naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

clemson or virginia tech?

who do u guys like against the spread in this game and why? i really could use some incite on this one. also, if you have favorite game of the week feel free to post that as well

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

v tech

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

7 points is a lot for a very unproven virginia tech team

I like clemson here

leetreaper

brama have u ever played a single non-public play? no offence its just too noticable

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    brama have u ever played a single non-public play? no offence its just too noticable
    who cares if it's public or non public???? my record on college football is awesome brah

leetreaper

kewl

brahmabull117

there's 2 very strong reasons to take clemson here

1)Clemson is better than Vtech. The only reason Vtech is getting so much love in this game is because of name recognition. They have proved nothing so far and their QB has REALLY struggled against some terrible defenses. Taking a 7+ point spread with an uncertain situation at QB is really risky

2)These trends:
    • Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    • Tigers are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games as a road underdog.

Clemson even played a 3 point game last year on the road against Cam newton's Auburn team

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    1)Clemson is better than Vtech. The only reason Vtech is getting so much love in this game is because of name recognition. They have proved nothing so far and their QB has REALLY struggled against some terrible defenses. Taking a 7+ point spread with an uncertain situation at QB is really risky
    Clemson is not better than VT. Tahj Boyd didn't go to VT bc he knew he would never start over Tyrod and Logan. Tahj is an average QB in a great system with 2 stud WR's. The only player I take on Clemson over a VT player is Sammy Watkins. VT defense is a lot better than Clemson's. VT special teams is a lot better than Clemson's. VT has a better run game than Clemson. VT hasn't shown it yet but they have potential to have a good passing attack as well. The match up of the week in CFB is Watkins and Hopkins(if he plays) against VT CB's Hosley and Fuller.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    Clemson is not better than VT. Tahj Boyd didn't go to VT bc he knew he would never start over Tyrod and Logan. Tahj is an average QB in a great system with 2 stud WR's. The only player I take on Clemson over a VT player is Sammy Watkins. VT defense is a lot better than Clemson's. VT special teams is a lot better than Clemson's. VT has a better run game than Clemson. VT hasn't shown it yet but they have potential to have a good passing attack as well. The match up of the week in CFB is Watkins and Hopkins(if he plays) against VT CB's Hosley and Fuller.
    you want me to compare Boyd's passing numbers to Thomas' passing numbers???

Thomas has been terrible against some atrocious defenses while Boyd just threw for 344 yards and a 173 qb rating against a legitimate top 10 defense in the country

Clemson offense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vtec h offense
    Vtech defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clem son Defense

it's a relatively even matchup here and I give the edge to Clemson because they have proven themselves against 2 tough teams while Vtech has played very average ball against some really terrible teams

mstone897

you want me to compare Boyd's passing numbers to Thomas' passing numbers???

Thomas has been terrible against some atrocious defenses while Boyd just threw for 344 yards and a 173 qb rating against a legitimate top 10 defense in the country

Clemson offense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Vtech offense
    Vtech defense>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Clemson Defense

it's a relatively even matchup here and I give the edge to Clemson because they have proven themselves against 2 tough teams while Vtech has played very average ball against some really terrible teams
    Boyd does have good numbers, I'm admitting that. They were also at home against a TERRIBLE Auburn team. That's not even a quality win. And a beat up FSU team at home after they lost a tough, tough game to the #1 team in the country. What about struggling to put away Wofford and Troy??? If you wan't to play Clemson be my guest, but in no way are they the better team.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    Boyd does have good numbers, I'm admitting that. They were also at home against a TERRIBLE Auburn team. That's not even a quality win. And a beat up FSU team at home after they lost a tough, tough game to the #1 team in the country. What about struggling to put away Wofford and Troy??? If you wan't to play Clemson be my guest, but in no way are they the better team.
    FSU lost at home because of terrible offense. They still held one of the most explosive offenses in the country to just 13 points and they're still a top 10 defense

I just don't see what Virginia Tech has done to warrant a 7 point favorite against another top 15 team. Vtech has a defense that was predicted to be about middle of the pack this year in football (they've played very well but that was against some terrible teams and the defensive personell on this team really isn't anything special). Offensively, they really have nothing in the passing game as thomas has yet to prove himself

this is a team that reminds me of Texas last year - high ranking and high spreads because of a big name, but a lack of a QB should mean doom for them

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

there's 2 very strong reasons to take clemson here

2)These trends:
    • Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as a road underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 11-2 ATS in their last 13 games as an underdog of 3.5-10.0.
    • Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
    • Tigers are 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games as a road underdog.

Clemson even played a 3 point game last year on the road against Cam newton's Auburn team

VIRGINIA TECH is 5-0 against the spread versus CLEMSON since 1992
    VIRGINIA TECH is 5-0 straight up against CLEMSON since 1992

- i like that trend.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by naslax13 View Post
    ... VIRGINIA TECH is 5-0 against the spread versus CLEMSON since 1992 VIRGINIA TECH is 5-0 straight up against CLEMSON since 1992 - i like that trend.

they haven't played in 4 years dude, do u even remember who played QB for these 2 teams in 2007???

I was giving you a stat based on just last season, numbers that are more than 2-3 years old are completely worthless

mstone897

FSU lost at home because of terrible offense. They still held one of the most explosive offenses in the country to just 13 points and they're still a top 10 defense

I just don't see what Virginia Tech has done to warrant a 7 point favorite against another top 15 team. Vtech has a defense that was predicted to be about middle of the pack this year in football (they've played very well but that was against some terrible teams and the defensive personell on this team really isn't anything special). Offensively, they really have nothing in the passing game as thomas has yet to prove himself

this is a team that reminds me of Texas last year - high ranking and high spreads because of a big name, but a lack of a QB should mean doom for them
    Is the VT defense prediction in your head? When's the last time VT had a "middle of the pack" defense. Last year was a down year but they were still top 20 in scoring defense and they are better this year. Saying their defensive personnel isn't anything special discredits anything you say. Jayron Hosley is one of the top cover CB's in cfb and the rest of their secondary will be playing on Sunday's as well. Best group of LB's in years and same goes with the D-line.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

no way in hell i lay 7 points..but i'm hoping Tech wins

bio_blitz
    bio_blitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

have you guys actually watched Clemson's last 2 games?
    keep 1 thing in mind, they have both been at home in death valley.
    first up was auburn who made Clemson look amazing, auburn's D was atrocious and they couldn't tackle to save their lives... Their secondary was terrible and took bad angles the entire game!! They could have buried Clemson that game if the D would have showed up the 2nd quarter on...

next was an ej manuel-less FSU who came off such a great defensive game against Oklahoma. I think they left their D in Tallahassee for the Clemson game because they looked bad and couldn't tackle either.

Clemson has a very athletic qb... Shut him down and they become a 1 dimensional team, add that to the fact they will be on the road playing against beamer ball and bud foster D and VT will win this game with ease! Special teams and D will make huge plays to break this game wide open, Clemson will not have an answer... Tread lightly with caution on Clemson here in this spot, you have been warned!