Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

If This Dosen't Win I'll .......

I hate those threads "I'll Leave SBR forever" or "I'll quit wagering" Who Cares. This isn't my Game of the Year I dont have one EVER. This isn't a Lock theres no such animal but every now and then a game jumps out at me and I'm on the money most of the time. This week there is a game on the board that I think is 100% money in the bank and for $25.00 deposited into my paypal account I'll send you the winner ...... Nah just kidding the game is

LSU money line -130

South Carolina is bad extremly bad yes they beat Kentucky but look at how they did it. The last time LSU lost two in a row was in 2002 The last time South Carolina beat LSU was in 1994 they tied in 1995.
    LSU vs South Carolina head to head LSU is 15-2-1.

If this game was played last week prior to LSU's loss to Florida the line would be around 10 to 14 points.

Good luck
    Last edited by Aces; 10-16-08 at 10:32 PM.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I'm on LSU too. S.C. caught Ole Miss and Kentucky at perfect times, and aren't as good as they may seem. LSU is much better than their performance vs. FLorida, and I think they win rather easily

Aces

SP: doesn't I inverted two letters.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

South Carolina will be starting a freshman QB Saturday. And they also will be hurting at the line of scrimmage as they will be rotating 3 olinmens through out the game. Also there starting tightend might not play due to him being in a boot all week. And one of there runningbacks will be out.

All these people thats on South Carolina are one week bandwagon riders. Just because a team lost last week they suppose to collaspe and fall apart. Florida lost. Ohio State lost. USC lost and none of these teams looked good loosing niether. You just have to leave last week alone and continue with the body of the work of the team. For ex. people say LSU has no offense when there #2 in the SEC in offense. And people on South Carolina when they are last in the SEC in rushing offense. People have to look at the body of work of the team. Not just last week!

Aces

I'm a big Bama fan ZBOIZ your Ole Miss play cuts me to the core. Not because its a bad play but because I wont be playing it. Alabama will win the game but Ole Miss will come in under the number. I'll lay off that game for obvious reasons but I think you have two good ones there. Another SEC match up thats worth a look is Mississippi State + 7 1/2 I think this will be the nail that send Phil packing.

starboots
    starboots's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright I just took LSU, thanks for the good insight.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    I'm a big Bama fan ZBOIZ your Ole Miss play cuts me to the core. Not because its a bad play but because I wont be playing it. Alabama will win the game but Ole Miss will come in under the number. I'll lay off that game for obvious reasons but I think you have two good ones there. Another SEC match up thats worth a look is Mississippi State + 7 1/2 I think this will be the nail that send Phil packing.
    You are correct about that. But you know something is keeping me away from this game for some odd reason. I really dont know why but It's keeping me away! Probably because it's to shitty teams going at it! I really dont know but you are right.

uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

I hate those threads "I'll Leave SBR forever" or "I'll quit wagering" Who Cares. This isn't my Game of the Year I dont have one EVER. This isn't a Lock theres no such animal but every now and then a game jumps out at me and I'm on the money most of the time. This week there is a game on the board that I think is 100% money in the bank and for $25.00 deposited into my paypal account I'll send you the winner ...... Nah just kidding the game is

LSU money line -130

South Carolina is bad extremly bad yes they beat Kentucky but look at how they did it. The last time LSU lost two in a row was in 2002 The last time South Carolina beat LSU was in 1994 they tied in 1995.
    LSU vs South Carolina head to head LSU is 15-2-1.

If this game was played last week prior to LSU's loss to Florida the line would be around 10 to 14 points.

Good luck
    LOL, I love this kind of "in depth analysis". Let's break it down:
    1) "South Carolina is bad extremely bad"- Yes, they are so bad that their defense is ranked #1 in the SEC and #4 in the entire country despite a -7 turnover margin. They also lead the SEC in # of first downs and 3rd down completion percentage on offense. A team that is 5-2 and on a 4 game winning streak, including wins @Ole Miss and @Kentucky. Boy they really stink!
    2) "The last time LSU lost two in a row was 2002"- trends like this are completely irrelevant.
    3) "The last time SC beat LSU was in 1994, they tied in 1995"- Again, not relevant and furthermore, they have only played each other three times since that 1995 draw.
    4) "Yes they beat Kentucky, but look at how they did it": Good point, let's look at how they did it. SC kicker misses 4 of 5 field goals, Smelley (no longer starting qb) throws 2 interceptions including a pick-6, Stephen Garcia comes in and solidifies the job by leading a 10 point 4th quarter comeback (Kentucky had zero answers for the young man), and the Gamecocks win by a touchdown. Bama can't say the same thing.
    5) "If this game was played last week prior to LSU's loss to Florida the line would be around 10 to 14 points": RIIIGGGHTT, LSU (a team with a loss) would be favored over the Gamecocks in Williams-Brice Stadium by almost two touchdowns. LOL! #2 UGA was only favored by 7.5 earlier in the year and couldn't cover (and quite frankly was lucky to come away with the W).

