Cover4
    Cover4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 273

Is Vtech Defense Really That Good?

V tech Only allowing on avg 10 ppg but who did they really play? Will Clemson change that this week?

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Clemson will move the ball still. That's just their system. VT should be able to slow Clemson a touch if they play to their abilties. VT has run stuffing DTs. 2 really quick DEs that should be able to get pressure on Tahj. Their linebackers are solid in the run and pass. VT has one of the best CB tandems in CFB as well in Fuller and Hosley.

Hokies3
    Hokies3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I live in blacksburg and follow football and not just VT. Clemson is very talented but teams seem to score on them. FSU scored 30 with a backup qb and receivers, and Clemson owns them at Death Valley. VT will not allow many points here so the question is how is our offense going to perform. I would bet the under in this one! Also check the weather, game time it will be 43 and windy..big difference from the 75 degrees clemson had earlier this week. and FG's will be tough to get. VT 24-14 Turnovers could be the difference in this game with the weather. Good luck with your picks!

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by Hokies3 View Post
    I live in blacksburg and follow football and not just VT. Clemson is very talented but teams seem to score on them. FSU scored 30 with a backup qb and receivers, and Clemson owns them at Death Valley. VT will not allow many points here so the question is how is our offense going to perform. I would bet the under in this one! Also check the weather, game time it will be 43 and windy..big difference from the 75 degrees clemson had earlier this week. and FG's will be tough to get. VT 24-14 Turnovers could be the difference in this game with the weather. Good luck with your picks!
    Will you be at the game? I just moved west and am going to miss my annual trip to the 'Burg.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

vtech vs georgia tech this year will be a phenomenal game

a lot of athleticism both sides

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even considering who VT has played so far, I would say that they've been better than expected. So I would say yes.

A better question would be is Clemson as good as they appear to be? Taking advantage of Auburn's defense is not a huge accomplishment. FSU gave away their game with bad penalties in key moments, doing everything they could to lose the game, while playing their backup QB and still only lost by 5. Clemson does not have another big game in them and I expect them to regress this week.

JMF2479
    JMF2479's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by Hokies3 View Post
    I live in blacksburg and follow football and not just VT. Clemson is very talented but teams seem to score on them. FSU scored 30 with a backup qb and receivers, and Clemson owns them at Death Valley. VT will not allow many points here so the question is how is our offense going to perform. I would bet the under in this one!

Also check the weather, game time it will be 43 and windy..big difference from the 75 degrees clemson had earlier this week. and FG's will be tough to get. VT 24-14 Turnovers could be the difference in this game with the weather. Good luck with your picks!
    I'll give you an unbias view of this game since I don't live near VA . 47 degrees is not cold. VA is not great. The games they played should be blowouts, they aren't. FSU backup QB is good. He did very well against Oklahoma games. No way they win more than 7 points. Clemson should win straight up. And I will take stanford -21.

mstone897

Quote Originally Posted by JMF2479 View Post
    I'll give you an unbias view of this game since I don't live near VA . 47 degrees is not cold. VA is not great. The games they played should be blowouts, they aren't. FSU backup QB is good. He did very well against Oklahoma games. No way they win more than 7 points. Clemson should win straight up. And I will take stanford -21.
    47, windy, with a chance of rain is a big difference from playing in 75 sunny when you're a pass happy team. VT never blows anyone out. That's just not how they play. They have played what most would consider ugly football since Beamer has been around - Beamerball. FSU Qb may have made some good throws but he doesn't provide the dual threat that EJ Manuel would have and that Logan Thomas can.