Lout84
    Lout84's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lout's Picks 10/18

Well, I went 4-4 last week. I would say that is a victory considering the crazy football weekend. There looks to be some very good games this week. All plays will be for 5 Units this weekend. 1 Units = $100

UConn - Pk
    Washington +14
    Vanderbilt +15.5
    Troy -8
    Oklahoma St -16.5
    Air Force -4

NC St +11 * 2.5 units
    LSU -2 * 2.5 units

UCONN is going to roll into Pascattaway and roll over the Rutgers on their own turf. The Rutgers team is nothing without their star Ray Rice and it shows. UConn has had the extra week to prepare for this team.
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-17-08 at 11:24 PM.

Godsmack
    Godsmack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3157

gl this weel lou

uconn is almost 90%....this line will move in your favor for sure.lets hope not for the dreaded reverse line movement
    Last edited by Godsmack; 10-13-08 at 10:12 AM.

Lout84

Godsmack, appreciate it.

2nd Pick

Washington +14

Washington has looked bad thus far. But, they had a week off to help prepare for Oregon St. Historically, these teams play each other close. OSU does not get up for this game and they have ASU next week. Potential upset brewing this week?

Lout84

3rd Pick

LSU -3

This is a gift. There is no way these teams should be this close. Sure, LSU lost big to Florida last week. Les Miles won't let it happen again. LSU is a far far superior team to Spurrier. Try saying that 3 times fast. I don't see LSU losing 2 in a row.

Lout84

4th Pick

Kansas State +3.5

I am riding this team for the 2nd straight week.
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-15-08 at 10:50 AM.

Godsmack
    Godsmack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3157

Quote Originally Posted by Lout84 View Post
    4th Pick

Kansas State -3

I am riding this team for the 2nd straight week.
    +3?

jerseydave77
    jerseydave77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2926

This team is going to roll into Pascattaway and roll over the Rutgers on their own turf. The Rutgers team is nothing without their star Ray Rice and it shows. UConn has had the extra week to prepare for this team.
    Haven't posted here in a while. I am hitting UConn as well this week. Living in NJ I can't help feel bad for all the folks that plastered their cars with Rutgers stickers the last couple seasons. Today I was walking to the train and noticed in my neighbors Halloween Graveyard a Tombstone that simply said "RU Football."

I had a good laugh there.

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by Godsmack View Post
    +3?
    Oh wow! I thought for sure that I read -3 K State.. this makes be feel even more confident! I just got 6 points for free basically, lol. Taking K State +3 !

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by jerseydave77 View Post
    Haven't posted here in a while. I am hitting UConn as well this week. Living in NJ I can't help feel bad for all the folks that plastered their cars with Rutgers stickers the last couple seasons. Today I was walking to the train and noticed in my neighbors Halloween Graveyard a Tombstone that simply said "RU Football."

I had a good laugh there.
    HAHA! It is not looking good for the Rutgers this year and Connecticut has something to play for. I like UConn to win this one easily.

CaptainFurFace
    CaptainFurFace's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lout --

First off, great job. I have been watching and learning on this site since week 1. You and Pags are top notch, and I thank you for all your insight.

I am a Longhorn, but have a ton of respect for Stoops and the program he's built. I am wondering how you think OU rebounds this week vs Kansas. I feel like they stomp a Kansas team that has had to rally in the 2nd half of recent games to cover/win.

Thoughts?

thanks!!

KJ90
    KJ90's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Tex -7
    Wisc +3.5
    Bama -13.5
    GT -1
    Okla St -16

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFurFace View Post
    Lout --

First off, great job. I have been watching and learning on this site since week 1. You and Pags are top notch, and I thank you for all your insight.

I am a Longhorn, but have a ton of respect for Stoops and the program he's built. I am wondering how you think OU rebounds this week vs Kansas. I feel like they stomp a Kansas team that has had to rally in the 2nd half of recent games to cover/win.

Thoughts?

thanks!!
    Thank you for the vote of confidence. Posts like that encourage me to continue posting my picks. So far, I have not went under 50% for the weekend.

