Memphis Mauler
    Memphis Mauler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk me out of a max bet on Lsu thursday

Lsu is 3.5 fav. The lsu defense is alot better than the bullys. Granted MSU has played weaker opponents to
    Have better offensive numbers. But am
    I missing something LSU should win by double digits. Any opinions?

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

brock likes them too

lolblackpeople
    lolblackpeople's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU's offense is the question here, but this should be LSU -6.5.....I don't understand this line at all after watching the Miss St/Auburn game. If this goes to -3, it should be a BIG play!

ck021
    ck021's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

I agree lsu at -3 is a steal Im think TCU airforce type of game/line lsu is better than people expect a defense won't cover 7 but a defense can certainly cover 3

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only thing to talk you out of is a max bet. All your bets should be close to the same. LSU covers easily IMO.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

LSU might have the worst QB in the SEC. Their offense is predictable, and unimaginative due to this situation. Jarrett Lee will cost LSU a big game if they are forced to play from behind.

Double Trouble
    Double Trouble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

my line is -6.5 as well and Miss St has not seen a defense like this...no brainer.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

A night game---SEC, in Starkville-----and you want to lay a number with that offense?

I don't know about that one.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

A team with a high ranking next to them only a small favorite on a thursday NIGHT ROAD game? Doesn't get any easier than this right?

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like LSU as well and especially after watching Mississippi St against Auburn this past weekend. One thing you can count on out of LSU is to play solid defense, especially against the run. Sure they are predictable on offense but the Mad Hatter has more 4-Leaf clover's up his ass than the Louisiana swamps have gators.

There is no such thing as a no-brainer when it comes to wagering. How many times have we seen a game that was so obvious only to see the most incredible things go wrong (or right) and it loses. Mississippi St can win this game (don't personally think they will or cover) if LSU makes the mistakes and the Bulldog's capitalize on those mistakes.

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    LSU might have the worst QB in the SEC. Their offense is predictable, and unimaginative due to this situation. Jarrett Lee will cost LSU a big game if they are forced to play from behind.
    LSU's defense and special teams will keep LSU's offense on a short field for most of the game. I don't see State scoring more than twice honestly. 31-14 LSU.

That being said, there is no such thing as a no-brainer. That is why it is called gambling.

dontazeme1
    dontazeme1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

i like mississippi state to surprise

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    brock likes them too
    Well, that should do it for you right there no?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by xyzky View Post
    Well, that should do it for you right there no?

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

He has brought LSU from behind against Auburn on the road a couple years ago and Florida on the road last year.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Its called HDUL and it has an alarming success rate.

Home Dog Under the Lights!!!

Throw in that their the only girl in town on Thursday night and millions from all over will be tuned in...

Throw in SEC divisional game with MISST's back already against the wall dropping 1 in week 2.

Throw in that Les Miles is pretty good with in game coaching but is not known for preparation. This is a short week with travel (albeit close travel) for LSU.

You asked a question and there is your answer not to pound LSU in this spot.

In fact, I will be taking MSST for sure here as I have seen it work this way many times... I expect MISST to look very quick and crisp for this game.

And for the record, I hate both schools from Mississippi.

Dirty D

LSUtiger
    LSUtiger's Avatar Become A Pro!

not known for preparation

parlayin
    parlayin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2037

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
    is pretty good with in game coaching

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty D View Post
    Its called HDUL and it has an alarming success rate.

Home Dog Under the Lights!!!

Throw in that their the only girl in town on Thursday night and millions from all over will be tuned in...

Throw in SEC divisional game with MISST's back already against the wall dropping 1 in week 2.

Throw in that Les Miles is pretty good with in game coaching but is not known for preparation. This is a short week with travel (albeit close travel) for LSU.

You asked a question and there is your answer not to pound LSU in this spot.

In fact, I will be taking MSST for sure here as I have seen it work this way many times... I expect MISST to look very quick and crisp for this game.

And for the record, I hate both schools from Mississippi.

Dirty D

Dude, you should quit gambling and get a gig on comedy central. That was hilarious!

