Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Oklahoma vs Florida!

Ok guys.... I'm 18-7 in the bowl games.... and it all come down to the Championship game. I notice a lot of people are on Florida. I have studied long and hard on this game..... and my pick for this game is......

OKLAHOMA +4

As much as I want to ride the Florida bandwagon with you guys I just cant. My ONLY worry in this game is that Oklahoma has not prepared for Percy Harvin. The zone type defense that OU runs will provide mismatches for Harvin. HOWEVER...... I'm confident that Stoops.... with plenty of time to prepare.... will have a plan for him.

I'm going to try to keep this short so I'm not going into all of the reasons I like OU but I'll talk about some....

The main reason I am taking OU is because of their offense. They are the 1st team to score 60+ points in 5 straight games. Their offense is on a roll! I know I know..... all of you Big 12 bashers will say that the Big 12 sucks and that ANYONE could do that. But come on..... NOBODY could score 60+ points in a row..... not even Florida.

Looking at Florida this year..... let's just look at scores.....
    They beat Miami 26-3 (it was 9-3 at the half)
    They beat a BAD Tenn team (30-6)
    They LOST to Miss 30-31

Ok so far not really impressive to me.....

They got better after the Miss loss....

In the SEC Champ game they went back and forth with Alabama and were actually down 20-17 after 3 Quarters. Florida scored 14 in the 4th to win by 11.

Utah scored 31 against Alabama..... just like Florida.

I know you cant compare scores.... and I know Florida would kill Utah.

But my point is this.... I think OU has a CHANCE to win this game. OU is better than Alabama (who was beating Florida after 3 quarters) OUs offense vs Alabamas offense is far superior!

I think we are in for an excellent game. I think this game will be back and forth all night and whoever has the ball last wins. Getting 4 OU doesnt have to win....... they just have to be in the game.

My prediction is OU 45 Florida 42

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Ok guys.... I'm 18-7 in the bowl games.... and it all come down to the Championship game. I notice a lot of people are on Florida. I have studied long and hard on this game..... and my pick for this game is......

OKLAHOMA +4

As much as I want to ride the Florida bandwagon with you guys I just cant. My ONLY worry in this game is that Oklahoma has not prepared for Percy Harvin. The zone type defense that OU runs will provide mismatches for Harvin. HOWEVER...... I'm confident that Stoops.... with plenty of time to prepare.... will have a plan for him.

I'm going to try to keep this short so I'm not going into all of the reasons I like OU but I'll talk about some....

The main reason I am taking OU is because of their offense. They are the 1st team to score 60+ points in 5 straight games. Their offense is on a roll! I know I know..... all of you Big 12 bashers will say that the Big 12 sucks and that ANYONE could do that. But come on..... NOBODY could score 60+ points in a row..... not even Florida.

They LOST to Miss 30-31

In the SEC Champ game they went back and forth with Alabama and were actually down 20-17 after 3 Quarters. Florida scored 14 in the 4th to win by 11.

But my point is this.... I think OU has a CHANCE to win this game. OU is better than Alabama (who was beating Florida after 3 quarters) OUs offense vs Alabamas offense is far superior!

I think we are in for an excellent game. I think this game will be back and forth all night and whoever has the ball last wins. Getting 4 OU doesnt have to win....... they just have to be in the game.

See this is what happens at the end of the bowl season people start comparing teams wins and losses. Rivalry games are different.
    Point Florida did not blow team out of the water coming out of the gates. They get up and pull back. OK was trying to score there way to game successful I might add.
    Alabama Florida very close
    Texas and OU close OU lost the game for crying out loud.

If your going to compare games you have to compare them all.
    The closest games OU played were
    TX 45-35
    TCU 35-10
    KSstate 58-35
    Kansas 45-31

So are willing to tell me that Floridas Defense does not top these teams.

SEC will play the SEC tough. Its a defensive conference just like Big 12 is offensive. It does not make you better if you try to embarrass the teams in your conference win the game is in the bag.

Defense wins Championships and your looking at scores

"Looking at Florida this year..... let's just look at scores.....
    They LOST to Miss 30-31"
    d your looking at scores

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

My man, we agreed on Tulsa tonight and we agree on Oklahoma as well, lets get this cash.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Florida is the obvious play here based solely on how these conferemces have done this bowl season.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

as much as i hate florida, there is no way to prepare for their speed. Let alone prepare for a guy like harvin.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

Alabama was playing some impressive football when they played Florida. Their bowl appearance, however, was pitiful. How does Florida's defense not concern you Oklahoma backers? Florida may not be able to consistently put up 60 points (no reputable SEC team would allow that) a game, but nobody's going to put up 60 on Florida, and that's for sure.