I think the oddsmakers got this spread right. Oklahoma could beat Kansas by 35 if they wanted to. The problem is, are they going to get up for this game? I see an Oklahoma win by 17-21. Too close to call on this one. I personally, am not betting on that game. If you have a good feeling, by all means, don't let me talk you out of it. I am a die hard sooner fan (went to school there) and I am cautiously optimistic.

My prediction: OU 42-24
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-13-08 at 03:45 PM.

Lout84

5th Pick

Vanderbilt +15.5

Vandy lost last week in a possible look ahead game. They have the offense and defense to keep it closer than 2 TDs. They have been waiting for this opportunity and do not plan on losing this game. It will be hard fought and I wouldn't be surprised to see Vandy leading at some point in this game.
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-13-08 at 10:49 PM.

abc
    abc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

BOL, Lout. I've watched the last few weeks of your picks and you and Pags have taught me a lot. It was a rough week for me last week, but I hope to put it together this week. I like the LSU pick.

Lout84

Troy -8
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-15-08 at 10:49 AM.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will be on Uconn, Kansas St., Vandy, Troy. Bol!

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by SportNut View Post
    I will be on Uconn, Kansas St., Vandy, Troy. Bol!
    Sounds good!

Lout84

The more I looked at Oklahoma St at home against Baylor.. the more I thought this line looked entirely too low.

OSU -16.5
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-15-08 at 10:49 AM.

Lout84

Last pick.

Air Force -4

Lout84

Cancelling the LSU -3 play due to pags play on South Carolina +3.

I have respect for pags plays and never play against him. Although, I am not playing with him on this one.

Also, cancelling the KSU +3.5 play. The sharps are all over Colorado in this one. Sorry about cancelling 2 plays.. hopefully I cancelled these early enough that people did not hop on yet.

Also, I changed all plays to 5 units. 1 unit = $100
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-15-08 at 10:57 AM.

Lout84

Adding Play

Central Michigan -1

This is a huge rivalry game bewteen these two teams. Central should win this game by a TD at home.

CaptainFurFace
    CaptainFurFace's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lout --

Nice picks. I noticed central michigan is +1. Is that just another oversight (ie. K-state +3), or did something happen and the line shift 2 points?!?

Thanks!

GL!

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

GL this week lout im on most of your picks staying away from LSU.

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFurFace View Post
    Lout --

Nice picks. I noticed central michigan is +1. Is that just another oversight (ie. K-state +3), or did something happen and the line shift 2 points?!?

Thanks!

GL!
    Indeed, the line moved from -1 to +2 now.. the line opened at -3.5. This is a huge cause for concern as the public has been hitting central michigan hard, yet the line is moving in their favor. I don't know what the reason for this is, because I have not read about any injuries. An undescribed 5.5 point swing has got me nervous. But, I still feel very good about Central Michigan to win this game. But, I am going to cancel this play.

*(If anyone knows anything about an injury that I don't know about, then please let me know)

Thanks for the info Captain.
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-16-08 at 02:06 PM.

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    GL this week lout im on most of your picks staying away from LSU.
    GL to you as well! I am also off of LSU.
    However, I do believe they win this game.

Lout84

This is not an official play, but I am betting 2.5 units on the wolfpack +11 at home tonight. The TCU/BYU game seems like it will be too close of a game for my liking.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

This is not an official play, but I am betting 2.5 units on the wolfpack +11 at home tonight. The TCU/BYU game seems like it will be too close of a game for my liking.
    Im leaning that way also!!!!!!!!!

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Im leaning that way also!!!!!!!!!
    Teams always seem to get pumped up for primetime games. I look for NC State to AT LEAST keep this one close.. possibly even upset at home.

MOONCRICKET
    MOONCRICKET's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 176

for what its worth (and at thi stage probably not much as this is my 2nd post this year) (the 1st post was 3 hours ago playing on BYU/TCU over which i absolutely love as primetime isolated games of 2 teams with solid defenses tend to go over as d's and special teams tend to score and provide short fields for the offenses0

tcu game will be in the high 50's.

as far as commentary on some other plays featured in this thread....

