spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20517

Brian Kelly "Douchebag"

What a prick. When he's screaming and yelling at his players on the sideline he looks like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen hundreds of coaches yell at players. I've had coaches yell at me, but this fukktard takes the cake.

How much respect would you give a coach that constantly loses it and blames it on you on national television?
    Nice example coach.

Kelly needs some perspective and you would have thought that the death of the Notre Dame student filming his practice last year would have been a watershed moment for this guy. (He was at least guilty of negligence in the death - Declan Sullivan was standing 50 feet up in a hydraulic lift in 50 mph winds.)

I don't hate Notre Dame, but I hope Kelly either grows up or loses as much as he deserves.

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I don't blame him. His ass is on the line and they were given a scholarship to a primetime cfb program. You shouldn't turn the ball over five times. With that said I'm glad they did because I was on USF

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado

Quote Originally Posted by daprospecta View Post
    I don't blame him. His ass is on the line and they were given a scholarship to a primetime cfb program. You shouldn't turn the ball over five times. With that said I'm glad they did because I was on USF
    I know he's under as much pressure as any coach in the nation, but that doesn't excuse his behavior.

He showed his ass.

dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

im 100% fine with it. you are a player at a prestigious university, #16 in country at the time, and you are getting paid 52,000.00 a year to play football (scholarship money.) too many pussies in the world that dont yell at kids, discipline kids

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kelly is an awesome coach! You want to see and hear a coach yell, check out that basketball coach as Kansas State Frank Martin some time. Brian Kelly is a winner, and will bring make Notre Dame a winner again soon.

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    im 100% fine with it. you are a player at a prestigious university, #16 in country at the time, and you are getting paid 52,000.00 a year to play football (scholarship money.) too many pussies in the world that dont yell at kids, discipline kids
    I'm all for discipline. I'm talking about character and respect. If you think he showed either then we have to agree to disagree.

dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

i love and respect bobby knight.....kelly is no where near him, but knight had character and got more discpline from his players than anyone.....just sayin yelling and occassional embarrassment works imo. i see what you are sayin, but i think it was a one time thing due to the horrid performance

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

agreed played college football for four years... pathetic how kids get babied now a days... light a fire under these kids asses... they need be screamed and yelled out.. plus get the camera off Kelly and on the players

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

And what does it make Nick Saban when he actually spanks his player on the field----while leading 30-3.

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

What makes Kelly a prick is that he didn't coach his undefeated Cincinnatti team in their bowl game ...

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

A good coach is one who can look at a player and 'get some act right'. The ones who act like damn fools, yelling all the freaking time, stripping the players of their dignity, are the ones who are control freaks. They are not really respected by their players. Bill Parcells used to be able to look at a player who screwed up and that player would walk to the other end of the sideline to avoid being near Parcells. And all his former players said he was a 'players coach' and was well respected. An example of the wrong kind of coach is Nick Saban. He has excellent knowledge of the game of football, but has no communication skills whatsoever. These coaches are the selfish kind. They appear to be 'concerned about teaching their players', but that is far from the truth. They only care about winning at all costs, because they are as insecure as a fat chick at the prom with no date. These kind of coaches don't even treat their assistants with respect. It is not being 'a pussy' if you treat a player with some dignity. That player will actually try harder for you if he feels that you are for him and not against him. It is all about your tone, not about how freaking loud you yell or any dumb shit like that.

collie
    collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

A good coach will know how to read his players. In a team it is filled with a range of personalities. Some guys will respond best when the coach is up in there face other guys will respond better to a quiet word and being told what he needs to be better at. A coach needs to realize this. There is definitly a time for a good spray but I think to yell and scream all the time is not the best thing to do as a coach

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

Quote Originally Posted by collie View Post
    A good coach will know how to read his players. In a team it is filled with a range of personalities. Some guys will respond best when the coach is up in there face other guys will respond better to a quiet word and being told what he needs to be better at. A coach needs to realize this. There is definitly a time for a good spray but I think to yell and scream all the time is not the best thing to do as a coach

You have to be a great manager of personalites. Among other things. No one cares how much you know until you show how much you care.

jagaf22
    jagaf22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 28

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Bay Player View Post
    What makes Kelly a prick is that he didn't coach his undefeated Cincinnatti team in their bowl game
    This I agree with! You owe it to the Seniors if no one else.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't agree. I played for a very good high school team in PA in the early 2000's and we had a great coach. He was great because he knew when to tear into you and he knew when to tap you on the helmet and tell you to keep your head in the game.

You cannot show me one video, where a Notre Dame player screwed up from Saturday, where Kelly didn't yell at his player like a 2 year old.

How about when the kicker missed a FG. He yelled at him. IS HE AN IDIOT? A kickers confidence is as fragile as a dozen eggs. I missed a very short field goal (I started safety too before the kicking jokes come rolling in) in the state title game right before half time. My head was down heading into the locker room because I was really bummed out. The head coach saw me, was pissed, and kind of yelled at me. Why? Because my head was down, not because I missed the FG, which was encouraging.

Kelly is a flat out idiot. Flat out. You can't yell every single time a player makes a mistake. It's going to make them so afraid of making a mistake that they are going to, in fact, make mistakes. I just threw in a personal experience and noticed that there wasn't one time where he didn't yell.

In 2005, Penn State's Kevin Kelly missed a plethora of field goals in the Orange Bowl. After the 2nd or 3rd miss in overtime, Paterno walked over to him. He patted him on the helmet as he talked into his facemask then patted him again as he walked away. That's a coach. Kelly would have benched him and would have put in a WR to kick if they were out of kickers. He's an idiot and I would never ever play for him. NEVER. If I saw him encourage ONE player, my opinion might be different but that isn't the case.