Florida wins by at least a touchdown. And I'm fine with under 70.5

Husker36

I agree that Florida has the better D. Florida will slow down the nations best offense.... but they wont STOP them. OU should be able to score 31+ on Florida. How many points do you think Florida is going to score? You think Florida is going to drop 60+ on OU when then havent been able to do that against anyone good this year?? OU is far better than Texas..... everyone knows that and agrees with that...... just like Florida is far superior than Ole Miss. You cant compare one game or scores. I don't see how this isn't going to be a good game.... a coin flip. I'll take +4 every day in a coin flip. Add the fact that EVERY SQUARE in the world is on Florida makes me like it even more. Not betting the bank on this game because ANYTHING can happen. (Bradford goes down...... a late pick 6 in the final seconds.... etc) But I'm putting the same $1100 on it that I put on Tulsa.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida's D doesn't scare me, because Oklahoma is a bunch of MEN. Bradford will have all day to throw to his beast wide receivers against a very small Florida defense.

DaChosen1FoSho
    DaChosen1FoSho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

thinking of taking OU and the under. Won't decide till tomorrow morning though. Maybe it will go up to +6 by the time I bet it.

The General
    The General's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Defense has to be a worry for the Sooners bettors and Tebow is as good as his reputation IMO. Now, if OU can stop Tebow's rushing yards I think they have a great chance at winning this game. Tebow is as good a QB/RB as I have ever seen. He is very impressive with nice strength. When the game was set I was liking OU as much as any team, before the Big 12 defensive showing thus far, but on any given day any team can win, esp cover ATS in this type game. See Texas and V Young vs USC as example a couple years back. And I lost my arse on that one on an in-game wager at Pinnacle with about 4-5 mins to go and the the turnaround that happened when all USC had to do was get us a 1st down or 2 late and it was a Lock. I'll never forget that game.

I am very worried that the OU defense cannot play well enough to stop the overall speed and esp the talent of Tebow here. I have laid pretty quiet during all of these 2008/09 Bowl games since they are so hard to handicap in a one game scenario as I see it.

I wish all of you the best of luck and hope we have a great game. I'll pass on wagering and hope for a great football game.

I will miss college football more than anyone.

It is my favorite sport by far and because the collegiate athletes play with much heart and passion.

GL, everyone and enjoy the game.

I would look at 2 things.

-On any given day (one day), either of these teams can win.
    -Fade the public opinion. It is a longterm good thing and wagering success, esp big TV games.

carrenzo
    carrenzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes

OKLAHOMA +4

They LOST to Miss 30-31

It's going to be a great game.
    Lets take my stage coach to Fla then head to the bank after.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why play this one at +4, when you should be able to get it at +7 or maybe even +7.5 by tomorrow???

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by riggs View Post
    Why play this one at +4, when you should be able to get it at +7 or maybe even +7.5 by tomorrow???
    Not a huge difference between +4 and +6 but if it does go to +7 I'll put 2k on it. I dont see any way Florida wins this by 7+.

Dfjay9
    Dfjay9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3196

Quote Originally Posted by strictlywinners View Post
    Florida's D doesn't scare me, because Oklahoma is a bunch of MEN. Bradford will have all day to throw to his beast wide receivers against a very small Florida defense.
    I hope thats a joke. OK's OLine is built like a rock correct. But it also moves like a rock. Have you studied the movement from Florida? They confuse the hell out of OLines. Dunlap off the side and Spikes down the middle is enouh to make a tackle or guard cry. Bradford eats more dirt tonight than he has all season.

Florida -10 +150 for me. (to win 1 unit)

Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got Oklahoma at freakin +7.5, money in the bank!!! (No, I did not buy any points)

jcljack25
    jcljack25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line has moved to 6

if it goes to 7, I may hedge my FL -4 200 with 150 Ok +7 and hope for a 5-6 pt FL win.

Husker36

WAIT!!!! STOP!!!!!! I'm Changing my pick to FLORIDA!!!! I just found out from other posters on here that Florida is the best team ever in the history of college football! So maybe I should change my pick!?!?!?!

