nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Navy and Wake Forest

Just me or is there value in the under? Personally i think both offenses are sub-par and both defenses are playing pretty nice, giving up 9 and 18 points in the last 3 games respectively

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I went under 53 the first time these two played. Now the total is 42.5. So the game has already been adjusted downward a lot by the books.

Not sure there is enough value left in the number but i see where you are coming from for sure.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

The first time these 2 teams played Navy won 24-17. Wake turned the ball over 6 times!!!! Navy was up 17-0 at the half and held on for the victory.

What does everyone think about Wake in this game? Revenge is a factor and if they protect the ball this time they should win pretty easily. Right??

"Skinner was responsible for five of No. 16 Wake Forest’s six turnovers, and his fourth-quarter interception ended any comeback hopes in Navy’s 24-17 win on Saturday.
    “It’s pretty deflating for an offense and a defense when you do that,” said Skinner, who had his streak of 133 passes without an interception shattered by throwing four and losing a fumble. “It’s all on me.”
    The Demon Deacons (3-1), who had earned a reputation for disciplined play, were done in by more than just their mistake-prone quarterback. Starting left tackle Jeff Birdsong was ejected, they couldn’t run the ball and the defense couldn’t stop the nation’s top ground game."

The O/U has jumped to 43 now.... I would be scared to play the under. Wake has a problem stopping Navy's offense (600+yds) and I see Wake winning by 10+.

I think the clear play is WF-3. I suppose the under if you see a 28-6 WF victory.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by nick2060 View Post
    Just me or is there value in the under?
    Absolutely.

This WF team couldn't even put the ball in the damn endzone against MIA (FL).

NAVYs ground attacks are timely and will eat up a lot of clock.

I like the UNDER (42)

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

i like Navy in this one

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

lean to Wake Forest...

CaneDawg
    CaneDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

small play on wake

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

i think wake would have won if not for the turnover factor. they outscored navy after they decided to stop being a turnover machine. and they will not be turning the ball over nearly as many times in this meeting so they should jump out ahead early and stay there

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

No play for me on this one. However, every fabric of my being thinks Wake is going to avenge the earlier loss. But I can't make the play because I'm not confident that Wake can stop the run attack of Navy even with 2+ weeks to prepare.

E

Silverbullet
    Silverbullet's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would do a 2 team tease Navy+9/Under 49

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy's my play in this one.

clowncar
    clowncar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Wake. The rare case of getting the better team with more motivation than the lesser team.

guru-t
    guru-t's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just really started at looking at this game and I really like this one.Yeah.Navy beat Wake earlier this year I know but here are some great reasons why I feel this game won't be close.First of all,the DDecs had 6 tos in that game and it's hard to match that again.Skinner threw 5ints and they still only lost the game by 7.Secondly,the revenge factor.Lastly and most importantly,it's hard to stop that triple option of Navy the first time around.Thats why I think Navy has the success they have had against some teams they rarely play and this is the second time around.That coupled with the fact that Grobe and co has had time to prepare +the fact that Wake has some defensive line players that will be playing on Sunday and they will have too much pride and stock involved to get rolled up again leads my to think that this will not be close.I feel were getting a great advantage here on the line at -3.This line is a direct result of the way Navy played Wake earlier this year.Remember,it was a 16.5 pnt spread the first time around and as long as Wake doesn't turn the ball over and plays to their potential,thats where it should be here.The fact that Wake lost that game and it's a rematch gives us as bettors a huge advantage here.I really think that Vegas hates rematches in bowl games as they are at a disadvantage.They know it but there's going to be alot of the public on Navy based solely on that game earlier this year.Wake wins BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    I just really started at looking at this game and I really like this one.Yeah.Navy beat Wake earlier this year I know but here are some great reasons why I feel this game won't be close.First of all,the DDecs had 6 tos in that game and it's hard to match that again.Skinner threw 5ints and they still only lost the game by 7.Secondly,the revenge factor.Lastly and most importantly,it's hard to stop that triple option of Navy the first time around.Thats why I think Navy has the success they have had against some teams they rarely play and this is the second time around.That coupled with the fact that Grobe and co has had time to prepare +the fact that Wake has some defensive line players that will be playing on Sunday and they will have too much pride and stock involved to get rolled up again leads my to think that this will not be close.I feel were getting a great advantage here on the line at -3.This line is a direct result of the way Navy played Wake earlier this year.Remember,it was a 16.5 pnt spread the first time around and as long as Wake doesn't turn the ball over and plays to their potential,thats where it should be here.The fact that Wake lost that game and it's a rematch gives us as bettors a huge advantage here.I really think that Vegas hates rematches in bowl games as they are at a disadvantage.They know it but there's going to be alot of the public on Navy based solely on that game earlier this year.Wake wins BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
    im with ya on this one guru i think they will shut em down im gonna also tease them with the under

