Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Conn @ West Virginia -19.5 Gimmie the facts !!!

Want to know everything about this game. I feel West VIrginia comes out strong at home in its Big East Opener .... They have some weapons on offense and I see them covering by 21+ points. Don't know much about Conn though ... so give me all the facts, which team you like and how do these 2 teams match-up against eachother.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry can't help ya ....connecticut hardly ever gets to play on tv

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

From what I've seen, these are some thing that come to mind (I haven't actually looked into this game quite yet):

UConn struggles against ba teams to score offensive TD's.

WVU has a good defense, not quite as good as last year, but still really good.

WVU is a scoring machine, especially when Geno has room to move outside the pocket.

WVU has a stable of talented running backs.

UConn has a horrible D-line and even worse secondary.

Again, I haven't capped this game yet, but my initial feeling is this game should be like the Green Bay Packers playing St Clair County High School.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

too many pts, uconn rarely gets blown out

spladle08
    spladle08's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree with Betting wizard

john2153
    john2153's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8329

I am a huge Uconn fan...If I were to play this game I'd take WVU. Our secondary is missing our best CB and we were just gashed by Alex Carder and Western Michigan. I can only imagine what Geno Smith will do. Uconn does have a very good d-line however...Kendall Reyes is one of the best DEs in the country no one knows about. If they can get pressure on Smith, I think Uconn can cover but if not WVU scores 50.

Greg2011
    Greg2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I rather go with the over on this game

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

I like west virginia a lot in this game

Uconn's secondary is just terrible and Geno smith is gonna tear that secondary a new butthole

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    too many pts, uconn rarely gets blown out

dude they lost 3 games last year by 20+ points even despite a very soft schedule, who loses by 26 @ Louisville anyways?

and they haven't gotten blown out this year but that's because their schedule has been even softer than usual

spladle08

and Brahma adds a good point... IMO WVU has more than enough ability to blow them out of the water, but Uconn does surprise you every now and then and play good teams close... i cant touch this one, 19.5 is too much, Ive already got money on Standford -29.5 i cant be sweatin these big spreads all day give me team totals

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    and Brahma adds a good point... IMO WVU has more than enough ability to blow them out of the water, but Uconn does surprise you every now and then and play good teams close... i cant touch this one, 19.5 is too much, Ive already got money on Standford -29.5 i cant be sweatin these big spreads all day give me team totals

the team that west virginia just beat by 45 (bowling green) would beat UCONN on a neutral field 6 out of 10 times

I don't think people understand just how bad uconn is this year. How do you lose at home to teams like Western Michigan and Iowa state?? and How the hell do you go 2-3 with one of the softest schedules in the country??

this is actually a better play than stanford - which you shouldn't play unless you're teasing it anyways. A 29 point spread is just begging for a nasty backdoor cover situation

Western Virginia's offense has been very impressive so far this year, they have put up yards and points against everybody and they are facing a terrible secondary here. Even better, they finally got a rushing presence in freshmen dustin garrison who got a million yards in the last game. Garrison gives em better balance

WVU - 42
    UConn - 17

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    dude they lost 3 games last year by 20+ points even despite a very soft schedule, who loses by 26 @ Louisville anyways?

and they haven't gotten blown out this year but that's because their schedule has been even softer than usual
    that was when their starting QB was out last year. They won the Big East when he came back. Laying 20 pts in the big east nowadays is just stupid

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    that was when their starting QB was out last year. They won the Big East when he came back. Laying 20 pts in the big east nowadays is just stupid

the bottom line is that west virginia matches up very well with Uconn and Uconn is much worse than that 19.5 point line suggests

the 2011 version of the uconn huskies should be minimum 24 point dogs against any good ranked team with a good passing game on the road. The only reason they're not 24 point dogs is because of name recognition from what they did last year, check out their stats this year and tell me this is not one of the worst teams in all of division 1 college football

and I agree that laying points is stupid in the big east, but WVU has been a very reliable team so far this year with all their wins by at least 20 points (and yes I realize they were non conference games, but bowling green would be a middle of the pack team in the big east anyways)

edit: WVU has also beaten uconn 6 out of 7 meetings by an average of 24 points and this Uconn team is probably as bad if not worse than the worst uconn team in that group
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 10-05-11 at 09:15 PM.

spladle08

My internet is sucking so Im not going to look it up, I won the bet taking them straight up when they were 2pt dogs to Maryland, but didnt that game end up being way closer than it was supposed to be? 38-34 or something weird like that? or did they end up blowing them out in the end, I remember thinking wtf WVU play some D. I dont doubt they win here but 19.5 is a bunch. I also thought Bowling Green would play them better last week, and I was wrong so who knows... Good luck Brahma as always, I love ur analysis, you need to start a season long thread so I can see all your picks and pluck the ones I agree with (if you dont mind)

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by spladle08 View Post
    My internet is sucking so Im not going to look it up, I won the bet taking them straight up when they were 2pt dogs to Maryland, but didnt that game end up being way closer than it was supposed to be? 38-34 or something weird like that? or did they end up blowing them out in the end, I remember thinking wtf WVU play some D. I dont doubt they win here but 19.5 is a bunch. I also thought Bowling Green would play them better last week, and I was wrong so who knows... Good luck Brahma as always, I love ur analysis, you need to start a season long thread so I can see all your picks and pluck the ones I agree with (if you dont mind)

my bad I forgot the maryland game - I meant all their home wins were by 20+ points

maryland would beat the doors off Uconn anyways. I think our local YMCA football team would beat the doors off Uconn

Coach Jake
    Winning
    Coach Jake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 480

Colorado has lost 6 dbs, they are now starting their backup rb at corner and playing Stewart, their heart and soul, on special teams for needed speed. Colorado is in trouble and might lose by 50 points...they have no plan for Luck. I don't see a backdoor cover, but Im glad I played Stanford at -27

Greg2011
    Greg2011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Jake View Post
    Colorado has lost 6 dbs, they are now starting their backup rb at corner and playing Stewart, their heart and soul, on special teams for needed speed. Colorado is in trouble and might lose by 50 points...they have no plan for Luck. I don't see a backdoor cover, but Im glad I played Stanford at -27
    Thanks for the info didn't know this

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

here is a link to CFB injury reports.

http://www.collegeinjuryreport.com/i...eport.php?vw=C

scroll down to Colorado

moneymac81
    moneymac81's Avatar Become A Pro!

uconn's qb is garbage.... wv by 21-28 ez