Kufta4
    Kufta4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by collie View Post
    Exactly dude.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

...uum, if your team was losing to a bunch of bananas from South Florida on National TV, you'd be screaming too...

...ND seems to have gotten away form picking classy coaches lately. However, measured against Charlie Weis everyone seems to have class.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    Brian Kelly is a quitter

fixed your post

MartinBlank

I'm no ND fan, but c'mon guys----- you're busting on him because he took the ND job?

He isn't the first coach to do that, and he did himself, Cincinnati, and ND all favors by moving on quickly. By leaving early, he had to chance to being recruiting----which is the life blood of every single program. As for Cincinnati, they had the chance to name their guy quick---and he had the chance to begin recruiting for Cincy.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

i agree..what a ******* baby .....looks like a mad 10 year old

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I'd take him in a heart beat over tea and crumpets Richt

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    I'm no ND fan, but c'mon guys----- you're busting on him because he took the ND job?

He isn't the first coach to do that, and he did himself, Cincinnati, and ND all favors by moving on quickly. By leaving early, he had to chance to being recruiting----which is the life blood of every single program. As for Cincinnati, they had the chance to name their guy quick---and he had the chance to begin recruiting for Cincy.
    Kelly screwed Cincy
    He bent Cincy over the table and did them with prison lube.

I hope the prick goes 0 for 92 there

MartinBlank

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Kelly screwed Cincy
    He bent Cincy over the table and did them with prison lube.

I hope the prick goes 0 for 92 there
    Well, he already won a bowl game at ND, so there goes the 0-92 likelihood.

How did he screw Cincy?

What exactly had Cincy done before Kelly? It wasn't as if Cincinnati was in other BCS bowls before him.

You guys have short memories. Cincinnati was middling it before Kelly arrived---and they have crashed after he left. Urban Meyer left programs early-----BGSU anr Utah for his shot at Florida. Brady Hoke actually announced to the world he would leave SD State for the Michigan job ---before Rodriguez was even fired.

I'm not sure why anyone would begrudge a man a pay raise and a better opportunity.

BeBrave
    Bang Biscuit
    BeBrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

I live in South Bend and everyone affiliated with ND is an arrogant douche nozzle.... Just Sayin

collie
    collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

Quote Originally Posted by Kufta4 View Post
    I don't agree. I played for a very good high school team in PA in the early 2000's and we had a great coach. He was great because he knew when to tear into you and he knew when to tap you on the helmet and tell you to keep your head in the game.

You cannot show me one video, where a Notre Dame player screwed up from Saturday, where Kelly didn't yell at his player like a 2 year old.

How about when the kicker missed a FG. He yelled at him. IS HE AN IDIOT? A kickers confidence is as fragile as a dozen eggs. I missed a very short field goal (I started safety too before the kicking jokes come rolling in) in the state title game right before half time. My head was down heading into the locker room because I was really bummed out. The head coach saw me, was pissed, and kind of yelled at me. Why? Because my head was down, not because I missed the FG, which was encouraging.

Kelly is a flat out idiot. Flat out. You can't yell every single time a player makes a mistake. It's going to make them so afraid of making a mistake that they are going to, in fact, make mistakes. I just threw in a personal experience and noticed that there wasn't one time where he didn't yell.

In 2005, Penn State's Kevin Kelly missed a plethora of field goals in the Orange Bowl. After the 2nd or 3rd miss in overtime, Paterno walked over to him. He patted him on the helmet as he talked into his facemask then patted him again as he walked away. That's a coach. Kelly would have benched him and would have put in a WR to kick if they were out of kickers. He's an idiot and I would never ever play for him. NEVER. If I saw him encourage ONE player, my opinion might be different but that isn't the case.
    That's a really good post mate

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post

unless that small program cincy got a big name coach- a lot of people would be sketchy about going there with so little surety amidst.

this bearcats team was on an upswing and believing on themselves and really turning into a respectable program and kelly just selfishly abandons his men and takes a fancier job to get more famous.

the guys a dickhole and i hope ND doesnt win a game all season.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I am curious about who Kelly was screaming at. Was it a star player he wants to motivate or some scrub or borderline starter that he wants to intimidate? Most coaches treat players differently based upon the player's value to the team (coach).

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

qb, line and other responsible offensive players after multiple turnovers.

pretty justified. but hes still a dickhole.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Return to Glory.

Broken-Ear Glen
    Broken-Ear Glen's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BeBrave View Post
    I live in South Bend and everyone affiliated with ND is an arrogant douche nozzle.... Just Sayin
    Amen...probably couldn't be a bigger bunch of dickheads in the world than at ND.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by Broken-Ear Glen View Post

Amen...probably couldn't be a bigger bunch of dickheads in the world than at ND.
    They've earned the right with all the recent success they have had...oh wait.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The fact is that too much is expected out of Kelly and the Irish. Every game must be a win, because their program has been nothing but crap lately. Notre Dame fans are under the false impression that their team can return to greatness overnight. They will never be the Irish of old.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by spurginobili View Post

What a prick. When he's screaming and yelling at his players on the sideline he looks like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen hundreds of coaches yell at players. I've had coaches yell at me, but this fukktard takes the cake.

How much respect would you give a coach that constantly loses it and blames it on you on national television?
    Nice example coach.

Kelly needs some perspective and you would have thought that the death of the Notre Dame student filming his practice last year would have been a watershed moment for this guy. (He was at least guilty of negligence in the death - Declan Sullivan was standing 50 feet up in a hydraulic lift in 50 mph winds.)

I don't hate Notre Dame, but I hope Kelly either grows up or loses as much as he deserves.
    as
    When he was at Cincinnati he attempted something like a 59 yard FG against Pitt. The sideline reporter asked him before HT why he did it and he said "oh well the kicker told me could make it" and sort of rolled his eyes. What a prick.