MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt/ND

ND has been cash this year. 5-2 ATS, or 4-2-1 depending on where you got the ND-Stanford line.

ND plays a crap schedule, so it is tough to gauge them. However, they did play well at North Carolina.

And no team has really gutted ND's defense. The most points ND has given up this year was 29 to North Carolina, but 7 of those came on a UNC pick six. Last week Washington didn't cross midfield until there was 4 minutes left in the game, BUT....we all know how horrible Washington is.

Pitt may be without Stull, and their starting center was also lost during the Rutgers game. Which means Pitt will have a first time center making the line calls against a Tenuta defense on the road. Pitt can't like that. Bostick looked bad last week against Rutgers as well.

Now, Pitt's defense. They gave up 6 td passes to Mike Teel. Which is stunning. Teel has looked horrible this year, and he lit Pitt up. Now Pitt goes on the road to face Clausen and those WRs. Say what you want about ND, but those young WRs are very very good.

McCoy is a great back, but Bostick may negate that. Stull had been played pretty well before getting knocked out cold last week.

Wanny has a lousy record in November. in 2006 they entered November 6-1, and then the wheels came off the Wanny train and they lost their last 5 games. Wannstedt has won three games in November the last three years. That isn't good.

I think ND -4.5 is a really solid play here.

Thoughts?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND plays well at home... i hate Wannstedt I watched Mike Teel.... Mike Teel destroy that Pitt secondary. I think Notre dame has the better D, Coach, QB and home field advantage I'll take the Irish.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

ND all the way. They are not an impressive team. But they have managed to do just enough on both side of the ball to win and covers.