TPA
    TPA's Avatar Become A Pro!

Badgers -35 tonight

WI is going to be looking to make a statment tonight at home but not sure if they can cover. UNLV will score and I expect some opening day jitters to slow down the badgers.
    Thoughts??? Im no expert by any means

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Only thing I can say is that its impossible to make a statement against one of th worst 5 teams in the country. Only way to make a statement is losing outright. Wisky expects to win, and UNLV expects to lose.

cheesehead004
    cheesehead004's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wiscy can easily blast UNLV by 70... the only problem in a spot like this is: Do they even care enough to beat them down once they are up 21-28 pts? Throw in the clock situation with Wisconsin's run-heavy offense and this is just a no play for me the 1st week of the season.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

UNLV + 20.5 1st half.

Bigg Dick
    Bigg Dick's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a look at Whiskey. They may cover those 35 points (but I'm not a player). Russell Wilson, who threw for 3500 yards last year for NC St, and fresh off the baseball diamond in the minor leagues will be the QB. This is an upgrade at the QB position. Wilson was a 2 yr. starter at NC St. with a 1000 more passing yards than Tolzien had last year at Whiskey. Wilson is a cool operator. Graduated in 4 years, played 2 sports, drafted in 4th round MLB, got paid, played a few weeks of minor league ball, and enrolled at Wisconsin Grad School, and became eligible to play one more year. UNLV returns 7 on off. and 5 def. They were ranked 118 and 111 respectively, where as Whiskey returns 4 on off., with an upgrade at QB, and 6 on def. with the kicker and punter returning. Whiskey -35 is a play.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

isn't the game tomorrow?

DaEntre
    DaEntre's Avatar Become A Pro!

yessir

BeBrave
    Bang Biscuit
    BeBrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

Premature

Quote Originally Posted by DaEntre View Post
    yessir
    e bob!

ExperienceWins
    ExperienceWins's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMO it is not a play that we can feel very confident in as you cap the game. Even though I like it (Wisky was my pick for the National Championship Game last year prior to the season), I can easily see them winning by 40+, but I can also see them allowing a backdoor cover or sitting on a 30 point lead. Never know. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!

coca84
    coca84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

I like UNLV+35. Wisconsin is always slow out of the gate. They are a run heavy offense, and will drain the clock. Yes Wilson is good, but new to the program. Plus Wisconsin loss some great O-line players. UNLV's coach is in his 2nd year, and they are not that bad. BOL!

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

If we can get a team total, I think it will be about 47 and I think Wisky will score that many easily.

Stompin_Tom
    Stompin_Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4140

Quote Originally Posted by coca84 View Post
    I like UNLV+35. Wisconsin is always slow out of the gate. They are a run heavy offense, and will drain the clock. Yes Wilson is good, but new to the program. Plus Wisconsin loss some great O-line players. UNLV's coach is in his 2nd year, and they are not that bad. BOL!

yeah, but i dont think wisconsins running game is gonna be a steelers type grind it out running game in this contest. its gonna be chunks of yardage and those chunks are gonna get bigger as the game goes on. not to mention the clear upgrade at quarterback, wilson, who was a very solid player at nc state with much less talent around him. i think its wisconsin or nothing.

DBaseball23
    DBaseball23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by TWEETS View Post
    If we can get a team total, I think it will be about 47 and I think Wisky will score that many easily.

White Rhino
    White Rhino's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the under in this game. 56 points in an opener is a lot of points for one team to score. Saying that wisco is going to do all the scoring. I see an early lead then a strong running game.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

Quote Originally Posted by DBaseball23 View Post
    That would be a game total not a team total. I am waiting for a book to release how many points they think Wisconsin will score by themselves. It's going to have to be roughly 47 to make their total and line come out right.

big cheyo
    big cheyo's Avatar Become A Pro!

i believe the badgers will cover way more than that line but looks like a good pick

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

when Wisconsin runs the ball they get a lot of big gains. In college football the clock stops on first downs, So the teams that run the ball effectively in college don't burn the clock as bad as NFL teams. -35 moved to -35.5 so Wisconsin is getting action, and rightfully so. They were one of the teams last season that were blowing teams out by ridiculous margins.

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Why would they open the season with a game like this. Bad scheduling.

JRYAN34
    JRYAN34's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the over is a LOCK @ 56. With such a huge spread, it is usually a nail biter, but being from WI, crushing them by 60+ is a high possibility.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

ok let me make this easy for everyone..i live 20 mins from madison..everyone is pumped to be back its getting crazy around these parts....if anyone watched the game last year at unlv u saw a 3 touchdown win..but what u didnt see r turnovers in the red zonethat killed drives..wisky shoould have won that game by 50..now they might not be as talented as last year losing 3 offensive linemen to the nfl as well as watt and tolzien..but the arrival of russell wilson has most badger fans more excited than ever with the dynamc he brings..we have never had a dual threat qb that was worth anything..brooks bollinger doesnt count lol...montee ball and james white are both studs and the defense will be improved in my opinion. unlv is in deep crap this year and this is not a good way to start...mark my words..wisky is going to run all over them and this game is going to be blowout city!!!..TAKE WISKY and feel good about it...56-13 badgers...gl everyone

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beilema is too much of an ass to sit on a lead...dont worry about that.