ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Which Team Most Surprising So Far? And Most Disappointing?

My picks are, in the first instance, Vandy.

4-0. Who woulda thought it?

Most disappointing?

Gotta be Rutgers. Last three years may have been a fluke.
    This year's edition looks like the "old" Rutgers

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

Disappointing = West Virginia
    Surprising = Alabama

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

No suprise for me, People tried to laugh me off this forum when i said Vandy would beat miami ohio. I've won money on them all 4 weeks I didnt know they were going to be 4-0 but i did know they would be good they have 10 mr footballs from their respective states and Their freshman wide out Cole is a gatorade player of the year from Kentucky. Rutgers yeah not being able to score on Navy is bad as it gets. But I have to go with West Virgina... WTF is going on They beat oklahoma last year now their 1-2 and Pat White is crying in locker rooms and wishing he was playing WR or DB in the NFL and not coming back for that final year. I feel bad for Pat he made me alot of $$ over the course of his college career.

ritehook

Well, you made a good call.

Phil Steele, almost everyone's guru on these boards (not quite everyone, count me as a dissenter) wrote in his preseason mag:

"I'll call for VU to have their first 0-8 season in SEC play since Johnson's inaugural year here."

Phil does have some good stuff in his mag, but he also, last season, called for Boston College (winner ofd ACC) to finish last in their division of the ACC.

However, I didn't really give Vandy much chance this year. Two more wins and they make their first bowl game since, what, when Reagan was president? Or Truman!

ritehook

'Dores haven't been to a bowl since 1982.

Hope they get there, maybe even a BCS bowl!!

Small school with high academic standards. Like to see 'em beat the football factories.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ritehook View Post
    Well, you made a good call.

Phil Steele, almost everyone's guru on these boards (not quite everyone, count me as a dissenter) wrote in his preseason mag:

"I'll call for VU to have their first 0-8 season in SEC play since Johnson's inaugural year here."

Phil does have some good stuff in his mag, but he also, last season, called for Boston College (winner ofd ACC) to finish last in their division of the ACC.

However, I didn't really give Vandy much chance this year. Two more wins and they make their first bowl game since, what, when Reagan was president? Or Truman!
    Phil steele just didnt do his homework on vandy, even Espn's SEC preview show didnt do a segment on Vandy. But If you get a chance look into the Vandy bio's at at their website almost everybody on that roster was all state in high school and if i can read that in about a hour im sure they can. Bobby johnson has some good verbal commits for the 2009 recruiting class and transfers coming in i dont think vandy is going to fade anytime soon. Bobby Johnson Rotates alot of players and the team is young alot of sophs and Jrs and the Backup QB Adams will be back next year look out for Vandy.