It opened at -17 which was the number i played yesterday at Heritage

noles79
    noles79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

wish i got it at 17. still like them though

bruce0
    bruce0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

I don't get it, why is it staying at 21? should be at least 21.5 or higher. Especially with a new duke team and one of their main RBs out. Something about these SAT bowl type games?

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I just do not see any way in hell that Stanford does not win this game by 30. I am surprised that the spread is only at 21 to 21.5. I got it at 19.5 and at 20, but this was right when the lines were released. Duke for one was rated to finish dead last in the ACC.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Duke stinks.

alwayswinning
    alwayswinning's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always bet on the Cardinal. If memory serves me correctly they only lost 1 game ATS last year and that was the Oregon game.

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Last week the spread was -28.5 against San Jose and they won by 53

Dont overthink it

It was my top bet of the week and I knew I had it by the 1st quarter

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good job Bookies! The stroll to the pay window must have been sweettttttttt! Keep it going!

bruce0

Yeah I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a big play but the fact that virtually everyone is on Stanford, and the line still isn't rising is questionable. But you're right shouldn't overthink the negative plenty of reasons to play it.

ImmaBammer12
    ImmaBammer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Yeah, I have to believe this is an easy money play here. Luck is going to pad his stats for the NFL since the lame schedule Stanford has this year keeps out of a realistic chance for the Heisman.

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont say easy money or lock or any of those things. Lets just win the money without jinxing ourselves

funnyman
    funnyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5616

That is so true.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ExperienceWins View Post
    Dont say easy money or lock or any of those things. Lets just win the money without jinxing ourselves
    You got that right! No such thing as the "L" word in sports. That aside, still like Stanford -21 or however many this goes to.

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the game but the line movement or lack there of makes me wonder If this is a fixed game or something errie.

bruce0

Yes, this is not an easy play because of the stagnant line movement. Definitely has the movement to indicate bait, and we all know if it's too good to be true it usually is. But yes this seems like it should be a good candidate for a regular play. Too bad it's not rising because I would play with more confidence.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is odd for sure, but unless Luck takes his foot off the gas, Cardinal rolls.

bruce0

I'm thinking there may be an aspect of Standford looking ahead past Duke to bigger games, and I suppose they're statistically similar this season. still don't see it, especially with one of Duke RBs questionable.

BeBrave
    Bang Biscuit
    BeBrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

Thanks for the insight guys!

my2pennies
    my2pennies's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look what Bama did at Duke last year. I see no reason to not pound Stanford

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

PAC-10/12 teams playing East Coast teams often have trouble, e.g. UCLA @ Kansas State and Washington @ OK State, each in week one last year. Because of the emphasis on conference play these teams don't travel nearly as much as other major conference schools and often only have one game all season more than a couple of states away. That said, I'll take Stanford at -21 but under no circumstances would I ever call this (or any game, for that matter) a "lock."

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by alwayswinning View Post
    Always bet on the Cardinal. If memory serves me correctly they only lost 1 game ATS last year and that was the Oregon game.
    hmmm, I have them at 8-4 ATS for 2010 with ATS losses against Oregon, USC (won 37-35 line at -10), Washington State (won 38-28 line at -36) and Arizona State (won 17-13 line at 4.5). Still, that aside, I am still going to pound this one against Duke.

+Even
    +Even's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma St. -14 ALLLLLLLL day

sorry
    Last edited by +Even; 09-07-11 at 12:39 PM. Reason: ooops wrong thread

TwoWays

Lol. Standford is favored by 3 Tds playing away. They were only favored by one more Td at home against San Jose. That is a pretty lopsided number indicating Standford should dominate Duke, don't know what you guys are seeing in the line.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Stanford also lost at Wake Forest in week 2 in 2009 and blasted them in Palo Alto last year. It ain't easy tavelling across the country and playing a game for whatever reasons. Maryland beats Cal at home and get blasted in Berkeley. UT destroys Cal at home and gets blasted in Berkeley. You can go on and on.

TwoWays

We not talkin' about 09' Standford team. We talkin' about the 6th ranked 11' team that still has a lot of veteran players from last years 12-1 team. After all this talk I would dare say no one would lay loot on Duke, even though they are defending Duke as a good enough team to possibly cover.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Stanford also lost at Wake Forest in week 2 in 2009 and blasted them in Palo Alto last year. It ain't easy tavelling across the country and playing a game for whatever reasons. Maryland beats Cal at home and get blasted in Berkeley. UT destroys Cal at home and gets blasted in Berkeley. You can go on and on.
    Traveling cross country is tough but this is a 330 game. That really helps. Puts it at 1230 Stanford time. If it were a noon game I would be a bit more worried with Stanford players feeling like it was 9 am. I'm on Stanford so here's hoping they aren't jet lagged!

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

I see lots of points in this game. I see Stanford covering the spread too. A 45-17 type of game.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    A lot of the Sportsmemo crew on Duke +21 for this reason. They feel the travel, that Stanford may pound the ball more and eat up clock to preserve Luck for conference play, and that the Duke O is capable of scoring against anyone leads to their lean.

I'm still liking my -20.5, but I only have one unit on it.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    A lot of the Sportsmemo crew on Duke +21 for this reason. They feel the travel, that Stanford may pound the ball more and eat up clock to preserve Luck for conference play, and that the Duke O is capable of scoring against anyone leads to their lean.

I'm still liking my -20.5, but I only have one unit on it.
    I think even if Stanford does nothing but run they could cover this spread. If Duke does score some, look for Luck play action to his TE's off the run for big plays. Stanford knows they have a weak schedule, if they want to make noise they can't afford to only beat Duke by 10-15. I don't think Stanford will take them lightly.

bruce0

Finally someone is on Duke +21! That makes one to one million

TwoWays

Stanford will want to run the ball, yes. But I have to tell you that most of their scoring will come through the air. Their run-game last week was poor, so they will want to get out of the game fast and not lean on their running game for points. The best approach for saving Luck would be to win the game early so he doesn't have to be out playing in the 4th quarter.

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

Stanford has Arizona the following week they just may not care to blow Duke out of the water on the road, no doubt the Linesmaker is expecting a possible backdoor cover.

bruce0

So if the linesmaker expects a backdoor cover are they really taking a side here that's Duke +21?

Dirty Bay Player
    Dirty Bay Player's Avatar Become A Pro!

Stanford's offense deserves all the respect it gets, but their defense is also very good. I think with a new coach being afraid of a let down they are going to come out with their ears pinned back and get up big, early. I just don't see any other outcome than them steamrolling Duke in the first half. Only way they don't cover is if they get stuffed in the red zone 4-5 times and have to settle for field goals. Speaking of which, they were 8-8 in the red zone last week (granted, against powerhouse San Jose St.) and 88% in the red zone last season. Duke's going to need to some magic not to be down by 21 at halftime. We're talking deflected passes, Andrew Luck getting inured on the first series type of magic. Just don't see it happening.

Plus - Stanford playing in disrespected Pac 12 and knowing they need every edge to get into championship even if they run the tables ... last thing they want is a close win at weak ass Duke tainting their record. I don't see them getting conservative if they get up by 21. They will try to get a TD on every single possession until the final whistle, IMHO.

12 Last