MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Best Away game to go to for an SC fan?

What's up guys.....I was hoping a few of you NCAA guys could help me out here.

I just graduated from the University of South Carolina last December, and have since moved back to NJ.
    I am a huge football fan and love checking out different schools and the game day atmospheres and all that.
    I'm definitely going back to Columbia for the Auburn, Florida, and Clemson games, but I want to catch a game on the road this year with some of my buddies for a roadtrip

I narrowed it down to the following 3 away games:

Georgia: I've been to Athens before, but never saw a game at Sanford Stadium....it should be an awesome game, and I heard that Athens is awesome for a gameday weekend, but maybe there is a better choice?

Tennessee: I heard Knoxville is a pretty decent place for a gameday weekend, but some of my friends went 2 years ago and said that they didn't have such a great time. Should be a good game, but I'm not too sure about Tennessee for the roadtrip.

Mississippi St: Will be a hell of a game, but do I really wanna check out Starkville, Mississippi? I've heard that Starkville kinda sucks compared to other SEC towns, but the game will be awesome and the fans are intense. Is Starkville a cool place to check out for a gameday weekend?

I wish we were playing LSU, Ole Miss, or Bama away this year, as I would definitely pick one of those.....Arkansas is the only other good away game we have, but no way in hell am I taking a roadtrip to Arkansas LOL.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Either Georgia or Tennessee woul be mu pick. Georgia will be the best game out of those 3. Plus a trip to Athens is guaranteed to be a good time. Looking at the schedule, the UT game is on Halloween weekend which should mean a crazy atmosphere.

I've only been to Athens out of those 3, but that's my .02.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A no brainer. The UGA game. The winner gets the early jump in the SEC East Championship chase.

race.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Tennessee: I heard Knoxville is a pretty decent place for a gameday weekend, but some of my friends went 2 years ago and said that they didn't have such a great time. Should be a good game, but I'm not too sure about Tennessee for the roadtrip.
    Their bad time was probably due to the fact it was cold and rainy that night and if they were Gamecock fans, the game got out of hand quite early with turnovers. The atmosphere has lost it a bit in the past few years with the teams struggles, but Knoxville is a great place to see a game. 2004 SI ran a story best college football weekends and Tennessee topped the list. Cant go wrong with any of the games on the list but Id say UGA or UT are easily ahead of MSU.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Tennessee can be a great weekend to experience a college football weekend. The game plus the river and all the people who come in boats. Also Gatlinburg is just a short drive from Knoxville.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Workhorse, I posted the predictions in the Notebook.

Tennessee is a fun experience.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

ga game. athens women make me smile.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

You've gotta experience Knoxville since you've already done Athens. Don't even think about Starkville.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Forgive me MoneyDawg for sliding a little off topic but two places I would love to visit would be West Point (Army) and Annapolis (Navy).

I would enjoy the experience of the game and being on campus for a weekend.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Thanks for all of the responses guys.....I'm definitely leaning toward the UGA game early in the season. Maybe if we are having an awesome year I can checkout the Tennessee game as well. Also, it will be a lot easier to get a crew to go to Athens being that a lot of my friends live in South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Either Georgia or Tennessee woul be mu pick. Georgia will be the best game out of those 3. Plus a trip to Athens is guaranteed to be a good time. Looking at the schedule, the UT game is on Halloween weekend which should mean a crazy atmosphere.

I've only been to Athens out of those 3, but that's my .02.
    How did you enjoy the experience in Athens? I heard the nightlife is awesome.....how is the stadium itself during the game and tailgating?

Quote Originally Posted by utmoody10 View Post

Their bad time was probably due to the fact it was cold and rainy that night and if they were Gamecock fans, the game got out of hand quite early with turnovers. The atmosphere has lost it a bit in the past few years with the teams struggles, but Knoxville is a great place to see a game. 2004 SI ran a story best college football weekends and Tennessee topped the list. Cant go wrong with any of the games on the list but Id say UGA or UT are easily ahead of MSU.
    Yes, that's definitely a big reason why they had a bad time in Knoxville.....That game ruined our Halloween in Columbia.....Tons of fights that night down at 5 points

How is the nightlife in Knoxville? How do they treat visitors?

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    ga game. athens women make me smile.
    haha, USC can definitely compete with UGA in this department, but you're definitely right.....I partied/tailgated with some UGA girls last September when they visited for the game in Columbia and not one of em was close to ugly

Gotta love SEC girls in general.....can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    You've gotta experience Knoxville since you've already done Athens. Don't even think about Starkville.
    I only visited Athens when I was looking at schools.....I never saw a game there or even visited for a weekend

Have you been to Starkville for a game? How bad is it really?

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Thanks for all of the responses guys.....I'm definitely leaning toward the UGA game early in the season. Maybe if we are having an awesome year I can checkout the Tennessee game as well. Also, it will be a lot easier to get a crew to go to Athens being that a lot of my friends live in South Carolina.

How did you enjoy the experience in Athens? I heard the nightlife is awesome.....how is the stadium itself during the game and tailgating?
    Last time I was down there I was underage, can't really comment on the nightlife too much. But from everything I've heard its 5 points esque. Looking forward to that in September. The game this year is a 7pm game on ESPN, I'm sure the stadium will be rocking after everyone gets liquored up all day. The stadium is right in the middle of campus, most of the action I saw took place on campus. Feel like every CFB fan should experience a game in Athens at least once.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Only 4 away games this year. SC could be the big boy in the east again.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Only 4 away games this year. SC could be the big boy in the east again.