Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Texas A&M Over 8.5 Wins

Let me off by saying that I am a huge Big 12/11 football fan and I have been since I was young. I am an aggie so this might be biased but I still think this is a good bet and this is why:

This is the year A&M has been building for for four years, it's shermans team now. A&M plays 7 home games and I think this is going to be one of the years where the big 12/11 struggles a little bit. The home schedule is smu, Idaho, osu to start the season and then Baylor Kansas Missour and Texas.
    I don't see a problem in the first two games vs. Smu (even though it will be a tough game I think) and Idaho. The third game is going to show us alot about how deserving A&M is of the number 9 seed, i think playing at Kyle field is going to be the difference because it will most likely be a main game that week and we all know how A&M fans show up to important games (any game For that matter). Baylor shouldn't be a problem at all along with Kansas. The Texas game is always a fight for either team no matter the skill level of each team but let's just say Texas wins this one that is 6 wins with four games left vs Arkansas, Kansas state, tech and Oklahoma. Arkansas has beaten us the past two years but last year a&m played them down to the wire and they no longer have mallet at qb, I think a&m shows up in a big way and wins a high scoring game in cowboy stadium so that is seven. The tech game is always a tough one for us in Lubbock and we all know how much they like to pull upsets vs good opponents especially at home but with them rebuilding I see us coming out with the W so that is 8 with Kansas state and Oklahoma left. The Oklahoma game has the potential to be #1 vs #2-4 or 5 if a&m takes care of business and have some upper seeds help but I do not see us winning in ok vs a stoops #1 ranked team so that leaves Kansas state for the 9th win which won't be a problem.

A&Ms defense has gotten alot better even with the loss of Von and the players really feel the wrecking crew might be making a come back even though it's far from where It used to be.

With Cyrus grey and Christian Michael in the back field and fueller and swope running routes the A&M offense has a chance to really shine.

Starting the season off with this:
    Texas a&m over 8.5 wins 10x

Best of luck on everyones plays this season and as always feedback is welcome.

soonerfan
    soonerfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think they win 10 games easy.

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

What book offers this?

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Over 8.5 is sitting at -196 at Pinnacle (Under 8.5 +166). That's a lot of juice.

Best case scenario, I could see the Aggies going 10-2, however I see four of those potential wins being close games, with wins by less than a touchdown. I project the most likely scenario being an 8-4 season with losses to Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, and this team could easily be 8-3 heading into the Texas game. I don't think this is a strong bet, and I feel that they'll need to get some lucky bounces in the big games to get to 9+ wins.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It is the Big 12/10, not 11. A&M returns a lot of players, but the defense will have to continue to improve. An offensively inept LSU destroyed them in their bowl game last year. I think that if you are giving nearly 2-1 on this wager, it is very risky. A&M plays SMU to open the season. They should win that game, but you never know. Then their is the critical game against Oklahoma State. A week later they play Arkansas. I can easily see two straight losses there, especiaslly if A&M loses to Okie State at home. A&M then gets Missouri at home, a week before their automatic loss at Oklahoma. Look ahead game? And there is always the huge Rivalry against Texas to end the season. This wager would be good at -120, but not at -196 or so.

JosephPavs
    JosephPavs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

TAMU Will be a top 5 program at the end of the season

allenlud23
    allenlud23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    The Over 8.5 is sitting at -196 at Pinnacle (Under 8.5 +166). That's a lot of juice.

Best case scenario, I could see the Aggies going 10-2, however I see four of those potential wins being close games, with wins by less than a touchdown. I project the most likely scenario being an 8-4 season with losses to Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas, and this team could easily be 8-3 heading into the Texas game. I don't think this is a strong bet, and I feel that they'll need to get some lucky bounces in the big games to get to 9+ wins.
    I'm with you on this... If they go 10-2 it won't be easy - at all. I think your 8-4 is the most likely scenario. I don't see them getting past OK State, OU, or UT.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Inagree with everything stated in the arguement

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by aman86 View Post
    Inagree with everything stated in the arguement

You agree with me or no?

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

you are sort of obligated to list price when the juice is upwards of -200

key games and win prob based on spread

OkSt 62%
    Ark (neutral) 53%
    @TT 70%
    Mizz 73%
    @Ok 25%
    @KSU 80%
    Texas 65%

9-3/10-2 seem most likely, but 8-4 wouldn't be crazy to see. TxA&M has typically been underachieving and unpredictable. -200 not a great bet, -170ish is around now.