bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

QB Paulus committs to UNC

6-foot-5, 220 pound QB prospect Mike Paulus has passed on USC, Miami, Michigan, Alabama and Tennessee and has decided to commit to the North Carolina Tar Heels. "I couldn't be more excited about the program and the opportunity to help turn it around," he told Mike Farrell of Rivals.com. "When I went there on an unofficial visit, I fell in love with it and felt like USC and UNC were both home to me. I loved both, and when it came down to it, my heart told me it was North Carolina."

Huge signing for UNC. Maybe their football program headed for respectability?

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brother of Duke starting point guard, Greg Paulus. Greg Paulus's numbers were much more impressive at the same high school though. He's only a 4 star recruit for next season. Not that there is much stock in that. Afterall Reggie Bush was a 4 star and AJ Hawk was a 3 star recruit.

USC won't get another top QB until 2008 because they know they will not play until at least 2009.

Orion
    Orion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well

There is more to this story. His top two choices for schools were ND (his number one) and Michigan (plan B). When, ND landed Clausen, ND was no longer an option and Michigan became plan A. But then Michigan landed Ryan Mallet, the 6-6 quarterback with a cannon for an arm from Texas. So both Plan A and B were both unavailable. And he chose UNC over USC. I'm guessing he probably didn't want to be a part of that sinking ship in Los Angeles.

The Great One
    The Great One's Avatar Become A Pro!

He didn't want to go to USC because he simply wouldn't play except for his redshirt senior season.

Nothing will ever come of mark Sanchez's sexual assault crap. Hell, he'sprobably done it twice more then. No biggy. Skanks blow crap out of proportion all the time.