Just curious..... because I have only seen Florida on tv 3-4 times and live once this season........

This Florida team..... that is BEST TEAM EVER..... never tires and has the fastest defense in the history of college football...... (really strange because I tought everyone was saying this about USC all season.... but apparently USC has loaned their super powers to Florida for this game) I'm just curious what happened against them when they played......

Ole Miss...... which they lost 30-31 (TT's offense scored more than Florida on them..... )
    Tennessee..... (the game that I went to) they could only score 30 points against a really bad UT team.... so bad that they fired their coach.
    Alabama...... they had only 17 points after 3 Quarters... against ALABAMA????

All I'm saying is that Florida is NOT GOING TO SHUT DOWN OU! It's not going to happen. Maybe OU doesnt score 65 points like they did every other game.... but they will get 30+. You really think Florida is going to score 40+ points when they couldnt against....
    Miami
    Tennessee
    Ole Miss
    Arkansas
    Alambama

NO!!! I'm not changing my pick! My book now has OU +6. If it does go to +7 I'll put another $1100 on OU and if it goes to 7.5 I'll put ANOTHER $1100.

All the squares in the world are on Florida which is great to hear!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

florida wins cause Tebow loves Jesus.
    nuff said

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    nuff said
    Then why isnt TCU undefeated??

mmike032

Then why isnt TCU undefeated??
    cause TCU didnt go to 3rd world countries and circumsize poverty stricken babies.

Tebow is the choosen one
    just listen to ESPN

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfjay9 View Post
    I hope thats a joke. OK's OLine is built like a rock correct. But it also moves like a rock. Have you studied the movement from Florida? They confuse the hell out of OLines. Dunlap off the side and Spikes down the middle is enouh to make a tackle or guard cry. Bradford eats more dirt tonight than he has all season.

Florida -10 +150 for me. (to win 1 unit)
    This. Oklahoma is a great team, but Florida's defence will be the difference. Florida-4

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

nuff said
    However Oak Capt on the D line was on the 707 Clib program last night.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by Vonnegut View Post
    This. Oklahoma is a great team, but Florida's defence will be the difference. Florida-4
    I will give a SLIGHT edge to the Florida D. And I give a HUGE edge to the OU O. FLORIDA WILL NOT SHUT DOWN OU. It's not going to happen. You play a team that has scored 60+ points in 5 straight games and shut them down. IF Florida holds OU to 31 points tonight..... they need 38 to cover.

OU does have a D folks.

mmike032

no one has mentioned special teams.
    FLa has great special teams with one of the best return men in the country. they have ability to block punts also. special teams could be the diference in this one.

Husker36

no one has mentioned special teams.
    FLa has great special teams with one of the best return men in the country. they have ability to block punts also. special teams could be the diference in this one.
    I love Florida's special teams. They are fun to watch on punts. The way the D-line moves around like a bunch of wild men is fun.

as Corso would say......I still think OU keeps it closer than the EXPERTS think!

I can't believe I'm cheering for the Sooners!! I hate them!

GO OU!!!!!

Husker36

You have all heard the story......

Once upon a time, there was a man, who used to go to the ocean to do his writing. One day he was walking along the shore he saw a young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up something and very gently throwing it into the ocean.
    As he got closer, he called out, "Good morning! What are you doing?" The young man paused, looked up and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."

"I guess I should have asked, Why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" "The sun is up and the tide is going out. And if I don't throw them in they'll die."
    "But young man, don't you realize that there are miles and miles of beach and starfish all along it. You can't possibly make a difference!"
    The young man listened politely. Then bent down, picked up another starfish and threw it into the sea, past the breaking waves. "It made a difference for that one!"

I've said it once and I'll say it again..... I'm just here to hopefully help ONE person. I could care less who wins or loses money on tonights game. I dont think any of you winners are going to send me some money and I'm not helping any of you pay for your losses. BUT..... if I can get ONE person........ away from the "dark side" and to win some money on OU then my job here is done.

You know what they say.... .fighting on the internet is like the Special Olympics. Even if you win you're still retarded!

The General

We're seeing the RB Tebow now and that is not good for OU if it continues. I am unsure how to stop it. Defense is getting tired.

The General

Is Bradford a Vince Young? I do not think so.

SCOREBOARD Tebow aka Namath