for what it's worth. I know this team like the back of my hand.
    PSU is gonna win I'm pretty sure. They might win by 3 or 10.

t-wizzle

PSU is gonna win I'm pretty sure. They might win by 3 or 10.
    Keep betting on the "better team." It's too easy isn't it?

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by lupe View Post
    I've seen every Northwestern game. Their defense is bad, but it is mostly bad decisions in the secondary. They give up big plays on messed up assignments, or a CB getting burned deep. Their run D is not that bad. Illinois could not run at all against them. And they held Michigan very well until the 2nd half. Yes, the Northwestern D is bad, but this may be their best match up with a weak PSU passing attack.

The offense will score points. They outgained Iowa by 100 yds. They just made a few costly turnovers (did the same in the Michigan game). I think NU offense scores 24+, and I don't think PSU will score 24. I think NU D steps up this game.

NU 28 Penn St 17

No way PSU gives up 28 to NW.

priskilla22

Keep betting on the "better team." It's too easy isn't it?

The difference here is that PSU is significantly better than NW.

t-wizzle

The difference here is that PSU is significantly better than NW.
    Then how about if Northwestern wins, you leave the forum. Will you no longer have a pulse if that happens?

priskilla22

Keep betting on a team that never beats its opponent and is far and away inferior talent wise.

PSU dominates Iowa. Iowa dominates Northwestern, and you're all over NW against PSU? Not bright.

priskilla22

Then how about if Northwestern wins, you leave the forum. Will you no longer have a pulse if that happens?
    Sure, if PSU wins, you leave. Deal.

1234 ... Last