Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Ball State vs. Tulsa

This game seems to be under the radar. There is some heavy movement towards Tulsa, I've seen it as high as -4. I know Ball St.'s coach is gone, and the Buffalo/Uconn game doesn't make the M.A.C. look so good, but if Tulsa was the play, why didn't this line move sooner? Any late injuries to be noted? Any other info or opinions?

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

You said it all. the MAC is not much as a conference. Just a cut above the Sun Belt.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take Tulsa -2.5 as soon as you can...

you'll thank me later

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

I don't know guys, this one smells a little funny to me!

CBBPhenom
    CBBPhenom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tulsa's a big play, I got it -1

BigTuna
    BigTuna's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1010

CBBPhenom-- followed some of your picks... can you get into why you believe in Tulsa so much? Most of your other picks have been right on....

Thanks and keep up the good work

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I happen to like Tulsa as well, and took the game when Tulsa was at -1.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Did all these people pounding Tulsa watch the Conf. USA championship game? Dave Johnson threw 5 picks and completely gave the game away! He was staring down receivers and forcing throw after throw! Tulsa was only 2-4 ATS on the road and they have only 8 picks on defense w/32 TD passes allowed! The MAC isn't much but what does it say about Conf. USA when their champ (E. Carolina) loses to a bad 6-6 Kentucky team?
    I know BS's coach left but Stan Parrish (O-coord.) is coaching this game and BS has never won a bowl game in their history so I'm sure they'll be pumped up! QB Nate Davis has NFL talent and while he also struggled in the MAC champ. game it was due to some freakish fumbles including get cartwheeled near the endzone! I feel BS has a defensive advantage including a solid secondary that allowed 14 TD/16 Ints. Lastly BS is solid on special teams and Tulsa's kicker has a long of 37 yds on the season!
    Should be an exciting shootout but I think BS ML is the play here...the public has moved the game 4-5 points but BS will be ready to play and win the first bowl game in school history! They're better defensively with the superior QB!

GL!

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I don't know about a superior QB. Also, BS goes undefeated and then gets upset in the MAC championship game. Then they get put out of the picture in a big bowl. I think they are down. On the other hand, I don't know about Tulsa. They give up WAY too many points and only try to outscore people. Seems like it will be a shootout but I might just stay away.

Mr Handicapable

Even if BS went undefeated they weren't going anywhere big coming out of the MAC! The talk was that a undefeated Boise/BS matchup fell threw before the MAC Champ. and all that talk that week caused them to overlook Buffalo! I've watched Nate Davis alot and he's NEVER had a game half as bad as David Johnson did in his last game! Nate Davis will play on Sundays for somebody! BS is also trying for the FIRST BOWL WIN in school history so I think they'll be ready to play mentally! I don't think Tulsa has seen a RB as good as Lewis (1700 yds/22 TDs) either!
    Tulsa might win a shootout but I'll take my chances against a team thats given up 135 pts (45 ppg) in their last 3 road games!

Tigers1230

has this line really moved from Tulsa +2.5 to -2.5? I don't see Vegas being off 5 points in a late bowl game. Mr. Handicapable, have you followed BS or is this just from your research?

Tigers1230

You also need to take into consideration Tulsa had 7 turnovers against ECU in their championship game and still had a chance to win. I think I will steer clear of this one.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

wise choice tigers...I leaned to Tulsa at +2.5, but at -2.5 I can't recommend a play...

Tigers1230

Thanks for that Pags. Just not good to lay $$ down on 2 teams that can put up 50 each.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

tigers,

yep, especially with all of the uncertainity surrounding the game...if there's one thing I've learned over the years it's to tread lightly during bowl season...BOL to you bud...

Mr Handicapable

Its not that Vegas is off 5 pts but maybe the public moving the line is wrong? I just haven't been impressed w/Tulsa on the road and BS ML +125 is a good value imo but I agree this is a tough one and I won't be playing it that strong!

unit1884
    unit1884's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tulsa -3.5 [+128] is a LOCK

dolce05
    dolce05's Avatar Become A Pro!

take the points....they're keeping the spread at 2.5 so everyone will say "we can win by a FG...we'll lay the 2.5".....taking the points this bowl season has been verrrrry profitable...look back and check yourself

but with florida???? lay the points!

Blaze92585
    Blaze92585's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

I am liking Ball State...Both QBs are nice but Nate Davis of Ball State (projected 2nd round pick in the draft this offseason) is more efficient (7 picks thrown to Johnsons 18) (Turnover Margin on the season per team Ball St +8 Tulsa -8). Johnsons top receiver Brennan Marion blew out his knee in the C-USA game and will be watching from the sidelines. Johnson is also coming off a 5 interceptions game against ECU. Ball St has a better pass defense than Tulsa and I think a more complete team overall. Both teams are coming off a loss. Ball St has not been tested after a loss since this was there first loss of the season. Tulsa on the other hand lost @Houston 70-30 after their first loss to give them back to back losses.

I like Ball St in this game...like them on the ML too. But for +130 it isn't worth it when at the moment I can get +3 @ -105. After a little more in depth research I will make my decision final. For now its looking like a Ball State pick with the points.

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

ball st. for me

dolce05
    dolce05's Avatar Become A Pro!

ball state wins or loses by 2........ this one smells like a TCU or W Virginia game

GL to all that pick the same as I (all others GL on future bets)

jesron1269
    jesron1269's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Did all these people pounding Tulsa watch the Conf. USA championship game? Dave Johnson threw 5 picks and completely gave the game away! He was staring down receivers and forcing throw after throw! Tulsa was only 2-4 ATS on the road and they have only 8 picks on defense w/32 TD passes allowed! The MAC isn't much but what does it say about Conf. USA when their champ (E. Carolina) loses to a bad 6-6 Kentucky team?
    I know BS's coach left but Stan Parrish (O-coord.) is coaching this game and BS has never won a bowl game in their history so I'm sure they'll be pumped up! QB Nate Davis has NFL talent and while he also struggled in the MAC champ. game it was due to some freakish fumbles including get cartwheeled near the endzone! I feel BS has a defensive advantage including a solid secondary that allowed 14 TD/16 Ints. Lastly BS is solid on special teams and Tulsa's kicker has a long of 37 yds on the season!
    Should be an exciting shootout but I think BS ML is the play here...the public has moved the game 4-5 points but BS will be ready to play and win the first bowl game in school history! They're better defensively with the superior QB!

GL!
    All very good points... especially "Dave Johnson threw 5 picks and completely gave the game away! He was staring down receivers and forcing throw after throw! Tulsa was only 2-4 ATS on the road and they have only 8 picks on defense w/32 TD passes allowed!" and if I had not already locked in Tulsa I might have taken a second look. My biggest reason is that the line movement from dog to favorite this bowl season has yet to fail. BOL!

MSUSpartan32
    MSUSpartan32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 805

Tulsa +4 back end of a teaser......