priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

The SEC is extremely overrated overall

Not sure why 10 teams are riding the coattails of Alabama and LSU, but besides those 2, the other 10 teams in the SEC range from horrible to mediocre.

Elite defenses, right? More like incompetent QBs. Watching this Auburn/Florida game is like watching two blind chimps try to hump a banana.

priskilla22

Florida just shooting themselves in the foot over and over and over again.

Utah State had ZERO problem moving the ball on this Auburn defense.

priskilla22

How can a D1 football team not have someone who can catch a punt?

Florida is god awful.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

SEC still overall better than any other conference and its not even close

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

The offense for Florida was dialed down to one tortoise with no legs because their qbs are clueless. Remember all the qbs on floridas bench never played QB before. They were all American curlers from Canada.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    SEC still overall better than any other conference and its not even close
    Eh, I think all we know at this point is that LSU and Alabama are very good...

The SEC's top teams are better than other conferences' top teams PROBABLY, but you really can't say that teams like Auburn or Florida are better than other conferences' upper half.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    The offense for Florida was dialed down to one tortoise with no legs because their qbs are clueless. Remember all the qbs on floridas bench never played QB before. They were all American curlers from Canada.
    Florida just played horrible. The fact Auburn let them hang around is very bad for Auburn.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Eh, I think all we know at this point is that LSU and Alabama are very good...

The SEC's top teams are better than other conferences' top teams PROBABLY, but you really can't say that teams like Auburn or Florida are better than other conferences' upper half.
    South Carolina, Auburn, Arkansas are all good teams not to mention 2 of the best 3 teams in the country are in the SEC

Florida, Georgia, Ms State would be good teams in most other conferences

Guess we'll find out in bowl season yet again that the SEC reigns supreme overall

Gimmie a conference you think is better (or close) top to bottom??

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

South Carolina, Auburn, Arkansas are all good teams not to mention 2 of the best 3 teams in the country are in the SEC

Guess we'll find out in bowl season yet again that the SEC reigns supreme overall

He's gonna start talking about Penn State and how his alma mater recruits rapists (Tenn). He did the same shit last week MLD.

sportman1313
    sportman1313's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone who really believes the sec is overrated doesn't know college football...sorry man, not tryna flame u but the sec is far far superior to other conferences as a whole. To say otherwise is just false

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure why 10 teams are riding the coattails of Alabama and LSU, but besides those 2, the other 10 teams in the SEC range from horrible to mediocre.

Elite defenses, right? More like incompetent QBs. Watching this Auburn/Florida game is like watching two blind chimps try to hump a banana.
    You are an idiot; the SEC has been superior for quite some time.
    All facts point that way.
    Yes, this year FLA has injuries at QB and Auburn lost its Heisman QB. What a genius you are.
    I am not an SEC alumin, a gambler.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Ever heard of the Arkansas Razorbacks? Word has it they're pretty damn good too.

priskilla22

See, this is an SEC way of thinking.

How is Florida a good team when their offense was 1/100th as good as Utah State was against the same defense in Auburn?

You can't argue with SEC fans, I've realized that. And by the way, over the last decade and a half, the Big 10 and the SEC are pretty much split in head to head bowl game match ups. And if you take out those cheaters from Ohio STate, the Big 10 holds a big advantage.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    Yes, this year FLA has injuries at QB and Auburn lost its Heisman QB. What a genius you are.
    All of the talent in Florida, yet their offense is significantly worse than Utah State's.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by sportman1313 View Post
    Anyone who really believes the sec is overrated doesn't know college football...sorry man, not tryna flame u but the sec is far far superior to other conferences as a whole. To say otherwise is just false
    People say the SEC is miles and miles better than any other conference.

The SEC is better, but the miles and miles better is where the overrated part comes in.

Outside of LSU and Alabama, anyone in the SEC can be beat by pretty much anyone.

Miss State struggled with an 0-5 UAB team last week
    Auburn should have lost to Utah State but SEC officials nipped that in the bud
    Georgia was dominated at home by Boise State

The SEC has a lot of bad teams: Vandy, Kentucky, Ole Miss, UT, Florida, Miss State

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    He's gonna start talking about Penn State and how his alma mater recruits rapists (Tenn). He did the same shit last week MLD.
    Are you going to start trolling again? You do this every weekend. And hey, put up a picture of a naked woman. That'll throw us off the tail of your likely homosexuality.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    I'm talking about THIS year.

THIS year, Auburn and Florida aren't very good.

The purchase of Cam Newton did make Auburn good last year, but that doesn't change that they aren't good this year.

Alabama might beat Auburn by 40.

mstone897

Are you going to start trolling again? You do this every weekend. And hey, put up a picture of a naked woman. That'll throw us off the tail of your likely homosexuality.
    You're the one that trolls by posting idiotic comments every saturday and making a fool of yourself. You're a classless piece of shit. I could care less what you think of me. You try and act like you're the better man in every one of your threads but you constantly insult people who disagree with you bc you can't handle it. One day you're gonna get your ass kicked when you open your mouth when someone is standing in front of you and you're not hiding behind your computer screen. Then you can take your law degree and sue that person that breaks your ******* jaw bc you can't handle it like a man.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I'm a Gator fan and I agree that UF sucks bad. The past 2 years have been the worst Gator teams since 1980. Real tough to see a team lay in it's own feces week after week. Even the bowl game last year against PSU was more of PSU sucking a little bit more. This team could possibly lose to any team in CFB because the offense is so inept.