*Zboiz, South Carolina will not hurting in the trenches and will not be rotating 3 O-lineman, I have no idea who told you that, but it has zero truth. The offensive line will be: LT Jarriel King (6-7 305), LG Jamon Meredith (6-5 300), C Garret Anderson (6-4 310), RG Lemuel Jean-piere (6-3 305), RT Justin Sorenson (6-7 316).
    *Secondly, Jared Cook's boot is precautionary, he will be ready to go. Same thing happened before Kentucky game. As always with injuries, you never know, but he is slated to play.
    *Also, I assume you are not familiar with Stephen Garcia. The guy was one of the top quarterbacks in the country out of High School and is a Redshirt Freshman. He has been eased into the starting role and will get his first official start Saturday. The kid is special and I assume because of your comments that you did not watch him in the Kentucky game. The kid has been compared to Brett Favre by scouts. Obviously, he has a lot of work to do to live up to that reputation, but he has a rocket arm, runs a 4.5 forty, is extremely athletic, and has moved the offense for a score almost every single time he has been given the ball in a game. I would tell you to enjoy watching him Saturday, but I have a feeling that you will not enjoy what you see.
    *Finally, the only reason I am posting this is not to start a big argument, but so people have the correct information and can make a decision for themselves based on facts and not on a simple "LSU is just traditionally better" argument. Trust me, that logic won't win in the long run. This is the SEC, any team can and will beat any other team and I have the utmost respect for the Les Miles and his program at LSU, but the advantage is with the home team in this one. Don't underestimate Spurrier in a game of this magnitude and don't underestimate the home field advantage of Columbia, SC. Don't bet on LSU because they are "due" to win after losing. If you bet on the Tigers, make sure it is because your statistics and information point almost unanimously in that direction. Mine point in an entirely different direction. Should be a battle and everyone will be able to tune in to ESPN to watch it at 8 PM Eastern (Zboiz and I will be there live, if you have never been to Columbia,SC, Zboiz, make sure you get inside early, the 2001 opening was rated the #1 entrance in college football by The Sporting News, all of my SEC friends from other schools look forward to that entrance the most when coming up for a game). Yes, I am a Gamecock fan and I have made money betting against them before (just like I have made a bundle betting against my Cowboys for 3 straight weeks), this is not one of those times. Good luck everybody and Zboiz, you might want to bring some ear plugs. (enjoyed my last trip to LSU by the way, it was very loud as well)

ZBOIZ

Well I will be at the game! But I know South Carolina has nice tradition, and a rocky crowd but I'm use to it. Tiger Stadium holds over 90,000 and it's rated the #1 toughest place to play college football. But this will be my first trip to Columbus! I hope I enjoy. And the local radio stations down here said that Spurrior was going to be rotating linemans.

ZBOIZ

Also I hope Garcia the best for his career but I have to see him as a starter in this game! Are better yet a starter in SEC GAMES

ZBOIZ

I will be staying in Charlotte, North Carolina and I will be attending the Saints and Panthers game also

uscfootball33

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I will be staying in Charlotte, North Carolina and I will be attending the Saints and Panthers game also
    You have to be really careful about the media in South Carolina. They really don't know anything, are extremely negative to the program, and will say just about anything. It is not like the media in other SEC towns (builds up the program, informative, etc.). John Hunt (OL coach) likes to stick with a set of lineman through out the game. As we both know, many decisions are made through out the course of a game and maybe a lineman underperforms and is put on the bench, but I do not see this type of rotation happening unless something like this occurs. I understand your doubts about Garcia, but the kid is the real deal. He showed it at Kentucky and I have full confidence that he will show it again on Saturday. I am not someone that will tell you that someone is good just because I am rooting for him. If someone is not ready, I will tell you that he is not ready, and furthermore bet against him because I feel that he is not ready. This Garcia kid is an gamer. Haha, I was just ribbing you about the earplugs. I have been to Baton Rouge and noise-wise, I put it at the top along with Florida, Tennessee, and South Carolina. I put UGA, Alabama, and Auburn slightly below those four. But honestly, All 7 of those places are so loud that it is hard to tell the difference and I couldn't tell any difference between any of the top 4. Good luck to your Saints against the Panthers, I can't stand Carolina Panther fans.

ZBOIZ

Well I'm excited about the Saints game also because Shockey and Colston will be back

ZBOIZ

I will have my lap top with me while I'm on this long weekend trip so I can keep in touch with my games while I'm on the road from Columbus to Charlotte. But I will be flying into Charlotte tommorrow at around noon!

