Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who will start at QB for Ohio State?

Has anyone heard ? Very curious. Please tell me it's not Bauserman he is garbage. I heard that got a new black kid a freshman that is supposed to be better than Pryor. Any chance he starts?

Anybody see Ohio State going undefeated this year? Very weak schedule ... the way I see it , it's pretty much a 4 game season for Ohio State.

Only 4 games that could present a challenge on Ohio States schedule
    @Nebraska- only real challenge IMO
    Wisconsin
    Penn State
    @Michigan

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Braxton miller 95%. In the VERY slim possibility it's not him I think it would be Kenny Guiton over Bauserman.

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Honestly think they'll throw Guiton to the wolves before playing musical QB's between Miller and Bauserman.

Ice House

what are the chances ohio state is not allowed to play in a bowl game this year?

Ice House

whoever the Buckeyes start is going to look good in the first couple games so I doubt there will be a need to play musical QB's... I just don't think Bauserman has any upside or play making ability.

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    Honestly think they'll throw Guiton to the wolves before playing musical QB's between Miller and Bauserman.
    No. If Bauserman doesn't start the first game he will never start. And there isn't going to be any throwing to the wolves, the first 2 games are going to be easy. Expect Braxton from day #1 no reason to start a sophomore over the #1 QB recruit.

The Bet Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    what are the chances ohio state is not allowed to play in a bowl game this year?
    1%. First of all the assumptions are now that they won't get a bowl game ban, secondly the hearing is the 12th, and typically the infractions come out at minimum 4-6 Weeks later (Seeing how this case is big it might be earlier) so If they come out after the season started they'd be for 2012 not 2011. the 1% I give is the chance they don't win 6 games.

Ice House

that is good news. I just hope the Buckeyes secondary has some good young talent and hopefully another good young WR.

The Bet Master

that is good news. I just hope the Buckeyes secondary has some good young talent and hopefully another good young WR.
    I've heard Bauserman might actually get the job now around the forums, I still doub it though. And for the secondary it should be fine as long as we don't get the injury bug.

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

We have young depth at WR and we never got to worry about defense. Time to spread tje field like west virginia or nebraska and utilize our backs and young qb miller, I played against him in seventh grade. He playec in my high schools conference gwoc.

Ice House

I really like the futures bet Ohio State to win the big 10 at 5-1 odds...

Even if they lose to Nebraska on the road , they can still play them again on neutral turf for the Big 10 championship game.

Nebraska is pretty much a one man show right? That QB Martinez just runs for 300 yards a game?

brucesmall
    How do i post
    brucesmall's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think that Ohio State has a great shot at the Big Ten Championship this year. I was considering this myself.

Ice House

yeah everyone has written ohio state off b/c of the recent departure of Tressel and Pryor. The Buckeyes are a football powerhouse they don't rebuild they re-load. Their 3rd stringers could go out and win 80% of the games on the schedule.

Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldnt be looking for much of a year outof the buckeyes. Vegas has them at -190 to win under 9 games. Vegas doesnt think they are going to be very good. I think they may be looking at 8-4

Ice House

I think they will go undefeated. Soft schedule with only game I am concerned about is @Nebraska.

Vin_vermillion

I think they will go undefeated. Soft schedule with only game I am concerned about is @Nebraska.
    Vegas would not have the over/under at 9 (-190) on the under if OSU was going to go undefeated. I like your pizzaz though!

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

You don't think Wisconsin will beat them?

That is one of if not the toughest teams in the BIG10. I think it will be an interesting year, but I think Nebraska and Wisconsin are both losses.

HR Paperstacks
    HR Paperstacks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, Nebraska is not a fun place for Freshman QB's. Especially in against a tough Bo Pelini Blackshirt defense. Cant wait for that game it will be interesting to see how the season unfolds for OSU. Not really sure what to make of them at this point.

Vin_vermillion

Losses to Nebraska, Wisconsin, at miami fla, and maybe to MSU or PSU. They will beat Michigan once again though

TrapperDapper
    TrapperDapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4733

Miami should find a way to lose they always do. Only losable games are at Nebraska and against Wisconsin but Osu doesn't lose at home.