Just because UF sucks doesn't really mean the entire SEC is overrated though.

priskilla22

You're the one that trolls by posting idiotic comments every saturday and making a fool of yourself. You're a classless piece of shit. I could care less what you think of me. You try and act like you're the better man in every one of your threads but you constantly insult people who disagree with you bc you can't handle it. One day you're gonna get your ass kicked when you open your mouth when someone is standing in front of you and you're not hiding behind your computer screen. Then you can take your law degree and sue that person that breaks your ******* jaw bc you can't handle it like a man.
    If you don't like my threads, don't post in them. Just because you are immature, uneducated, and unintelligent doesn't mean you should be angry at others who aren't those things.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I'm a Gator fan and I agree that UF sucks bad. The past 2 years have been the worst Gator teams since 1980. Real tough to see a team lay in it's own feces week after week. Even the bowl game last year against PSU was more of PSU sucking a little bit more. This team could possibly lose to any team in CFB because the offense is so inept.

Just because UF sucks doesn't really mean the entire SEC is overrated though.
    Kentucky is atrocious
    Vanderbilt is atrocious
    Florida is mediocre
    Tennessee is atrocious
    Miss State is bad
    Ole Miss is bad.

That is half of the conference that is bad. When people usually brag about the SEC, they say it is really tough from top to bottom and that isn't the case. The SEC is very, very top heavy. After the top 3-4, it is pretty weak.

mstone897

If you don't like my threads, don't post in them. Just because you are immature, uneducated, and unintelligent doesn't mean you should be angry at others who aren't those things.
    No one likes your threads bc they make no sense. You're arguments are useless. It's a public forum though so we respond. Unless you'd rather talk to yourself in here like you did for the first 3 posts. There you go insulting me again. Stay classy, Tennessee.

priskilla22

No one likes your threads bc they make no sense. You're arguments are useless. It's a public forum though so we respond. Unless you'd rather talk to yourself in here like you did for the first 3 posts. There you go insulting me again. Stay classy, Tennessee.

If you don't know 2nd grade grammar, you shouldn't be posting on the internet picking fights with people.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Big 12 might be the best conference this year. It's damn close tho.

mstone897

If you don't know 2nd grade grammar, you shouldn't be posting on the internet picking fights with people.
    Ohhhhh big law school man can correct me on one tiny mistake. All that money and you can't even put together a logical argument.

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

1 of the top 3 is gonna win the BCS. Alabama or LSU. The only one I'd also consider is OU.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

So this guy thinks the SEC is overrated and the Pac-12 is a joke. Uhhh... You might want to actually talk about some truly terrible conferences like the Big East and ACC. SEC is the best and Pac-12 is right there with Big-10 and Big-12. Maybe a little bit behind.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

not sure what has went on between you two, and i don't really care. you really make yourself look like the one with no class tho posting stuff like this. everyone here is entitled to their own opinion...that is kind of the concept of this forum. if you don't agree then i am sure you could find a little better response than "one day you're gonna get your ass kicked"...lol. we are all here to talk sports and enjoy this forum...nobody here wants to read bs like this.

yD
    yD's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last 5 National Championships have gone to SEC teams, 3 of them to the teams you've mentioned.

It is more an "overall" thing. Because Florida and Auburn are not good right now, this means the SEC is overrated? When they pull in top 5 recruiting classes and one is the defending champion that just lost the future NFL Rookie of the year?

Maybe this year, it is a litle overrated, but everyone knows Florida and Auburn will be back. Really, having only LSU and Bama for this year is all any conference would need to be called the best. They are crazy good.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

You haven't watched CFB very long obviously. Comparing last nights game to the season opener vs utah state is a mistake. If you bet the same way you think, you will be broke before season's end. GL.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    You haven't watched CFB very long obviously. Comparing last nights game to the season opener vs utah state is a mistake. If you bet the same way you think, you will be broke before season's end. GL.

I know the SEC is the best. But outside of Alabama and LSU, the other 10 SEC teams all have significant problems and can lose to anyone in the country.

I'm actually an SEC alum, so I know how SEC fans think. They think that because THEY are in the SEC (any school's teams) that they are automatically better than any other team. I actually know UT fans that brag about how amazing the SEC is and how they are amazing simply for being in the conference. UT is a bad football team and has been for a long time. They'd be a bad football team in every conference except the Big East. But they think they are great b/c they are in the SEC.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by yD View Post
    The last 5 National Championships have gone to SEC teams, 3 of them to the teams you've mentioned.

It is more an "overall" thing. Because Florida and Auburn are not good right now, this means the SEC is overrated? When they pull in top 5 recruiting classes and one is the defending champion that just lost the future NFL Rookie of the year?

Maybe this year, it is a litle overrated, but everyone knows Florida and Auburn will be back. Really, having only LSU and Bama for this year is all any conference would need to be called the best. They are crazy good.
    You can have all of the talent in the world, but if you have bad QB play, you will struggle. Lots of SEC teams have really horrendous QB play this year.

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    not sure what has went on between you two, and i don't really care. you really make yourself look like the one with no class tho posting stuff like this. everyone here is entitled to their own opinion...that is kind of the concept of this forum. if you don't agree then i am sure you could find a little better response than "one day you're gonna get your ass kicked"...lol. we are all here to talk sports and enjoy this forum...nobody here wants to read bs like this.
    Appreciate the comments. What you said is exactly my point. He has a few threads where people disagree with him and rather than just discussing it he flips out and insults them. I'm just pointing out that he shouldn't run his mouth like that.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

You try to say outside of Bama and LSU the SEC is not any good, well take the top 2 schools out of any conference and they suck just as bad if not worse. So your post lacks knowledge and the understanding of NCAA football. SEC is the best conference

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

All you need is Bama and LSU!!

12 Last