Aces

South Carolina number one ranked D LOL . South Carolina is the joke of the SEC you guys are the Vandy of old. South Carolina with its outstanding D held Wofford to 13 points they also held the Power House UAB to 13 as well. As far as the "2" Georgia team being lucky to get the W.. is this the same Georgia team that was behind 31-0 vs Alabama at the mid point of the game ? If Vandy put up 24 points against your Game Cocks you can rest assured LSU will hit the mid 30s. SC's Brett Farve cant keep up with that. As for the old ball coach... Theres a serious lack of fire there. No more tossing the visor no more trick plays no more crazy gambles he has a dog of a program and he knows it. If a serious football program offers him a contract kiss the old ball coach Bye. There's two true SEC programs that will be needing a coach at the end of the year and I'm sure he'll be short listed for both. Its sad to see such a great coach wasted on such a bad program.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

looks good to me, im just a little worried about the line movement

Aces

Take the Money Line and skip the points its -135 at the Greek.

ZBOIZ

I got a feeling that Tennessee will fire Fulmer and Spurrier will go to Tennessee

Aces

I'm thinking the same thing or Auburn.

uscfootball33

I'm thinking the same thing or Auburn.
    LMAO, obviously you are still upset about him turning down your tide. I thoroughly enjoyed going to all of the Alabama message boards/Newspapers and reading how "they had reached an agreement" or "an announcement will be..." LMAO, it was so funny that the South Carolina football team brought a boom box and played the Alabama fight song when Spurrier came in for a team meeting one day. LOL, it was great just laughing at you and we fully appreciate the material that you gave us! That display of Alabama arrogance was the funniest thing I have ever seen. Websites with Spurrier in a Bear Bryant hat, etc, and then the guy said "no thanks, I will retire at South Carolina" to all of that money you threw at him. I know it's scary gentleman, but the guy is here to stay and he is building something special, just like he did at Florida. If any one of you would like to wager on Spurrier leaving for another program after this season, let's discuss figures and start naming prices. Predictions like that are meaningless unless backed by money. Let me know. And as for the other comments Aces, seriously, you sound like a degenerate with logic like that. It is a FACT that South Carolina has the #1 defense in the SEC right now (that's right the same defense that held UGA to 14, how many points did your Tide hold them to? Haha). It is a FACT that South Carolina has the #4 defense in the entire country right now. It is a FACT that South Carolina has the most first downs of any team in the SEC right now and it is a FACT that South Carolina leads the SEC in 3rd Down Completion Percentage right now. It is a FACT that scouts came in at the beginning of the year and were extremely complimentary of Stephen Garcia's potential (and the many talented athletes here that will be playing on Sundays in the near future). If you want to bet on your own degenerate logic that is your business, but don't bring down other people with you. Hopefully, most on here realize that "South Carolina sucks" is not a substantial enough argument to justify putting even 1% of their bankroll on. It may win this week, maybe the next, but in the long run logic like this will bury you. My Gamecocks will do the rest of our talking on the field this Saturday. I will congratulate you if you win and don't worry, I don't expect you to do the same if you lose.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

personally I despise Spurrier, but theres no denying he is a great coach. I/m not a fan of either team here but I smell upset coming this weekend in Columbia.

strictlywinners
    strictlywinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry I don't like LSU here, South Carolina is a terrible team but LSU was exposed last week and Spurrier will have gameplan to keep his team in the game. The homefield crowd noise and hostile enviorment will bother the young LSU QB and he will have 2-3 turnovers.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I will have my lap top with me while I'm on this long weekend trip so I can keep in touch with my games while I'm on the road from Columbus to Charlotte. But I will be flying into Charlotte tommorrow at around noon!
    Z,
    If you go to Columbus, you may wind up in Georgia or Ohio. If you intend to see the South Carolina/LSU game, I suggest you come to Columbia.

Now, just so you know...the state fair is in town. I strongly suggest you leave plenty early because it is always a major traffic gridlock when the Gamecocks play when the state fair is in town.

Doc

Aces

I'll be back for the post game show.
    No I'm not very good at Capping SEC football..... I'm the best at it.
    I dont mind you thinking that South Carolina will win but I do mind Homers and when it comes to South Carolina you are no doubt a Homer.

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

LSU ML @ -130 is a steal..

Aces

Post Game Time.

uscfootball33

Just got back from the game/post game festivities. Obviously, we are all embarrassed about how our team played tonight and it took quite a bit of alcohol to alleviate those frustrations. Congratulations to all of the LSU backers, the Tigers were the better team tonight and deserved the W. Great call on the game Zboiz and Aces.

Aces

Tough Loss. South Carolina played a much better game than I expected and at no point in the game did I think I had a for sure winner.

I hope we're on the same side next week.