No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Another lazy Vegas line: USC -3

I'm just watching this game -- don't know much about either team, so no play here. Cal is atrocious. Maynard looks like a high school QB out there. WTF was up with this line?

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

telling you - noticed over the past year that they give away games on thursday nights. all easy square plays. only one that wasnt all season was Pitt.

This happened last year...they do it to keep people honest and figure they get it back on the weekend.

Annoying....but they are trying to keep you honest.

tcarn01
    Shockers!!!!!
    tcarn01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 595

haha..just what we were saying..both teams look high school ish...unbelievable......i am w/ you no coin...wtf is this ..espn could throw out something better than this couldn't they in prime time...thank god for bases tonight...i would have killed mylsef..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    telling you - noticed over the past year that they give away games on thursday nights. all easy square plays. only one that wasnt all season was Pitt.

This happened last year...they do it to keep people honest and figure they get it back on the weekend.

Annoying....but they are trying to keep you honest.
    Books are getting killed on the weekends too bro.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

highly doubt the books are getting "killed" They have kept people honest with some easy plays, but over all, I would say they are not getting killed. I wouldnt believe everything you read on these BS betting sites like Covers, Here and Vegas Insider....

of course they are going to tell everyone how they are getting killed.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Is USC truly elite anymore?

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Well the game is not over yet and Cal just scored, but there were quite a bit of factors pointing to USC here, which are all proving true so far.

I think the idea of "traps" and all that sort of thinking is no longer applicable in the new sports market with Pinnacle leading the way to some extent.

Now, I'm not saying reading line movement is no longer a viable way to make some profit. However, I think a lot of the "old" rules we used to follow about fading the public, trap lines, etc., are antiquated concepts which are relevant less and less as the markets expand.

Personally, everyone is best served to cap the game, calculate the probability of each team winning/covering, compare that to what the books offer and bet where the best value lies. I think in today's sports investing arena, line movement should be used to support a play or to perhaps add to your stake, however, line movement, traps, etc. should not be the primary or deciding factor in a play in this day and age.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm just watching this game -- don't know much about either team, so no play here. Cal is atrocious. Maynard looks like a high school QB out there. WTF was up with this line?

I don't think the line was that bad, based on the games these teams have played this season. If this game was actually played 100 times, the score would be much closer, however Cal doesn't have that luxury

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Both of tese teams are horible.

USC had the benefit of 5 extra possession.s of of turnovers, and only won by 3 possessions. They dominated TOP, and Yards per play yet still played mediocre.

There is not any amount of money I wouldn't put ON Notre Dame next week vs USC. USC's coaching is poor.