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Dude, you should quit gambling and get a gig on comedy central. That was hilarious!
    Will it be that funny when LSU loses?

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Les Miles being a good in-game coach is a real laugh. in-game, he's the college football equivalent of that hoops coach in Teen Wolf. that said, LSU or nothing for me (although the under is kind of intriguing).

kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

LSU run defense has kept opponents in check w a 45ypg average including that 2 TD win over Oregon...and th offense is holding up without Jefferson...and LSU owns the series.

But MissSt is coming off a heartbreaker at Auburn where they had the edge in total yards (531 to 381) and the goal line stop on the final play. Ballard has racked up 150ypg.

Haven't finished this game yet but the early #s look like MissSt to cover

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

Its called money management. Have you heard?! Always another game. Stay disciplined, its the only way to the promise land.

willieteal
    willieteal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 302

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Mauler View Post
    Lsu is 3.5 fav. The lsu defense is alot better than the bullys. Granted MSU has played weaker opponents to

I'm leaning toward lsu, and their defense is fast, but the last time lsu played against a multiple/ spread like team with a power running game, Kniles Davis tore them apart, he may still be makin first downs. One reason for this may be that Chavis employs a lot of nickel schemes with fast linebackers and he doesn't really adjust when the other team brings in new personnel.

Msu was really able to seal the edge against Auburn.

Arkansas was able to handle lsu after coming off epic contest with msu.

also, this is some sort of "white out" game for msu, they are still having tigers wear white jerseys. This could make it even more difficult for jittery jarred lee to pick out receivers, in addition to cowbells, chitlins thrown on field etc.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Mauler View Post
    Well the line has moved quite a bit and at my book it is now -6.5. I took them on a teaser when it was at -6 to get it down to a "pk" but I don't think you are missing anything.

No such thing as sure thing and I think MSU can cover the 6.5 points which is why I did the teaser because I feel it "could" be a very close game. But if you can still get it at -3.5, then it would warrant perhaps a unit or two higher. Prudent money management dictates that no game should ever be an "all in" proposition.
    Last edited by Greyraptor; 09-14-11 at 12:38 PM.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85308

Prudent money management says do not bet this the max. I like LSU's potential to play better defense than say Auburn did vs MSU. But a team of the quality of LSU to have the QB situation it has makes it hard to think they have max bet potential very often. I like LSU, I like them to win and cover, but it is a road game on a short week, home dog, so 1%, 2% seems safer. Best of luck with your wager.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    Les Miles being a good in-game coach is a real laugh. in-game, he's the college football equivalent of that hoops coach in Teen Wolf. that said, LSU or nothing for me (although the under is kind of intriguing).
    hmmm... Seems that people homed in on one line in my post. All I care about is the SEC. I come here to get scoop on games from other conferences.

i have always thought of Les Miles as Houston Nutt with better atheletes. Both are absolutely terrible coaches that know how to push the right buttons with their players at times. But (begrudgingly) I could only say the madhatter (Les) was lucky for so many years. He has had a knack for dialing up some big time crucial plays over the years. Thats all I meant by preatty good in game coaching. I have probably watched 90% of the games they have played. I have seen all of the gaffes as well.

The bigger point is the HDUL situation. These teams usually look quicker, faster, and stronger in the HDUL situations than any other games of the year. And its division game after dropping a game. And there is no doubt who has the coaching edge here.

Another thing is that I would not necessarily be deductive in my reasoning with this game. Patsy pushes Auburn. Auburn then beats MSST. LSU beats Oregon (supposed non-patsy). Thus LSU crushes MSST. Auburn is SEC quality. Auburn lost a ton of players but had players ready to step in. The first game out for Auburn was more a matter of 1st game kinks with so many first time starters. Gus Malzahn is one HELL of an offensive coordinator. They worked out a lot of the kinks for game two and had a good SEC competative game.

LSU may cover but there is no way in hell I pound them in this spot. I will say, I gamble for entertainment reasons not as a profession. Although I am quite successful with it, money management is no fun for me. I like the excitement of "going big" on a team in the right spot. This just isn't the right spot.

Dirty D