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Hope everyone got Wake Forest at -2.5.
    The line is up to 3 at just about every book now.

HEY Nicky, I finally got a good number!

homerbush
    homerbush's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3780

I seriously like Navy and the Under in this one. I think it could totally finish 17-0

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Wake -2.5 for 3 units...

bdat2d
    bdat2d's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy

i'm on navy and slight lean to under... i gotta support my Hawaii boyz .... i think Kaipo is gonna light it up!

I LUV (.) (.)
    I LUV (.) (.)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

guys remember this is a home game for navy navy+3

playing 20 miles away from home at RFK Stadium

I LUV (.) (.)
    I LUV (.) (.)'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake is 13-24 ats as a favorite.Midshipmen are 18-5 ats in all December games.Navy 25 Wake 20

guru-t

I can't stress enough that the fact that they've played already and Wake had 6 tovers and only lost by 7 is of great importance.Wake has already seen that triple option attack once and they will be ready for it this time!Wake bigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

roasthawg
    roasthawg's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Navy and the under here.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by guru-t View Post
    I can't stress enough that the fact that they've played already and Wake had 6 tovers and only lost by 7 is of great importance.Wake has already seen that triple option attack once and they will be ready for it this time!Wake bigggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Exactly Guru!!

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

so navy whips them at wake and now, at neuteral site, you guys still like wake? why

guru-t

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    so navy whips them at wake and now, at neuteral site, you guys still like wake? why
    Read a couple of posts up!!!

ryanXL977

it was more rhetorical, but i understand both sides
    i see no value on wake -3

icsky3
    I'm always broke.
    icsky3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post

I know guru just quoted ya too so i don't want this to look like a bash lol, but uhhhhhhh Navy racked up 600 yards of offense AND as we all know by now forced SIX yes SIX turnovers and still only won by seven??? A "whipping" ? Not hardly..... do yourselves a favor and take Wake Forest -3. BOL guys.

ryanXL977

thats a good point.

Skanless1
    Skanless1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Plus, in situations like this, just looking at the line itself can tell you something. If the oddsmakers thought that Navy was such a lock since they won the first game in Wake, this line would be something like Navy -7... but WF is actually favored. In my experience, when something (a line) looks to good to be true, it usually is... small lean on Wake for me and very small lean on under.

ryanXL977

linesmakers jobs isnt to predict winners, but to get equal cash on both sides
    they dont care who wins

Spoon
    Spoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

@Ryan: Wake got this!

ryanXL977

wake my win
    i got no clue
    i just see no value on wake, thats all
    maybe i should pass, then i dont have to wake up at 730am

cnizi$
    cnizi$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

wake -3

$Bnizi
    $Bnizi's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake is seeing the triple option for the second time and they have a month to prepare for it. I don't see how they can lose this one. Wake -3

WannabeWilly
    WannabeWilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I love this board & am thankful for the good insight so many of you give. It's my turn to return the favor:

If you're contemplating betting against Wake Forest, sit this one out. I follow this program closely. Navy's upset was a convergence of so many things that will not happen twice. Plus Grobe will have the defense 100% prepared.

One thing not mentioned: Wake's offense relies HEAVILY on their soon-to-be-pro placekicker Swank, who was injured last game. If he had been healthy, Wake still would have won. His agent told me last week Sam is now healthy.

12 Last