brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Georgia Tech - 11 vs North Carolina St

Georgia Tech put up 500 yards and 35 points (it would and should have been 560 yards and 42 points if not for a dropped 10 foot wide open TD by stephen hill) last week against a defense loaded with future NFL players in North Carolina. They have been incredibly efficient so far this year averaging over 53 points per game and around 600 yards a game

they now face a team that gave up 500 total yards (240 rush yards) in a blowout beatdown against Cincinatti and 424 yards and 34 points against a bad wake forest team. NCst looks to be one of the worst teams in the ACC this year

I think Gtech could win this game by 30-40 points here. Cincinatti only has a decent rushing offense and they were able to gash this defense for 240 yards last game, it wouldn't surprise me to see Gtech go for 500-600 rush yards again here like they did against Kansas

brahmabull117

this gonna be complete and utter annihilation here

check out North Carolina St's situation at defensive line. Looking at a game with a bunch of inexperienced/undersized/undermanned defensive linemen trying to stop the greatest rushing machine in the country

from rivals.com

The defensive line depth chart looks drastically different than what was anticipated at the beginning of the season.

Projected starters and fifth-year seniors J.R. Sweezy (foot) and Jeff Rieskamp (shoulder) are both nursing injuries. Sweezy, a defensive tackle, has been out since the preseason, while Rieskamp, a defensive end, has missed the last three games.

Sweezy's replacement, junior Brian Slay, injured his ankle against Cincinnati. Slay's backup would have probably been redshirt freshman Thomas Teal, but Teal broke his foot in the season opener Sept. 3. The Pack turned to sophomore A.J. Ferguson, who was limited with a knee injury that he suffered at Cincinnati.

The plethora of injuries to one unit has forced some changes. Head coach Tom O'Brien announced Monday that they are going to move redshirt sophomore defensive end Darryl Cato-Bishop inside to tackle. Cato-Bishop has 23 tackles, including four for loss and three sacks, and 12 quarterback hurries this year.

True freshman T.Y. McGill, pressed into action this year, will back up Cato-Bishop. After that? The fourth defensive tackle is now walk-on and Campbell transfer Jacob Kahut, who started this year at offensive guard.

"He's a little undersized right now, but he'll play low and he'll play hard," O'Brien said about Kahut, 6-foot-4, 257 pounds. "He's the end of the line right now."

Because Cato-Bishop has moved inside, junior McKay Frandsen moves to the first string opposite redshirt freshman Art Norman, who replaced the injured Rieskamp in the lineup. Backing those two up are now redshirt sophomore Sylvester Crawford and redshirt freshman Theo Rich.

O'Brien admitted that his preseason expectations for the team was at least a bowl game, but he's concerned about the injuries.

"We haven't had a defensive football team out there yet after the second week of camp that we thought we would be playing with," O'Brien pointed out. "You can't play if you don't have your guys there to play."

Trying to piece together a defense against Georgia Tech is a scary proposition. The Jackets are averaging 53.2 points, 630.5 yards of total offense and 398.8 yards rushing per game this year, all tops in the ACC. But it's their improvement in the passing game, where they are averaging 231.8 yards throwing a contest, that has taken their offense to almost impossible to defend levels.

"This offense is always hard to play because it's unique, but it's a great challenge for this football team," O'Brien said. "You're going to find out the guys that are disciplined, the guys that are mentally tough. It forces you to concentrate on your assignments each and every play. You can't not play your assignment on one play. The thing they are doing so much better now is they're throwing the ball.

"Obviously last year at the end of the year they decided they were going to get into the passing game. They've always put pressure on you inside. Now it puts pressure on your perimeter people to play both the outside game and the passing game."

O'Brien though praised his team for being resilient. He thinks the healthy players on defense are excited about the challenge.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Didn't you get buried the last few days and lose all your money?

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Can you PLEASE not make a thread for every game you like? Post all your leans and plays in one thread.

droop828
    droop828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 483

It's possible our whole two deep at DT is out for this game. Sweezy is an ALL ACC calibre player who hasn't played yet this season but could come back for GT. Rieskamp is the other starter at DT and he is also very good. Our best LB will be out again. I would wait until the injury report comes out on Thursday. While I expect GT to win even if we get some of the guys back, the Pack could give them a game playing at home with our starting DT back. Last season we murdered Tech and shut their running game down. It's also possible our best rb, by far, makes his first appearance Saturday. Like I said, wait for the injury report and if none of these guys are ready then pound the hell out of Tech because it will be ugly.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    Didn't you get buried the last few days and lose all your money?
    Not just once. Multiple times.

He loves heavy favorites---and gets crushed routinely. He is the board donkey.

He had the Steelers on Sunday night----and taunted Colts backers---ask him how that turned out. He pulled similar stunts with the Ravens against the Titans, and told this board about his "free money" idea when he teased Boise down last weekend----AND THAT LOST.

