zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stanford -9.5

Why is this line so low? Same thing with the 20.5 last week at duke. Public should bury them again with this

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I don't know. I know why the Stanford lines were low in week one and week two, and I went ahead and played Stanford and had winners for 1.5 and 1 unit respectively. This week I can only assume the line is low because Stanford continues to be underrated, and I'm on LJSU for another unit. It's the last game on the card, so by the time kickoff rolls around, it might be a three or four unit play.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Only thing that worries me is stanford isnt built for a shootout with that pro style offense. Arizona has looked like garbage tho

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

Despite the final score, Stanford struggled against Duke. Their half-time lead was only 17-7, and they should have been losing. But then Duke is Duke and brutally squandered their scoring chances (three FG's missed, including two chip shots, and a drive that stalled inside Stanford's 10 yard line). If Duke's starting kicker isn't injured, the score is at least 17-16, and a bounce here and there and it could have easily been Duke 24 Stanford 17 at the break.

Stanford did come out and pull away in the second half, but again, Duke's miscues helped more than Stanford's superior play. Duke got the ball to start the 3rd quarter and immediately drove it down near Stanford's 10 yard line before turning it over on downs. Duke's next drive resulted in a fumbled at their own 30. At this point the score was only 24-7, but you could tell Duke's D was fed up and just didn't have any bite left, and Stanford took full advantage putting up a couple of quick scores. But this game was much closer than the score indicates. You take a similarly talented team with a more experienced QB who can actually put the ball in the endzone and a crowd that actually shows up gives a shit, and Stanford either loses or just hangs on. Enter Arizona. Better fans, better team, better QB, probably a one possession game. Unless, of course, Stanford was merely overlooking Duke and gearing up for conference play, pulling a Milton Berle on the Dookies in prep for the Wildcats. But is Stanford really that much better than OK State? Arizona made a couple bad plays in that game or it would have been close coming down the stretch, and in Stillwater. I wouldn't be the least bit shocked to see Arizona win outright. That's how the Pac-10 goes.