Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

KANSAS STATE vs KANSAS -11

Any quality thoughts on this game will be appreciated!

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

I don't know if you would consider this quality info but K State should win this game by 20+. They are a much better team on both sides of the ball. The last two weeks K State has been an underdog (against Mizzou and then this past week against Tech) and have won both games convincingly. Not to mention they had a huge upset when they beat Baylor. If they can beat Tech in Lubbock by 7 then I would expect them to play well again on the road. Also Kansas is not nearly as good as Tech nor is their atmosphere and crowd as influential in outcomes of the game.

Kansas State is a very physical and conservative team. They pound the run and do it well (Much like GT who clobbered Kansas). This helps them maintain clock management while wearing down the defense. Their QB has proved to be a beast at running and when he has to, can make a good pass.

The only reason I can think of why this line is so low is because OU struggled against Kansas for a quarter or two before blowing them out. This is my play of the week. I'm sorry if this input isn't anything concrete but now that K State is ranked so well, look for them to pound this Kansas team and continue to little by little prove to the nation that they deserve a little more respect than they have been getting. Every week they have looked better and I hope they don't slow down now.

Good luck to you brotha.

Urbanwildlife

@ csknight,
    Thank you for a great post, and your thoughts coincide with mine. I very much appreciated you taking the time to share your views of this game with me.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

You need more of my insights.

Urbanwildlife

Sure do my friend!

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like to think it's good.. on paper is good.. but u know a lot of ppl got beat up lastweek hahaha...
    I was glad i came out ahead
    I don't know why I have a funny feeling about this game....

weatherhawg
    weatherhawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 470

I only see two dangers in this game - 1) It's a sandwich game between a close road game against Texas Tech and Oklahoma, and 2) It's an instate Rivalry game. K-State should have no problem moving the ball...KU's run defense is awful. I could have run through some of the holes OU opened up (and I'm a 300 lb offensive tackle!) I'd take KSU if it weren't for the fact that they just played a road game the previous week. As it stands now, I'll probably stay away... The line seems attractive but KState is due for a letdown at some point...

Pickma$ter
    Pickma$ter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 403

I will need to dig deeper into this game, but I can tell right off the bat that Vegas wants you lay the points with K-state. One of my concerns is KU has a pretty good offense. Only team to stop them was OU and it took them until the second half to do it. Bill Synder is a good coach so he might dial something up. But need to check a few things out on this game.

Urbanwildlife

You are exactly right weatherhawg, and I am going to jump on this game for 5 or 6 dimes in the morning if the line is still at -11. My house effective today, put a nickle limit on Sunday night bets, which suck for people like myself who generally wager large amounts.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Great thread. I think there has been a lot of great insight post. For me, this is a nice line that popped out to me. I will play it before line goes up on k state and tease to -5. I think KU played over their head vs Oklahoma (NOTE: OU may have had a let down post texas? KU had a lot of injuries in that game)
    BOL fellow cappers

Urbanwildlife

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

I agree with the poster that said this line looks fishy. Something may be up, but when it boils down to it Kansas is absolutely horrible. They went almost the enitre second half without a FIRST DOWN at home on saturday. Plus, KSU has been undervalued the past 3 weeks. They were home and road underdogs and people called "trap" game...wrong both times. Trap or not, there is no way you can back Kansas here. KSU or no play imo. BOL

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Saw it open at 15. Beware

Urbanwildlife

slim dog
    slim dog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7766

Why the line? KU hung with OU for a half. OU obviously did not come out ready to play. Everyone is expecting KSU to have a let down. In-state rival. Game at KU.
    I've simply stated this the last four games for Kansas State. Better run game, better coach, better defence. I was looking for someone's big play this week on the Jayhawks. Here are some facts from someone that lives right between these two schools.
    Kansas State will have close to 10,000 fans there. (I'd be surprised if more then 45 showed up). Bill Snyder has won all five times when ranked KSU has visited Lawrence, outscoring KU 229-44- an average of 45.8 to 8.8. Bill Snyder has won all eight times when ranked playing KU outscoring the Jayhawks 366-76- an average of 46 to 9.5. Kansas is 2-17 against Big 12 opponents since 2009. Big 12 opponents have outscored KU 784-386- an average of 41.3 to 20.3 in that time. Kansas has lost 7of 8 against top 25 teams since 2009. Opponents have outscored KU 41.3 to 16.3 in those games. Kansas opponents averaging 627 yards and 57 pts the last four games. I know KSU is better then they were last year, and KU is not any better. The score last year in a game that was also played in Lawerence, 59-7 Kansas State winning easily. Bill usually does not let off the pedal when playing KU.
    Kansas State or nothing here!
    Last edited by slim dog; 10-17-11 at 04:24 PM.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you for your input slim dog, and moments ago I actually put 5 dimes on KSU. I would be very very surprised if they do not cover this spread, and that is why I bet so much.

