Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rutgers and NC state

I will have Rutgers tomorrow, they have beaten everyone they have faced over the last 6 weeks soundly, gl to everyone who takes NC st

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to you as well Slate.True.Rutgers has been on fire but look at what NCst has done since they became healthy.7-8 points is a lot in this one!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I am going with State. Got them early with 9 pts. NC State has been impressive the second half of the season.
    Last edited by AdaBarber; 12-28-08 at 05:56 PM. Reason: posted wrong pick

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

When I look at this game I see it as a coin flip. If they played 10 times each team wins 5 times. So I can't help but to take 7 in a game that should be close.

To say Rutgers has been on fire might be over stating what they have done. They started the season 1-5 and then beat 6 average or below average teams.
    NC St isnt impressive either. They also had an ugly run in their schedule. They also finished strong winning the last 4 games (3 of those teams are bowl teams)

I think it's a close game. My opinion....

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    When I look at this game I see it as a coin flip. If they played 10 times each team wins 5 times. So I can't help but to take 7 in a game that should be close.

To say Rutgers has been on fire might be over stating what they have done. They started the season 1-5 and then beat 6 average or below average teams.
    NC St isnt impressive either. They also had an ugly run in their schedule. They also finished strong winning the last 4 games (3 of those teams are bowl teams)

I think it's a close game. My opinion....
    I sa y that they have been on fire simply because of the way that they have not only won,but the way they have won.You're right.The teams they have beaten were below avg but they killed them.I have NCst pretty big here.I'm just defending what I said when I said that Rut has been on fire!If what you are saying is the case,then Fla and OKLA is the only teams in America on fire.Rutgers is hardly either of those two teams but they are in the same zone as LVILLE(which they slaughtered),SFLA(which they slaughtered)a little below Army(but they slaughtered them also).NCSt has played a tougher schedule at the end no doubt.Thats why I love NCSt+8!

Jones10
    Jones10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3152

Being from No. Jerz I know how well Rutgers has been playin but I agree too many points to pass up...State +7 1/2
    Last edited by Jones10; 12-28-08 at 08:52 PM.

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am from N Jersey too and Rutgers has won by an average of 40.5 to 15.7 points per game over their last six games, beat up on Pitts 54 to 34, beat S Fla by 33 and beat Louisville by 49. NC st hasnt beat anyone by that many yet.

just my opinion and i may be a little bias

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

N.C. State +9 got that line early and thank God as everyone has crushed it since...down to 6.5 at most books. I'm also taking Northwestern and the points tomorrow. 4-0 so far in bowls this season and hoping to keep that streak going. +27 units on the year. BOL everyone!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with huskers and cougar bait...lean to NCSU...

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by Slate View Post
    I am from N Jersey too and Rutgers has won by an average of 40.5 to 15.7 points per game over their last six games, beat up on Pitts 54 to 34, beat S Fla by 33 and beat Louisville by 49. NC st hasnt beat anyone by that many yet.

just my opinion and i may be a little bias
    None of those teams have a secondary slate.Thats the matchup you're missing here but GL with Rutgers.I guess.

Msquad
    Msquad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently this system last year went 11-1, and so far this year its 4-1. according to the numbers it says to take NC STATE. here are the official bowl selections for 2008.

the official plays are:
    1. Wake Forest (WINNER)
    2. South Florida (WINNER)
    3. Arizona (WINNER)
    4. TCU (LOSER)
    5. Notre Dame (WINNER
    6. NC State
    7. Missouri
    8. Maryland
    9. Rice
    10. Air Force
    11. Kansas
    12. USC
    13. Kentucky
    14. Alabama
    15. Connecticut
    16. Ball State
    BOL

Msquad

The system is rather confusing and do not want to get into it but if you are curious to see how it works, heres the link where I got some helpful advice. Cheers!
    http://www.therxforum.com/showthread.php?t=645613

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Yes we get it went 11-1 last year. But the last 5 yrs how has it done? You can't go by a sample size of 12 games. Show me it hits like this over 100 or 200 games and then we can talk about it.

Msquad

Ok, Just trying to help ya out, take it for what it is.
    BOL with your picks

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I like systems, just wanted to know if there was any more data then just last yrs results that was all.

carrenzo
    carrenzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Monday

I like that all of you are on NC State. Have to go Rutgers and 6.5. This looks like my Boise Pick.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Notre Dame is not on the correct list. The system is 3-1 this year. Machine Choice started a thread on this system for this year.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

NC State +7 (if you were smart enough to get it at 7)

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

stuartfl
    stuartfl's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting information/stats I came across (I did not write this). Good luck today

A lot of analysts have taken notice of Rutgers’ late season domination and 6 game win streak entering this game, but few have mentioned how well NC State is playing right now and the Wolfpack are clearly underrated. NC State lost a couple of road games against good teams early in the season (at South Carolina and then at Clemson) and things went from bad to worse when defensive stars DL Alan-Michael Cash and LB Nate Irving were injured. Cash missed weeks 4 through 6 and Irving was injured early in week 4 against East Carolina and didn’t return to health until week 11 (he tried to play in week 8 but was ineffective and barely played). NC State’s defense went from pretty good to horrible in 3 games without both Cash and Irving, allowing 6.6 yards per play to East Carolina, South Florida, and Boston College, who are actually below average offensively as a group. The defense started to get better in week 8 when Cash came back and it has been good in the last 4 games with Irving back in the lineup. The Wolfpack have allowed just 5.1 yppl and an average of just 18 points in those 4 games to teams that would average 5.4 yppl against an average defensive team. In 7 games with both Cash and Irving the Wolfpack are 0.2 yppl better than average defensively, which is much better than their defense appears to be by looking at season stats (0.3 yppl worse than average). NC State is also better offensively now than they are for the season, as freshman quarterback Russell Wilson has lifted the attack with his arm and his feet since taking over as the fulltime starter in week 6 against Boston College. Since then the Wolfpack have averaged 5.8 yppl against teams that would allow 5.2 yppl to an average team – numbers that are better than their season rating of +0.2 yppl on offense. So, it’s no coincidence that NC State closed out the season with 4 consecutive wins, including victories over bowl teams Wake Forest, North Carolina, and Miami-Florida. The Wolfpack are simply much better now than their season stats suggest and nobody seems to have noticed based on the line on this game.

mpcrane39
    mpcrane39's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a friend on NC State coaching staff and Tom O'brien will have his boys ready

scaryDE
    scaryDE's Avatar Become A Pro!

im in rutgers -6.5. have a feeling its a blowout.