He is without a doubt, just the biggest donk. He's good fade material.

khaden
    khaden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1124

I'm with the poster on this one no way nc state contains gt offense and states offense sucks and will not be able to keep pace scoring points

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by droop828 View Post
    It's possible our whole two deep at DT is out for this game. Sweezy is an ALL ACC calibre player who hasn't played yet this season but could come back for GT. Rieskamp is the other starter at DT and he is also very good. Our best LB will be out again. I would wait until the injury report comes out on Thursday. While I expect GT to win even if we get some of the guys back, the Pack could give them a game playing at home with our starting DT back. Last season we murdered Tech and shut their running game down. It's also possible our best rb, by far, makes his first appearance Saturday. Like I said, wait for the injury report and if none of these guys are ready then pound the hell out of Tech because it will be ugly.

yea I'm gonna wait a bit towards closer to gametime to make a move

with NCst though, their depth chart is gonna be horrible in this game either way. Even if they get their 2 big studs back, they will have nothing behind them and it's very difficult to beat Gtech when you can't substitute your dlinemen for fresh bodies

I'm gonna wait for confirmation that at least 1 of those guys is out and pound this line

droop828

I'm a Pack fan. It should be out by Thursday afternoon. Go to packpride.com on scout to get the update if you like. Sweezy is a beast and will make an impact if he is back. Rieskamp was questionable 2 weeks ago and was listed as out last week so I have no idea what is going on with him. The RB Greene is superior to the other 2 that are playing but he is the least likely to play. You are right that we will need depth and it still will not be there. Though, just tread carefully if these guys come back because TOB always pulls out a WTF win. Chances are this will not be it but the point spread could be tough to cover. Just study it Thursday when you get the report.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by droop828 View Post
    I'm a Pack fan. It should be out by Thursday afternoon. Go to packpride.com on scout to get the update if you like. Sweezy is a beast and will make an impact if he is back. Rieskamp was questionable 2 weeks ago and was listed as out last week so I have no idea what is going on with him. The RB Greene is superior to the other 2 that are playing but he is the least likely to play. You are right that we will need depth and it still will not be there. Though, just tread carefully if these guys come back because TOB always pulls out a WTF win. Chances are this will not be it but the point spread could be tough to cover. Just study it Thursday when you get the report.

looks like both guys won't be playing in this game

http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1110754.html

luckyutah
    luckyutah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

I haven't looked at this game much, but GT is 4-0 ATS this year while NC St. is 0-4.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post
    I haven't looked at this game much, but GT is 4-0 ATS this year while NC St. is 0-4.

yep

gtech should be a lock for 42+ points in this one

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

You ever take dogs brah? Just wondering.

bspring
    bspring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

This seems to me like a trap game, I have learned that when one immovable object meets another something will always fall... therefore Ga tech rolls are NC State steam rolls GT. I will probably go against the public and bet NCST. Ga Tech is one of those teams that scares me, if the execution isnt there my good is it brutal to watch them. Is this a noon game? If I wasnt tailgating for bucks game I would probably tune in for a nap. All in all this is a trap, regardless of OP track record. I wouldnt touch it but for the hell of it, maybe a 1/4 unit play on the NCST ML?

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Quote Originally Posted by luckyutah View Post
    Line probably what it is because of that.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Line probably what it is because of that.

considering NC State's brutal injury situation and their struggles this year + Gtech's domination, this game should have a 21 point line

this and the stanford game look to be the best 2 value plays of the day. Both games, the line is off by about 10 points

HumanCentipede
    HumanCentipede's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I'm all over this. If you watched NC State get worn down by Cincinnati's run game (which is ok but not that impressive) on Thursday night then you would be too. GTech's run offense is fantastic this year. The other thing to consider with GTech is that they get 2 throw's every game in which the WR is wide open because the opposing CB cheats forward so much to help on the option...it happens every game for them so far this season. Last week against North Carolina it happened twice but the receiver dropped the pass for what would have been the 2nd passing TD of the game for them.

Combine all this with the injuries and overall weakness of NC State this year and this game isn't that complicated.

GTech rolls hard Saturday.

droop828

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    looks like both guys won't be playing in this game http://northcarolinastate.scout.com/2/1110754.html
    The depth chart always comes out on Monday but those guys not being listed doesn't mean they are out. If any of those guys come back they will bump people off the depth chart. The chart is just a formality.

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24844

Bull, you hit it on the head. NC St is suffering w/ injuries. The line is way off.

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

considering NC State's brutal injury situation and their struggles this year + Gtech's domination, this game should have a 21 point line

this and the stanford game look to be the best 2 value plays of the day. Both games, the line is off by about 10 points

collie
    collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

This line for me now is -9.5 I never usually play Early but I think this is almost the play of the week. I'm going to play this pretty hard right now.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by collie View Post
    This line for me now is -9.5 I never usually play Early but I think this is almost the play of the week. I'm going to play this pretty hard right now.
    Yup. -9.5 at 5 dimes. I already put it in.

HumanCentipede
    HumanCentipede's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

****, I put $330 on it at -12...time to load up even further

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

nc state should be able to cover this line imho...

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    nc state should be able to cover this line imho...

with what?? have you seen their defensive depth chart??

UNC allowed Gtech 500 yards of offense with a very big and athletic defense filled with future NFL players, how many yards is a decimated NCSt team starting a bunch of inexperienced/undersized type defensive linemen gonna allow??

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you watched that ncst v cincy game you know what to do

droop828

I will say, being a life long NC State fan, this is the EXACT type of game we almost always win just when all hope looks lost. I don't expect a win but don't be shocked if the Pack does win, never mind the spread. Tread carefully here guys. Make sure you check out the injury report tomorrow afternoon. Should be out around noon on packpride.

brahmabull117

injury report out for NCST

http://packinsider.com/?p=10305

4 of the top 8 defensive lineman for NCST are out for sure, rieskamp is questionable

I'm pounding the hell out of this line, gtech will win this by at least 17-18

CPJFTW
    CPJFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bull, I posted a page long response in your GT thread last week. I went 16-2-2 last week. I'll have a thread out soon, GT will be involved. Look for it mate.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Nice write up. I usually wait to drop bets on saturday games but I hit the line now too. I have watched both of these teams play so far this year. GT should roll them.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

For fukks sake Brahma don't mush the Ramblin Wreck.