Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

OSU to Roll on Saturday

Ok so I am new to the SBR Forum and hope to learn a lot from some of you who have been around for a while. My first pick for Saturday 9/3/11 is Ohio State -32 over Akron and here is why:

Ohio State looks to have an "us versus them" mentality this year after all of the off season turmoil leading to Coach Tressel's resignation and Luke Fickell's promotion to head coach. The recent suspension of three more players have helped to lower the line further than what it probably should be. The Buckeyes defense have four starters back from last years stingy defense that gave up just 14.3 ppg. Akron is returning eight starters from a defense that allowed 35 ppg. Specifically, Akron surrendered 264 avg pass yds and 164 rush yds per game at a rate of 4.3 ypr! I am not sure that Akron can score more than two field goals and everyone on the Buckeyes offense will be foaming at the mouth to get their hands on the ball.

I look for OSU to come out and make an early statement and for Luke Fickell to make an impression at home in front of "Buckeye Nation" that even though all is NOT well in Columbus, Akron is no match for their interstate rival. Fickell will want to join in the ranks of those coaches that have won 32 straight home openers by an average of 21 ppg and take this one 48-3.

GL all!

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Final Score Ohio State - 42 Akron - 0