GGZOLA
    GGZOLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

When can we talk best ncaaf cappers

spent a whole 1-2 months with 25 year databse trying to spot patterns in lines.
    Lots of promising things I worked on didnt pan out as I sampled more teams
    Who's da king of CFB here, who can we look forward to?
    45-ish days to go

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There is no king in here, though there are many people who want to believe that they are. It is real simple. If you cannot do it yourself, you should not be wagering. Depending on others for your wagering choices is just giving your money away.
    Points Awarded:

The Bet Master gave BigdaddyQH 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by GGZOLA View Post
    spent a whole 1-2 months with 25 year databse trying to spot patterns in lines.
    Lots of promising things I worked on didnt pan out as I sampled more teams
    Who's da king of CFB here, who can we look forward to?
    45-ish days to go
    Just curious....was the goal of your line research to determine plays for yourself or to time the market to get the best price for your plays? I've tried to time markets without much success, it just seems too random. I've resigned myself to be satisfied with buying value when I see it and not get to overly concerned with movement.

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    There is no king in here, though there are many people who want to believe that they are. It is real simple. If you cannot do it yourself, you should not be wagering. Depending on others for your wagering choices is just giving your money away.
    Thank you!

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree. Everyone should do there own "thing" when it comes to selecting games which to play. Alot of posters create threads to monitor their selections, and the truth is----everyone has both hot and cold streaks from time to time.

The best bet is to do the work yourself and never blindly follow anyone.

GGZOLA

gonna try something this year, Very selective amount of games, like 20-30 a year. It was like 19-8 two years ago, but like 10-12 last year. I just asked best cappers because there are a few good ones in NFL, NBA and MLB on this site doing quite well overall.
    Chunk, I took an ats database from 1986 season and on trying to determine if oddsmakers overreact to dog wins/ fav losses it seems they do towards certain teams , but nothing consistent across the board. I'll pick and choose my spots see how it goes. (And post to keep records) I do need each team to play 1 week for data

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

For the most part no one makes any substantial amount of money betting. You should handicap, and determine your betting sizes independently. This will allow you to be entertained, while feeling the self gratification when cashing the ticket.

Just bet enough to be entertained. Do not try and make it a secondary income, b/c the odds are stacked against you.

dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Tom Herbert (therber) was definitely the most successful, but I think his service is private and requires a small monthly fee now.

GGZOLA

yes the terminator avatar guy I remember him

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never pay for anyone's picks. No matter how small the fee.

It is one thing to buy a 9 dollar magazine, it becomes different when you are forced to shell out 100 bucks for a game selection.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Only suckers pay for picks

Ca$hfloW
    Ca$hfloW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 435

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Tom Herbert (therber) was definitely the most successful, but I think his service is private and requires a small monthly fee now.
    I have his service and it's great and te fee is next to nothing, he is a class act and kills it in college football.

GGZOLA

cashflow can u pm me on details might wanna give it a shot if not that $$$

BetterBizness
    My chicks!
    BetterBizness's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7638

I have his service and he is lights out NCAA... was last year... is this year... 13 units last week.. pushing 20 overall and just getting started...
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 10-05-11 at 10:17 PM.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Never pay for anyone's picks. No matter how small the fee.

It is one thing to buy a 9 dollar magazine, it becomes different when you are forced to shell out 100 bucks for a game selection.
    I wouldn't pay for yours Marty, but people that make money year after year I have no problem paying for... any other attitude is mind boggling...

txmoney
    txmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Those responses always crack me up "cap your own games"....."if you can win by yourself.blah...blah"....well why don't you guys stfu and go cap games and quit looking at this forum????

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

the forum is a form of capping. Seeing what everyone thinks about a game and deciding what to do with the information. Just think about it.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by txmoney View Post
    Those responses always crack me up "cap your own games"....."if you can win by yourself.blah...blah"....well why don't you guys stfu and go cap games and quit looking at this forum????
    Dude for real... half the idiots in this forum couldn't cap a game for their lives anyhow...

but with that said.. most "touts" are scum... don't disagree... but of the few times I paid for picks, I've liked them... Therber charges like $50 a month... if you bet $100 a unit thats pretty much the juice in any given day...

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    the forum is a form of capping. Seeing what everyone thinks about a game and deciding what to do with the information. Just think about it.
    If I"m stuck I go with what JJ says.. then Brock... then Sam... pretty much in that order...

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

I keep a log of all my bets, and in my last 49 football bets I went 33-16. So when it comes time to make a football bet, I simply walk to the nearest mirror, look into it, and say "what should I do?"

I don't say that to beat my chest, I am trying to make a point. If you're putting money on a game using your own analysis, you had better consider yourself a handicapping GOD or else you need to find a new hobby! There are better things to do with money than to wager it on a non-confident bet.

BetterBizness
    My chicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    I keep a log of all my bets, and in my last 49 football bets I went 33-16.

I don't say that to beat my chest
    Clearly...

My point was that if you proved that you could do this for 49 weeks, I'd pay you a reasonable amount for this information you possess at a consistent level... Take it a step further... You do this in Argentinian Division II soccer, and again, show a consistent profit... I would GLADLY pay you for your level of competency on a sport, or a League I know NOTHING about... Because... Wait for it...

I REALLY LIKE MONEY!!!

It has NOTHING to do with confidence on myself as a capper...

I JUST LIKE MONEY... LOTS OF IT.. From ANYONE that can Find it for me...

Cliffs: I like MONEY! I will PAY Good Cappers MONEY to make me MONEY...

Why is this SO DIFFICULT for so many of you to understand (stupidity?)... I follow a guy that has put me on 5 digit runs, in particular in football... ALONG with my OWN capping and betting strategy (I.e. my own PROFITABLE CFL THREAD) ... it's really not hard to understand (unless you no speaka english)...

For the record... I know NOTHING about the NCAA and as a Canadian I don't give 2 sheits about this idiot system in the least... VOTING FOR THE BEST TEAM... BAHAHAHAHAHAH! Total Mind fuk for how stupid sport can get...

... I use a guy who charges $50 per month to use his model, no different from many of the modelers that offer their picks for FREE here.. I.e Sawyer, one of my favorite Model guys... If Sawyer charged $150 for his plays, I'd GLADLY pay it without hesitation... Just because a guy charges for something that was once free, how does that make it LESS valuable?

No wonder most of you idiots are broke and tailing Rubberband plays with your last dollar...

Re: Cliffs: I LIKE MONEY!
    Last edited by BetterBizness; 10-05-11 at 11:45 PM.