brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

LSU Moneyline - 155

Is this a very safe play???

LSU always seems to find a way to win these games and they have dominated MSU in recent history

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

While you can sometimes be annoying and talk out your ass, I do think you do a decent job at making picks.

A lot of people on this site will take Miss. State just because of the line and just because they think it's the "sharp" thing to do. That being said, are you really going to take Miss. State over what might be a team that plays for a national title this season???? I don't think so.

If you just play games based on what the line says you will still lose. Likewise, if you play all dogs you will lose. You have to find a good balance. I don't think it's sharp if you take five shit teams and one of them wins.

Anyway, if you read back to the LSU/Oregon thread, a lot of people were taking Oregon and saying Oregon would roll LSU. It was trendy. I tried to tell them otherwise. LSU doesn't win because of QB play. They win because they have the best defense in the nation, great special teams, and a good running game. They beat teams up.

I endorse this play. I don't give a shit what the line says. Look at all the "sharp" plays that lost last weekend.

-Oregon State +21. People kept saying, "The lines low so the sharp side is Oregon State even though they just lost to a Sacramento St."

-Air Force +1.

-Duke +whatever. Still laughing at people taking Duke over a top 5 team.

-Miss. State -6. Really???? People actually took Mistake on the road over the defending national champs? Auburn plays to their level of competition and they always plays tight games. Auburn getting +6 at home was a gift. I don't think they ever trailed.

Anything can happen. Upsets occur. But I really like this play. I grabbed LSU -3 when the line came out and I think they cover that easily.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Just take the points if you like LSU or take -3.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post

the problem is that a ton of LSU's wins over the years have been by 3 points

-155 is not a crazy high line and I think it's a very profitable play simply because LSU always seems to find a way to win these games

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post

Totally agree. -155 is to high to pay for 3 points.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    always seems
    I always seem to put my money on the line when I feel an "always seems" is backing me up.

go burn your lunch money kid

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Romanov View Post
    I always seem to put my money on the line when I feel an "always seems" is backing me up. go burn your lunch money kid

LSU is nearly perfect against non top 15 teams last 2 years

'nuf said

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Use the ML calculator in the think tank. It will tell you what to do if you like LSU.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    are you really going to take Miss. State over what might be a team that plays for a national title this season???? I don't think so. If you just play games based on what the line says you will still lose. Likewise, if you play all dogs you will lose. You have to find a good balance. I don't think it's sharp if you take five shit teams and one of them wins. Anyway, if you read back to the LSU/Oregon thread, a lot of people were taking Oregon and saying Oregon would roll LSU. It was trendy. I tried to tell them otherwise. LSU doesn't win because of QB play. They win because they have the best defense in the nation, great special teams, and a good running game. They beat teams up. I endorse this play. I don't give a shit what the line says. Look at all the "sharp" plays that lost last weekend.
    I tired to tell you people not to play Miss. State just because of the line.

Who cares if they let out class on Thursday. The students and linemakers don't play the game. LSU is one of the best teams in the country. Miss. State is a fringe top 25 team at best.

This one was easy. LSU's defense dominated and Lee was serviceable just like I tried to tell everyone.