brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Is Stanford - 20 Best Play of the Day Tomorrow??

when I saw this line, I thought it was the first half line, WTF is going on in this game???

Duke was 0-2 last year against ranked teams, losing both games by an average of 43 points

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean obviously anyone looking at the game would think so, and that's what I thought too. But everyone is hammering Stanford and the line hasnt moved an inch. That tells me something fishy is going and is reason enough to stay away. I mean obviously on paper it's a beautiful play, but you have to look at this and

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by +Even View Post
    NO IT'S NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean obviously anyone looking at the game would think so, and that's what I thought too. But everyone is hammering Stanford and the line hasnt moved an inch. That tells me something fishy is going and is reason enough to stay away. I mean obviously on paper it's a beautiful play, but you have to look at this and

again with this line movements crap??? Vegas doesn't play the games, the players do

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    again with this line movements crap??? Vegas doesn't play the games, the players do

correct....but when over 70% are on one side the line should move. but it's not. Which means people with big bucks are laying it on Duke. Which means I'm staying away. Again why the **** do people ask questions on here, if when someone answers contrary to what they think they get defensive

+Even

If you think line movement is crap then you're clueless FYI

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

correct....but when over 70% are on one side the line should move. but it's not. Which means people with big bucks are laying it on Duke. Which means I'm staying away. Again why the **** do people ask questions on here, if when someone answers contrary to what they think they get defensive
    people laying big bucks ddoesnt mean itll be a winner

+Even

Quote Originally Posted by LolsMcwinsey View Post
    people laying big bucks ddoesnt mean itll be a winner

I never said it did. You people need some ******* reading comprehension.

His question was is it the best play of the day tomorrow. And the answer I gave is no, clearly it's not the best play of the day. Did I say it's a losing play? No. Did I say it's a bad play? No. I simply answered the ******* question posed by him and gave my reasoning for why I didnt make the same play myself. God people are dumb

brahmabull117

I never said it did. You people need some ******* reading comprehension. His question was is it the best play of the day tomorrow. And the answer I gave is no, clearly it's not the best play of the day. Did I say it's a losing play? No. Did I say it's a bad play? No. I simply answered the ******* question posed by him and gave my reasoning for why I didnt make the same play myself. God people are dumb

ur reasoning is fukking retarded, that's why

there's a thread with a guy who made a bunch of line movement based plays and his record was atrocious, that's where you belong

+Even

ur reasoning is fukking retarded, that's why

there's a thread with a guy who made a bunch of line movement based plays and his record was atrocious, that's where you belong

My reasoning isn't bad. You're an idiot clearly so this is my last post, since you're ignorant and a fool. Number one don't ask a ******* question if you feel you know the answer you tool. and number two like I said I and most other people feel that Stanford will cover. The vast majority of people playing the game are on stanford. I'm not making a play on this game I'm simply saying why I'm not playing it, and it's not a play or no play based on line movement it's based on no movement.

Obviously the play should win, but there are WAAAAAY better plays out there without anything weird about them like this one.

You asked a question and I gave my answer, it happend to be contrary to what you believe and then you call me and my reasoning ******* retarded? Why didnt you title your post, I think Stanford -20 is the best play of the day, why'd you ask it in question form???

You are clearly kinda dumb and annoying, but I'll throw you a bone anyways.

The best play of the day is Northern Illinois -4.5 @ Kansas

brahmabull117

but there are WAAAAAY better plays out there without anything weird about them like this one

There are no "wayyyyy" better plays, that's fukking ridiculous. I handicapped this game with Stanford being a 30 point favorite....I have yet to find another game with a 10 point differential like that

+Even

no there isn't. I handicapped this game with Stanford being a 30 point favorite....there's no other game with a 10 point differential like that

Ok well that's your opinion, good luck with that. Like I said I was gonna play them myself. But personally I think that NIU is a much much much much much better play. We shall see tomorrow though

+Even

There are no "wayyyyy" better plays, that's fukking ridiculous. I handicapped this game with Stanford being a 30 point favorite....I have yet to find another game with a 10 point differential like that

and if you're going to quote me, please dont misquote me. I said "waaaaaaaay" not "wayyyyyyyyyyy"

brahmabull117

Ok well that's your opinion, good luck with that. Like I said I was gonna play them myself. But personally I think that NIU is a much much much much much better play. We shall see tomorrow though

I like Wisconsin to win easily tomorrow as well

I might play all 3 (**, NIU and SU) and possibly the over in the oregon and georgia game.... both oregon and georgia had a tremendous OVER record last year

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

This kind of game is right up Brahmabulls alleys.

"Looks easy, why not?"

Money
    Money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2339

Do you think the books think if they lower line then "pros" will think something is fishy instead of raising the line a few points which will only make public pound play anymore since most have the line around 30.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This kind of game is right up Brahmabulls alleys. "Looks easy, why not?"
    yea cause it's not like Stanford has dominated bad teams recently or anything

Stanford against bad teams last 2 seasons

San Jose State - Won by 54
    Oregon ST - Won by 38
    Washington - Won by 41
    Washington state - Won by 10
    Wake Forest - Won by 44
    UCLA - Won by 35
    Sac State - Won by 35

I mean if they can beat legitimate opponents by 40 points in the pac 10, then there's no way they can beat arguably the worst team in the entire country (duke) by 20 points right???