slim dog

The only way they don't cover this is if they turn the ball over. KU has been turning the ball over at a high rate, while Kansas state doesnt. I like your chances.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

play the over in this game

Kansas will score 25-35 points in this game and KSU should get 30+ points themselves

Urbanwildlife

I already played Kansas State for 5 dimes, as I see no way in hell that Kansas with there little or no offense can keep up with Kansas State. I do appreciate your posting though Brahmabull117.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I already played Kansas State for 5 dimes, as I see no way in hell that Kansas with there little or no offense can keep up with Kansas State. I do appreciate your posting though Brahmabull117.

who told you KU has no offense?? They average around 33 points per game

csknight3
    csknight3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1073

If Kansas St beat kansas 59-7 last year, I think they can handle them -11 this year. Both teams have probably improved but K St way more than KU. Kansas has no offense compared to Tech and K St handled them fine.

Urbanwildlife

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    who told you KU has no offense?? They average around 33 points per game
    Really Brahmabull117, you go ahead and take them then to cover. Good luck to you. I am very confident in my selection of Kansas State.
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 10-17-11 at 07:58 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Really Brahmabull117, you go ahead and take them then to cover. Good luck to you. I am very confident in my selection of Kansas State.

I'm not taking a side in this game, no way in hell will I lay money on KU but KSU has 1 win ALL YEAR by more than 10 points

you're laying 11 points on the road on a team that beat Eastern Kentucky by 3 points at home. I'm just telling you there's wayyyyyyyyyy better plays on the board than KSU

Urbanwildlife

and look at the quality of competition they have played and beat.

Schedule/Results Previous Games Week Date Opponent Result Record
    1 Sat., Sep 3 Eastern Kentucky W 10-7 1-0
    3 Sat., Sep 17 Kent State W 37-0 2-0
    4 Sat., Sep 24 @Miami (FL) W 28-24 3-0
    5 Sat., Oct 1 Baylor W 36-35 4-0
    6 Sat., Oct 8 Missouri W 24-17 5-0
    7 Sat., Oct 15 @Texas Tech W 41-34 6-0

slim dog

The first game was on the coach. Bill came out and said his bad, he only gave them 15% of the offence. He did not think they needed more then that for the game. Take it for what it's worth.

Kansas State has been outgained by the last four opponents, but won the time of possession in all four. Outgained because they are scoring on defence and special teams. Those four games are high flying offences. Held Baylor to 14 pts in the second half and lowest point total for all of their games to date. Held Mizz to it's lowest pt. total of the year. Gave up 326 yards to Mizz after Mizz put up 532 at OU. TT had 30 more offensive plays then Kansas State, but Kansas State won the time of possession by 7 Minutes. Held TT to their lowest total of the season. Held Miami to it's lowest point total of the season (24). This will be Kansas States weakest offence they have faced in weeks.

Urbanwildlife

Thank you again slim dog for taking the time to post your quality contribution as it is much appreciated! Good luck to you on your pics this week! Take the stroll to the pay window, enjoying every step of it to the fullest!

Urbanwildlife

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13617

This seems like a no-brainer for all the 3 and 4 team teaser guys. Hard to imagine a team with the god awful D of Kansas actually winning out right.

Urbanwildlife

Totally agree with you Madison. I am very surprised more people are not considering this game, with the way Kansas State has played all year, and the same goes for Kansas.

Urbanwildlife

skjjb4
    skjjb4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1070

I see the line opened up at -15 and now down to -11. looks like 94% of wagers on KSTATE. and no line change yet. This tells me a trap game from Vegas. I know Kstate is undefeated. Last week the had a TD off a interception and kick return. THey have been outgained the last two games. KU will run and run well, this will open the passing game. KStATE also has OU next weekend. I am waiting until Sat. to lay my money on KU. I hope this line climbs to over 14 but no matter what I Like KU. REmemnber there is no easy winners against the spread. When a game looks this easy then something is up. GL whichever way you play.

m0stwanted
    m0stwanted's Avatar Become A Pro!

staying away from this game

Seaton420
    Seaton420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im all over this game..i bought a point i got Kstate -10 even though i think they win by 20. Kansas has played like shit all year and K-state has played and beat some great teams. State is better on all sides of the ball and will cover. dont listen top stupid logic like theyre due for a let down game. Last year K-state squashed em like they were playing a high school team.

Urbanwildlife

Nice post again Seaton420, and I could not agree with you more. Good luck and enjoy your stroll to the pay window!

mugsey15
    mugsey15's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I am a huge KU fan. Watched all their games so far and most of ksu's. I'm personally not playing this game simply because ku hasn't put 4 quarters together this year. Ku had played the 4rd toughest as all opponents have been undefeated when playing them. The defense made huge strides against OU. The running game is very solid and they have 4 solid running backs that can break any run. If the ku qb Jordan Webb throws the ball better ku will have plenty of opportunities to cover and possible win outright. At the same time I would not be shocked if the lose by 21 or more. Ku plays a bunch of true freshman so they are learning on the job. Best of luck with whatever anyone decides.

12 Last