WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Who would be your 2011 Dream Backfield?

If you had the opportunity to select a quarterback and two running backs from all Division I schools for your college football team....who would you pick? These players are for college, not NFL prospects. Take that out of the equation when considering your choices. It will be fun to see who you guys like.

My picks:

Quarterback - Kellen Moore, Boise State (consideration given to Andrew Luck, Stanford and Case Keenum, Houston)

Running backs - Trent Richardson, Alabama and Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina. (consideration given to LaMichael James, Oregon)

There are some good players out there so tell us who you like.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Really depends what type of offense you're running, but this would be mine for a pro-style:

Quarterback: Luck, easily... no explanation needed.
    Running back: Lattimore and LaMichael James. Like James' speed to compliment Latt.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

QB-Luck
    RB-James
    RB-Trent Richardson

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

richardson/dyer
    kellen moore

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

LaMichael James would have to be at the top of the list. He has been so productive and durable too for his very small stature. He makes more people miss and makes chicken salad out of chicken shit like Barry Sanders used to.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

CCI, Dyer is probably going to be a stud back, but putting him above some of the more established ones is a long shot my friend.

Without Lattimore, SC would not have made it to the SEC title game last season.

Without a strong year from Richardson, Bama will be hard pressed to challenge LSU for the West even with a superior defense.

Richardson and Lattimore are the best pure running backs in the country this year. Just my opinion and it will take a lot to change that opinion.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

qb - persa northwestern
    rb - richardson ala and james oregon

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    CCI, Dyer is probably going to be a stud back, but putting him above some of the more established ones is a long shot my friend. Without Lattimore, SC would not have made it to the SEC title game last season. Without a strong year from Richardson, Bama will be hard pressed to challenge LSU for the West even with a superior defense. Richardson and Lattimore are the best pure running backs in the country this year. Just my opinion and it will take a lot to change that opinion.
    I agree lattimore is more established. Yet, he is the only thing the gamecocks have.
    Dyer on the other hand was competing with hiesman winner Scam newton for stats, and mccalebb.
    I like Dyer here. It will be a fun season to watch any of these guys tote the rock.
    Lets see who has the better year.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Everyone is picking all these big names in big programs. How would these guys do with a crappy o-line? We are just picking backfields right? How about?

Dominique Davis (ECU) would of crushed people if he had a defense.
    Bobby Rainey (WKU) best player in the conference on the worst team. And he still produces goddy numbers.
    Ronnie Hillman (SDSU) was nasty as a true freshman, only going to get better if he works hard.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Luck at QB
    James and Richardson in the backfield.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    Everyone is picking all these big names in big programs.
    Big time programs play other big time teams.
    I have personally watched richardson and dyer break numerous tackles from 4.4 Linebackers and 4.5 defensive ends. They play against top notch defenses. My unborn sister could average 100 yards a game playing for wku.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    Big time programs play other big time teams.
    I have personally watched richardson and dyer break numerous tackles from 4.4 Linebackers and 4.5 defensive ends. They play against top notch defenses. My unborn sister could average 100 yards a game playing for wku.
    And they also have the biggest o-lines in the NCAA to go against those defenses. If you can play football you can play football. And what is a 4.4 linebacker and 4.5 d-end? I didn't know speed made you tackle better. You probably think a tackle is hitting someone real hard with a shoulder.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    And they also have the biggest o-lines in the NCAA to go against those defenses. If you can play football you can play football. And what is a 4.4 linebacker and 4.5 d-end? I didn't know speed made you tackle better. You probably think a tackle is hitting someone real hard with a shoulder.