beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Could the winner of Ga Tech/Clemson play in the BCS title game?

I think this more than a decent shot. Both teams as long as they stay undefeated will be favored in every game they play the rest of the way. And oh yeah before todays games Tech was 150-1 and Clem was 80-1 to win the title here at SBR.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I think this more than a decent shot. Both teams as long as they stay undefeated will be favored in every game they play the rest of the way. And oh yeah before todays games Tech was 150-1 and Clem was 80-1 to win the title here at SBR.

I highly doubt it. The ACC is a very low profile conference, there's just not enough good wins for a team like Georgia tech to make it all the way in most cases

now if both the SEC champion and big 12 champion has 1 or more losses, then it gets a lot more interesting

the BCS title game chase is gonna be one big clusterfukk this year. Boise/Wisconsin/Gtech/Clemson/LSU/Alabama/Okst/OU all have a pretty good chance to go undefeated. There's gonna be a lot of angry fans this year that their team went undefeated and did not get a chance for the title game

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Yeah going to be some losses happen that we wont see coming, so I think it is possible. If tech/clem go 13-0 do you take them over boise? Mind you I am not saying clem/tech will win it by any means, I would make the Sec team a HUGE favorite over either. Just looking for a way to hedge. I dont care how much the spread would be, Im sure you could hedgr 150/80-1 no problem.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Yeah going to be some losses happen that we wont see coming, so I think it is possible. If tech/clem go 13-0 do you take them over boise? Mind you I am not saying clem/tech will win it by any means, I would make the Sec team a HUGE favorite over either. Just looking for a way to hedge. I dont care how much the spread would be, Im sure you could hedgr 150/80-1 no problem.

clemson absolutely goes in over boise (I hate to say it being a boise fan), they already have 3 wins over top 25 teams and they will have 5 total if they go undefeated. I think they're a longshot to go undefeated though because it will be very difficult to win on the road against gtech and south carolina (though they looked terrible today)

georgia tech over boise?? that's a tough one, gtech has played a much softer schedule than Clemson and they will finish the season with only 2 wins over ranked teams. They have a very good chance to go undefeated this year though playing both clemson and virginia tech at home...

this is just a big clusterfukk though, I don't understand why we can't have a modified playoff system (have the top 4 or top 8 BCS teams each other to determine a winner)

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

It's the ACC. Each team will lose a random game they probably shouldn't. It happens every year.

jalein
    jalein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2650

NO, NO and HELL NO. Can you say Wisconsin? Very unlikely that BOTH Oklahoma and LSU each lose a game. Then there is Bama who is sticking it in Florida as I type this.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

ACC is REALLY weak in the middle and bottom... Wake, UVA, BC, Duke, MD, NC State are all really really bad

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

Very interested to see where my tigers will be ranked tomorrow. This has been a very good year to be a Clemson fan. GO TIGERS

shopbar picks
    shopbar picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22725

NO Sec champ vs wisky

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

The true nightmare scenario would be an undefeated SEC champion (Bama/LSU), an undefeated Big 12 champ (OK/OKSt), and Wisconsin undefeated. The SEC Champ would go, but how could you make a decision between Wisky and OK/OkState?

Another interesting possibility, with a few upsets, would be a choice between a 1-loss Bama/LSU team and an undefeated Boise team to play the undefeated SEC Champ.

Way too many scenarios to think about this too much in October

SilverTongueFox
    SilverTongueFox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5303

Clemson v Boise BCS championship game would be messed up but heck of a game, I think.