Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vinny V SEASON LONG CFB

First picks of the year: Sept 1.

Memphis +27.5 (1 unit)
    Nova +5 (1 unit)

I may update these later depending on line movement. Always check back for my picks near gametime if you follow me this year. This is my best sport easily. Hope you all have a profitable FB season.

V

miketp223
    miketp223's Avatar Become A Pro!

Got any reasons for memphis +27.5? I know most of the public is on the other side. MSU beat them 49-7 last year

Vin_vermillion

Memphis will be improved this season. At home, opening game....just think they will keep it close for a half....close enough that MSU doesnt cover.

1 star plays - so these are my lowest plays. Most of my higher plays will be on Saturday night games.

Picks will range from 1 to 5 units. I am a $100 bettor, so that will give everyone and idea of where I stand at the end of the year.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3169

Memphis will be improved? Based on what? Please explain...

Vin_vermillion

LOL - bet MSU. I don't care...

I am posting my picks here. When I am up 50 units at the end of the year, you guys can all question me then....

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

Dude, chill out. I'm not questioning you...I'm simply trying to gather your insight. I personally like MSU, but I would like to get the viewpoint of someone who is leaning Memphis. You said you think Memphis will be improved...how so? I personally think teams always make a decent jump in year 2 of a new head coach. However, I think that Memphis will struggle early even at home with only 5 returning starters.

Vin_vermillion

Check out the QB they got from Wake - I think that he will be able to break contain some against MSU. MSU's offense is not great. I think it may be close going into the fourth qtr, and Memphis covers.

I am REALLY not trying to be a dick, just so you know- it's just that I dont have ton of insights and I won't be doing fancy write ups for the games. Usually when I see write ups it turns me off and I bet the other way anyway.....

I personally also like small conference dogs in the first game of the season against teams that are "breakout" teams.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

No worries. I wasn't trying to be a jerk either. Just wanted to see what you thought about Memphis. I'm with ya on the QB, I think he is going to be a nice fit. Opening night game too so you now the public will be pounding the favs. BOL.

Vin_vermillion

BOL to you as well man.

What do you think of your boys this season? I am a Notre Dame fan....but respect Michigan and hope to see them make a come back.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

I may be being optimistic...but I see 8-9 wins, with 10 being an absolute, albiet surprising possibility. The whole Big 10 is down, and Mich St. and Ohio St. are way overrated in my opinion. I do however, think that your Irish will come away with a win this year...but it will certainly be tough considering it will be the first ever night game in Michigan Stadium.

What do you think of ND this year? I'm a BIG Brian Kelly fan.

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue23 View Post
    I may be being optimistic...but I see 8-9 wins, with 10 being an absolute, albiet surprising possibility. The whole Big 10 is down, and Mich St. and Ohio St. are way overrated in my opinion. I do however, think that your Irish will come away with a win this year...but it will certainly be tough considering it will be the first ever night game in Michigan Stadium.

What do you think of ND this year? I'm a BIG Brian Kelly fan.
    I might be being optomistic too, but I think for once, we are not over rated.

I do think we get the win in ANN ARBOR this year.....mostly because I dont get that line. If oyu have seen it, it looks like it is going to come out as ND about -5.

I think 9-3 or 10-2 is a very real possibility for us as well.

I think Michigan is going to still have some growing pains, but with the recruiting class coming in for next year....they definitely aren't going to be down too much longer. Brighter day's ahead for sure in Ann Arbor.

GoBlue23
    Penetrate

I'm with ya on the Irish. No way they are overrated this year. BK knows how to get it done. 10 or 11 wins is a real possibility for them IMO. There isn't one team on thier schedule they can't beat. They will be favored in most, if not all their games. Definetly looking foward to that rivarly becoming relevant on a national stage once again.

Vin_vermillion

Adding western KY +19.

2 unit play

raiderhater9572
    raiderhater9572's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 787

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    Check out the QB they got from Wake - I think that he will be able to break contain some against MSU. MSU's offense is not great. I think it may be close going into the fourth qtr, and Memphis covers.

I am REALLY not trying to be a dick, just so you know- it's just that I dont have ton of insights and I won't be doing fancy write ups for the games. Usually when I see write ups it turns me off and I bet the other way anyway.....

I personally also like small conference dogs in the first game of the season against teams that are "breakout" teams.
    come on the QB they got from WAKE? So you think a QB that couldn't beat out a true freshman left handed QB (Tanner Price) is the missing link from Memphis? That's some professional insight.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before you get upset-----best of luck to you this year.

But I am with GoBlue as well. Memphis is a horrible team. In fact, they may be the worst team in 1-A football. Larry Porter is a bad coach. Memphis is 7-16 against the number the last 2 years.

I never want anyone to lose---but I think you are risking your money by betting on a 1-11 team that has 3 offensive starters returning, and hasn't recruited well at all.

The only bright spot they had on defense was Mo Seisay. He was on CUSA's All-Freshman team, and he left the program. He was expected to be a starting corner.

BTW---the kid from Wake couldn't even earn the starting job for Memphis.

TWEETS
    57% NCAAF
    TWEETS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

I would take Memphis if it gets to +28, I think they have a chance to suprise

Vin_vermillion

I am going to restart my thread - too much talk in this one all ready....not that I dont enjoy it but I am going to try to start out the thread clean at least. Thanks guys.