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Do you think the books think if they lower line then "pros" will think something is fishy instead of raising the line a few points which will only make public pound play anymore since most have the line around 30.

Stanford is 9-2 ATS vs bad teams last 2 seasons, this team is just awesome and duke is beyond atrocious...that's all I need to know personally

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Duke is not atrocious. They are good offensively. Just feel like Duke cannot stop Stanford, but Stanford can stop Duke.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Handicapped how? Using what, hear people say this alot, just asking how youre coming up with 30.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Stanford is 9-2 ATS vs bad teams last 2 seasons, this team is just awesome and duke is beyond atrocious...that's all I need to know personally
    Thats not the end all be all, more important things to take into account.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Quote Originally Posted by Money View Post
    Very possible, more money is bet by "public" than so called sharps.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by BernardMadoff View Post
    Handicapped how? Using what, hear people say this alot, just asking how youre coming up with 30.
    with all things being considered (previous history, level of talent on both sides of the ball, etc...), If these 2 teams play a 100 games, the average score will likely be something like 45-14

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

with all things being considered (previous history, level of talent on both sides of the ball, etc...), If these 2 teams play a 100 games, the average score will likely be something like 45-14
    Motivation is more important than all those things, even talent.

brahmabull117

Motivation is more important than all those things, even talent.

duke could play every snap like their life depended on it and still lose by double digits, they're not big enough and they're not fast enough to hold stanford under 40 points (no matter how much emotion they play with)

LolsMcwinsey
    LOL
    LolsMcwinsey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3893

that +even guy is a MORON

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

duke could play every snap like their life depended on it and still lose by double digits, they're not big enough and they're not fast enough to hold stanford under 40 points (no matter how much emotion they play with)
    Thats true, but unless that double digit number is over 20 then they dont cover. Books no doubt thinking possible backdoor cover, Stanford has a more important game at Arizona the following week and will no doubt rest most of their starters if up big late. In these situations Id estimate a seemingly overpowered team would cover a number like this about 20% of the time when the powerhouse team has a much more important game the following week. Still Im gonna look more into this, I have an angle Im pretty sure Im gonna play, good luck.

brahmabull117

Thats true, but unless that double digit number is over 20 then they dont cover. Books no doubt thinking possible backdoor cover, Stanford has a more important game at Arizona the following week and will no doubt rest most of their starters if up big late. In these situations Id estimate a seemingly overpowered team would cover a number like this about 20% of the time when the powerhouse team has a much more important game the following week. Still Im gonna look more into this, I have an angle Im pretty sure Im gonna play, good luck.

the problem in hoping for a backdoor cover is that Stanford's second and third stringers could beat duke by double digits... and the game will likely be out of control by halftime anyways

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

50-17 Stanford rolls....guaranteed.

And everybody needs to simmer down...this is a site designed to share info and help people win wagers, not act like a bunch of schoolgirls that got felt up at a drive in.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

the problem in hoping for a backdoor cover is that Stanford's second and third stringers could beat duke by double digits... and the game will likely be out of control by halftime anyways
    You can only SPECULATE that Stanford's 2nd and 3rd team is better than Duke's 1st team. 99% of people dont know the 2nd and 3rd string of various college football teams. I remember last year when Boise State was 38-0 at halftime against Idaho, everybody jumped on Boise -14 at the half, thinking it was an easy cover, both teams scored 14 points apiece in that 2nd half, Boise playing its 2nd, 3rd, AND 4th string against Idaho's 1st and 2nd string along with Idaho's backup QB. But no doubt the -20.5 could cover with ease, but history tells me its not something Id bet big on.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

And....motivation is not in question with this focused Cardinal squad. If it were, then why did they house San Jose St 55-3?

brahmabull117

but history tells me its not something Id bet big on.

what history are you looking at here??

Duke is 0-6 their last 6 games against ranked teams and the average margin of defeat there is nearly 30 points

Stanford is 11-0 last 11 games against bad teams with the average margin of victory there around 30 - 35 points as well

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

what history are you looking at here??

Duke is 0-6 their last 6 games against ranked teams and the average margin of defeat there is nearly 30 points

Stanford is 11-0 last 11 games against bad teams with the average margin of victory there around 30 - 35 points as well
    History being with a number like this...3 touchdowns, being on the road in this game, and also a more important conference game on the road the following week.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Harv View Post
    And....motivation is not in question with this focused Cardinal squad. If it were, then why did they house San Jose St 55-3?
    Stanford has to be sharper on offense to score this much away from home. Many of those scores were set up by San Jose turnovers.

brahmabull117

History being with a number like this...3 touchdowns, being on the road in this game, and also a more important conference game on the road the following week.
    Homefield advantage means nothing with a team like duke that has shown the propensity to get throttled at home

3 tds?? Stanford generally wins by 5 or 6 so that doesn't scare me either

And "more important game next week" is a bunch of nonsense. That reasoning has never really been valid in gambling anyways

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000

Homefield advantage means nothing with a team like duke that has shown the propensity to get throttled at home

3 tds?? Stanford generally wins by 5 or 6 so that doesn't scare me either

And "more important game next week" is a bunch of nonsense. That reasoning has never really been valid in gambling anyways
    How would you know if youve only been gambling for less than a year. Anyway, Duke had a pretty good ATS last year, beat or covered against good competition, seems there is some concern with their running backs, just trying to add information to help all, not a pissing contest, good luck.

12 Last