WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Charlie Weis took Notre Dame to the Cleaners

Federal tax documents show that Notre Dame made a termination payment of $6,638,403 to former head coach Charlie Weis sometime after he and the school parted ways. And that was just an initial termination payment; the documents also reveal that Weis will receive smaller annual payments through December, 2015 as part of his severance package. So, for posting a 35-27 record as the Irish coach, ole Charlie will receive in excess of $7 million above and beyond what he was paid in salary for 5 years. Weis now makes $765,000 as offensive coordinator for the Florida Gators....pocket chance for what he took the Irish for.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Once you get that kind of money, isnt it all gravy? I would think so anyway. Don't feel sorry for the Irish. Screw 'em.

WorkHorse

Of all schools, I would have thought Notre Dame would have been smarter than getting $$hammered like this.

Ole Charlie snowed them bigtime.....seems to me some president and AD should be accountable.

bornselling
    bornselling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

Charlie snowed them bigtime.....seems to me some president and AD should be accountable.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Another good thing to hate about Charlie. I'm surprised some crazed ND alumni hasn't shot him.

WorkHorse

Wreck, this guy was not and will never be head coaching material.

He is however, a good offensive coordinator, big difference and it will be interesting to see his influence on Brantley the QB. This kid can throw the ball and was miscast last year. I wonder, even think Florida will surprise some folks this year. Meyer didn't leave the kitchen empty. Don't write off the Florida Gators my friends.

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Federal tax documents show that Notre Dame made a termination payment of $6,638,403 to former head coach Charlie Weis sometime after he and the school parted ways. And that was just an initial termination payment; the documents also reveal that Weis will receive smaller annual payments through December, 2015 as part of his severance package. So, for posting a 35-27 record as the Irish coach, ole Charlie will receive in excess of $7 million above and beyond what he was paid in salary for 5 years. Weis now makes $765,000 as offensive coordinator for the Florida Gators....pocket chance for what he took the Irish for.
    They are a bunch of damn fools for paying him for nothing. Hiring him might have been a **** up but paying him for nothing is a bigger **** up. They should have kept him thru his contract term. It's not like they are setting the world on fire now. Not to mention, **** those cocky bastards! They deserve the screwing that they are getting.

WorkHorse

Damn coach L...why are you holding back?

I agree with you my friend....Notre Dame got TOOK.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

at Coach L!! GO HARD BABY!!

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

Weis should be sending some of that $$$$ Coach Belichik's way. He is the reason Weis got hired and received such a lucrative offer.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by samdapatriotsfan View Post
    Weis should be sending some of that $$$$ Coach Belichik's way. He is the reason Weis got hired and received such a lucrative offer.
    Yeah, the Emperor of the Evil Empire needs more money...