1st i have to love western michigan even though i cant name one starter for either side. reason being --- identical records squaring for their game of the year at this point. line is telling us that the home team is the weaker team or else they would be favored by 6, but pickem to +1 or -1 either way just screams of WM here.

i see vandy jumping out 7-0 as uga is always late to get it in gear on 12:30 starts at home. that school parties and these kids dont get involved with the cheering until at least the 2nd quarter when theyve got the proper amount of adult beverage in them.

vandy jumps out 10-0 and then gets routed 38-10. line is set high for a reason... to suck in vandy action.

fsu has way too much speed for this ncstate team. their GOY was east carolina - their bitter rival along with nc. so i look for sacks galore from this fsu front 4 and a real long night for the wolfpack fans, fsu 33-13.

and last but not least is this kansas/ou matchup that was mentioned earlier. i happen to really like this gutty kid reesing at the helm for ku, but this isnt t he same bunch as last years surprise jayhawk team. they can pop the scoreboard now and again but their main issue is stopping this juggernaut ou passing attack. i dont see it happeneing and we all know stoops understands this bcs farce and blowouts count. so he wont be shy about keeping the offense open and loose come second half after my best estimate is that ou puts up a 40 spot in the first frame. texas matched up well against ou and really came to play, great effort, hats off to them, but here in this spot i look for ou to mash kansas for being in the wrong place in the wrong time. ou is in the 60's here and cover the over by themselves, a total which i believe will be over by halftime. bradford is gonna get his 5-6 scores and the defense will chip in with a couple of their own.

happy hunting,

recap :

fsu-11
    tcu/byu over 45
    UGA-14' or -15
    ou -20' and over 60'

5-0. believe it. the cricket is back. chirp chirp.

Lout84

So why bother mentioning West Michigan if you aren't going to pick them?

I am off that game because it seems all signs point that direction.

What you are saying about this Florida St team is what they have said the last 3 years, and look at those outcomes. The game was a 1 score game one way or the other.

I think it is funny that your Georgia score directly correlates with the alcohol consumption of it's fans. But, that tactic will lose you money. I love Vandy in this one as I think they can possibly beat Georgia straight up now that they made the switch to McKenzie Adams at QB. Let's face it, that Nickson kid played not to lose games, not to win them.

Glad to have your insight in my thread Cricket, I love other's perception's on games.

MOONCRICKET

well lou good to be here. what i ended up doing was play huge straight up (huge for me is 1000) huge for others is a zip code but i aint got it like that.

and a 3 teamer fsu -9.5 -150, tcu over 41.5 -150 and tampa bay rays +143. i felt more comfortable buying the 2 extra points.

right now its 26-0 tcu, and 17-13 ncst. so i need a 2td finish by the noles who look very lethargic on defense and this moron jimbo fisher just refuses to exploit these corners. i wonder what hes waiting for - what is an 8 inch height advantage on both wr's not good enough? and just as i say that ponder goes deep to sorency and he drops it ... wonderful. anyways i gotta pull in this total with tcu - so far so good. byu will at least score once right? lol. my parlay is just for some action 50 bucks.

MOONCRICKET

and i only mentioned wmu because it appears that the line is dictating wmu as the right side. if i had to bet it i would move on wmu but there are better games in my opinion - and thats all it is a-- an opinion - so im not trying to be confrontational or claim to be some super capper at all here. i get wicked hot and i get wicked cold. today is the first real bet i made all year in football and its tcu/byu over 43.5 -110 - didnt buy the 2 points there didnt want to risk 1500 to win 1000.

MOONCRICKET

quick strike 20-17 fsu. need one more man.

Lout84

Quote Originally Posted by MOONCRICKET View Post
    quick strike 20-17 fsu. need one more man.
    Ouch. Lost by that half a point. I feel for you there. And lost the BYU total by about a TD. I would highly recommend not betting on UGA -14. Also, I am a huge huge sooner fan, and I wouldn't even take them -20. Although, I do like the over 60 on that game, but I normally don't bet totals. It looks like this might be a cold streak for ya. You will get em' next time Cricket!

I am 1-0 for the week, and I haven't done worse than 50% for any given weekend this year.
    Last edited by Lout84; 10-16-08 at 10:40 PM.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, cancelling the KSU +3.5 play. The sharps are all over Colorado in this one.
    good to see you cancelled KSU, I was liking them as well but have a very bad feeling about this game.

Hope you KILL those Books again this week man.......

12 Last