Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Vandy/South Carolina

The line for the game is 16 right now. Does anybody else feel like leaning towards Vandy +16? South Carolina has been giving up a ton of points so far and just hung on to beat navy. I don't really know too much about vandy but they beat ole miss by 23 (I don't know if that was a solid win or not). Which way are you going on this one?

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any win Vanderbilt gets is a solid win. That's not to say it would be a solid win by other schools and it definitely isn't to give any credit to ol' Miss being very good right now (maybe at all) cause they aren't. However Vanderbilt is a sacrificial lamb in football so any win is a solid win.

South Carolina has so much potential but they simply play the role of court jester at times. They can look like world beaters on one possession and have you scratching your head on the next. Garcia can look like a No.1 draft pick one possession and have you wondering how he ever got a scholarship the next.

The game though, that’s what you care about.

I have the game capped out at South Carolina -14 so personally I really don’t have enough value here to make a play on it but there is some cushion. If it were to move to 17 I would have to seriously give it some consideration though.

A couple things I would personally have to consider. While it’s true Spurrier likes to throttle weaker opponents this is Vanderbilt and even an improved Vanderbilt isn’t gonna be considered a real threat. Also and more consideration worthy is that South Carolina has Auburn next week.

I’m not trying to talk you into or out of a play, I just like talking about the games. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Thanks man, lots of good points. I'll keep watching it to see what happens. I know its early in the week still but are there any games that are sticking out at you right now? I'm not really seeing much yet...thought the LSU game was going to be an easy pick but looking at some stats its not as easy as I first thought with what the line was last time I looked at it.

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am still looking at some games trying to find 1 or 2 more that I really like but for now I am on Florida -17. I was busy and missed the opener at 5-Dimes so it cost me -130 to get the 17. I truly like Florida at -21 but as heavy as I went here I thought it better to play it safe with the points at least. I'm also tied up pretty heavy on Georgia -10 (-110) as well.

There are reasons as to why neither of these cover but from where I am looking from the reasons as to why they cover are greater. My bankroll is hoping my head it right.